Bubblicious Friday: Nebraska and BYU swap bubble positioning

gonzaga down. things could get very interesting for them if they lose this one

Would rather gonzaga win. Afraid of another bid stealer.

if they lose this one, there are no guarantees for them to make the field anymore.

RPI paper tiger for sure. SOS of 99. bad losses at San Diego and Portland w/ SD being recent. 1-4 vs the top 50 w/ their only W vs. #34 BYU at home who then beat them when BYU was at home. And a loss to Santa Clara would be a crippler. Their RPI is 210.

Green Bay down 4 to Milwaukee. Is Green Bay out if they don't get the W?

We are a long shot but it wasn't like nothing good happened today:
Threshold teams: Iowa, OkSt, SMU & Ark lost
Bubble Teams: Xavier, Providence and Georgetown lost
On Radar Teams: LSU, Clemson and Utah lost
Coastal Carolina had two wins and is the highest seed in the championship game…

No one thought we had an easy path…but we are getting some help. There were 10 loses we wanted and 10 wins we didn't. I am just glad we are still playing for something...

Rouser makes an interesting point on Gonzaga. I think they should absolutely be out if they lose this game, but their RPI is still high and it does open up the possibility of 3 West Coast Conference teams in the tournament.

Iowa is an interesting case. I think their scheduled to play Purdue in round 1 of the B1G Tourney, if they lose it seems like it would be tough to put them in the dance. I'd love to see them miss the tourney. The only negative to their losing streak is that they are/were one of the Gophers 3 best wins on the season and that win has continued to look less impressive.

Unbelievable, Stockton's kid gets all the way to the hole for a layup to break a tie game with 1.4 seconds left. Maybe it's a good thing Gonzaga won, but that was yet another brutal one to watch.

Unbelievable, Stockton's kid gets all the way to the hole for a layup to break a tie game with 1.4 seconds left. Maybe it's a good thing Gonzaga won, but that was yet another brutal one to watch.

definitely got away with a forearm on the way to the hole as well.

Barn burner in Green Bay. Tied gamed with 2:10 left in OT

Green Bay goes down. I don't think they get a bid.

I have the Gophers as the last team in, assuming Arkansas played themselves out of the tournament, and no bid stealers. Yikes.

3 wins.

RPI forecast has the Gophers at an RPI of 51 if they win their next two and lose.
That's not comforting.

Top Bottom