Bubblicious Friday: Nebraska and BYU swap bubble positioning

Pitt's coming back. But at least Georgetown lost and Arkansas is getting run.

You have to be kidding me. Pitt down 67-62 with ten seconds left. Ties it up. OT.

It's brutal. Never seen anything like it. Can't believe Clemson didn't call time out there.

Poor coaching by Clemson. You gotta go long there with 2 seconds left. It Pitt steals on the other end they have no chance. Cmon Clemson get this done in OT. Up 5 with 4.2 seconds and they can't hold the lead.... unreal.

Pitt running away with it in OT. Predictable.

And Clemson promptly pisses down their leg in OT.

And Oregon beat UofA...when was the last time that just about every bubble team won there last game going into the conference tournament?..this is really really frustrating..

And Clemson promptly pisses down their leg in OT.

Time to step away from the bubble watch and have the Gophs win some Fing games. Take care of business ourselves.

Pitt should be f'ing out and so should Providence. Just complete BS that both these teams got complete gifts to stay alive. Clemson's chunky PG who managed to make 1 out of a potential 4 ft's at the end of regulation is near the top of my most hated list right now.

And Oregon beat UofA...when was the last time that just about every bubble team won there last game going into the conference tournament?..this is really really frustrating..

Oregon was probably in regardless.

So according to Selection Sunday there are 25 teams vying for 14 spots. It's not all bad:

Of those on the threshold:
Oklahoma St, SMU and Ark all lost their games (YES:)
GW and Oregon win
Waiting to see Iowa and Nebraska

On the Bubble:
Georgetown loses
BYI, Stanford, Tenn and Pitt win :(
Waiting to see: St. Joe's, Dayton, Providence, FSU, Cal, MINNESOTA

On Radar:
LSU, Clemson, Utah all lose!
St. John's wins

Helping us:
Coastal Carolina beat Charleston Southern and VMI, #1 seed loses, Coastal Carolina now highest seed playing in championship

Does that look about right?
Go Colorado, Go Minnesota

Cal wins by 1 in OT. Of course they do.

And Cal escapes with a 1 point W in OT...I think I'm done trying to scoreboard watch....I'm watching the Providence vs Creighton game right now. I better stop or else the Friers will come back...smh :cry:

Because of course it goes this way: Colorado had the ball in a tie game with 25 seconds left and failed to get a shot off, turning it over in the last second. Then in OT, Colorado has the ball and a 3 point lead, I believe twice and couldn't push the lead to 5. With Colorado up one and 30 or so seconds left, the officials ignore a clear over the back violation on Cal when one Cal offensive player and 3 Colorado defenders vie for the rebound, ball goes out of bounds and it's unclear who touched it last...ball goes to Cal. On that possession, Justin Cobbs takes a jumper and a LATE whistle (correct call, but Colorado had the ball already and the official with the better angle didn't blow his whistle) and goes to the line to make both and put Cal up one. Colorado down just one misses a WIDE OPEN 3 to win the game with about 5 seconds remaining.

Do yourselves a favor and don't watch any of these games.

Because of course it goes this way: Colorado had the ball in a tie game with 25 seconds left and failed to get a shot off, turning it over in the last second. Then in OT, Colorado has the ball and a 3 point lead, I believe twice and couldn't push the lead to 5. With Colorado up one and 30 or so seconds left, the officials ignore a clear over the back violation on Cal when one Cal offensive player and 3 Colorado defenders vie for the rebound, ball goes out of bounds and it's unclear who touched it last...ball goes to call. On that possession, Justin Cobbs takes a jumper and a LATE whistle (correct call, but Cal had the ball already and the official with the better angle didn't blow his whistle) and goes to the line to make both and put Cal up one. Colorado down just one misses a WIDE OPEN 3 to win the game with about 5 seconds remaining.

Do yourselves a favor and don't watch any of these games.

Agreed. I'm done watching and hoping that this or that team loses...because they usually don't!

Have to do it on our own this year. It looks like very little help is coming. Win three straight.

Taking another look at this on ESPN - the situation is not good. Ahead of us Arkansas (beat us head to head), Nebraska (beat us head to head and leads us in conference by a minimum of 2 games) Dayton and Tennessee ( who strengthened their position today). Arkansas did get beat today but I'm starting to wonder if even 3 straight wins will be enough the way all of these bubble teams have won in this past week.

Taking another look at this on ESPN - the situation is not good. Ahead of us Arkansas (beat us head to head), Nebraska (beat us head to head and leads us in conference by a minimum of 2 games) Dayton and Tennessee ( who strengthened their position today). Arkansas did get beat today but I'm starting to wonder if even 3 straight wins will be enough the way all of these bubble teams have won in this past week.

the sky is not falling and winning 3 straight will be more than enough barring numerous teams winning their way in via conf tourney

Three straight. I haven't looked at it that closely today, but it sounds like Penn State, Northwestern and Wisconsin? C'mon. Just get it done.

WOW. Illini just hit a 3 with only 0.3 left on the clock!! holy Crap!!!

Good job Suckeyes. Love seeing McCabe pout as he walks off. He is a giant pile of turd.

Top Bottom