BTN - now I'm pissed off

Reaction score
Dear BTN,

Back in the day, I was one of those people hounding my cable company to pick up the Big Ten Network. I gave them my time frame. They didn't comply. So I switched to DirecTV at both my house and my cabin. (Also strong armed a few others into doing the same.)

Now you pull this Bigtennetwork.com crap? What a bunch of s##t!!

Yes, I realize that if you do the exhibition games online, you might make an extra buck or two. Fine. But a regular season game? This is beyond a Dick-Move. This is an ESPN move.

It might be time to start gathering up the pitchforks.

(And for those of you who are going to claim "just go to the game . . . " I am a season ticket holder and go to almost every game. But my daughter is sick so I'll be staying home tonight.)

+2. What are the 6 alternate channels on DirecTV for if you're only going to use them 3 times a year for football? You're already there producing the game, put it up on one of those channels already. And maybe I could still be convinced to tolerate 2-3 weaker exhibition games online only, but asking me to pay $3 extra to watch an inferior product to the one I already pay much more for is like slapping me in face and saying you're welcome.

+3. I rarely watch TV and prior to BTN, I only had a very limited lineup package bundled with my phone and internet. Since my carrier wasn't offering BTN then and I wanted to watch the Gophers, I broke down and signed a 2 year contract with Directv and now have a hideous dish sitting on the front peak of my house. What the hell am I paying for?

+4.
I thought the whole point of the BTN was to show every game. I remember watching as many B10 games as possible the first year I got it. Some games were live, others delayed, but almost all were shown. Heck, my Hawkeyes are not scheduled to be on the BTN until Nov 28 - not that any of you care, but still.

+5. No matter if it's politics, the economy, sports or whatever: If you want to know why something is happening or not happening, just follow the money. BTN refused comcast's offer of putting them in a pay tier, not so everyone would have a chance to watch Big Ten games, but so BTN could collect the gold.

FOLLOW THE MONEY to the truth.

Other than spreading the word, it doesn't do any good bitching here. Send the Big Ten Network an email.

As best I know, the alternate channels aren't made available for basketball, if I remember correctly.

Other than spreading the word, it doesn't do any good bitching here. Send the Big Ten Network an email. per Mikie S

The whole point of this type of message board is to vent, give your opinion and vent some more. Of course it doesn't do any good to "bitch here" but it's what we do here.

By the way I agree that the BTN is not doing what I understood they were going to do, show all the Big Ten games. The network has no point, in my opinion, if they don't show all or at least most of the Big Ten Basketball Games. JMO

Oh and it wouldn't hurt to send the BTN an e-mail. :)

I'm pretty sure the BTN.com games are just the in-house cameras and the radio broadcast for audio. There is no production, no graphics, just the game. The alternative would be no access to the game at all. Everyone needs to calm the hell down. I don't know what it is about the internet that makes people so upset, but it's ridiculous.

I'm shocked that the opener isn't on some channel, any channel.

Then they show high school games all year and the Wayzata-Eden Prairie game??? Not on TV. What is going on?

Top Bottom