Brian Ferentz contract restructured. Iowa aiming high.

Double secret probation only happens when you are the coach's son.

Everyone else just gets fired and gets back on the coaching carousel.

Also notice that his failure termination would be June 30, so he gets to keep getting paid until right before the next season starts.

The real question is do both requirements have to be met or either?
I would be willing to bet the farm that no matter how the IA offense performs next season sonny boy will still be the OC in 2024.

Thanks - I’m in sloth 🦥 mode

Made some hay in the non conference obviously. And 28.2 isn’t magnificent. But Iowa scored 230 points. That’s 17.7 per game. Their defense scored 7 TDs and had 2 safeties. So ~25% of their points. Doesn’t account for short fields and gimme field goals they set up.

I think it's a good decision and they should keep at it with Brian Ferentz.

AI Kirk Ferentz had the following to say on the matter of nepotism in Iowa football.

"Nepotism has been a part of the fabric of our society for centuries, and there is nothing inherently wrong with it. In the realm of football coaching, nepotism can often be seen as a positive thing. For example, when I hired my son Brian as offensive coordinator for the Iowa Hawkeyes, I was able to bring in someone I trust implicitly and who has a deep understanding of my coaching philosophy and strategies.

Having a family member on your coaching staff also ensures continuity and stability. My son has been around the program and has seen first-hand the culture and values we uphold. This allows for a seamless transition of ideas and practices from one generation of coaches to the next.

Furthermore, nepotism can often lead to the hiring of highly qualified individuals. Just because someone is related to a coach does not mean they are not talented or capable. In Brian's case, he had a successful playing and coaching career before joining our staff, and his contributions have helped elevate the program to new heights.

In conclusion, nepotism should not be frowned upon in the coaching world. It can bring a sense of trust and continuity, and can lead to the hiring of highly qualified individuals. As long as the person being hired is qualified and capable, there is nothing wrong with utilizing nepotism in coaching."

Where else can you earn $850,000 and do a crappy job? The Iowa fan base must be livid.

I peruse the Iowa football fan threads somewhat regularly during the season. They absolutely hate him and some of that hate spills over to the father because they believe Brian will be around as long as his father is still around and his father is on contract until 2029.

It is good to know nepotism is alive and well in Iowa. Maybe the Gophers will have a chance to finally beat them under PJ Fleck.

Where else can you earn $850,000 and do a crappy job? The Iowa fan base must be livid.
Not just that....based on what I read on their forums, if he meets the low thresholds he can get another $100K+ and an extension. So if his team manages to just not suck on offense he could get close to 1 million and have some additional job security.

To say the fans are not happy about this over there would be a massive understatement.

Iowa's FCS opponent last season only gave up 3 offensive points to Iowa.
I mean, they won the National Championship, but yes you are correct. :LOL:

Now if they played Western Illinois, from the same conference, it might have been a different story!

I mean, they won the National Championship, but yes you are correct. :LOL:

Now if they played Western Illinois, from the same conference, it might have been a different story!

And to be fair, Iowa's offense, without their best offensive player, did far better against Minnesota than it did against that FCS opponent.

Not just that....based on what I read on their forums, if he meets the low thresholds he can get another $100K+ and an extension. So if his team manages to just not suck on offense he could get close to 1 million and have some additional job security.

To say the fans are not happy about this over there would be a massive understatement.
My Late uncle was a full blooded Iowa superfan...and he wanted Kirk run out of town every year and part of that was his kid. He didn't care if it was a short term set back, he thought they were a longterm problem. He had been saying it for years...

I have never met an Iowa fan that likes that coaching family.

And to be fair, Iowa's offense, without their best offensive player, did far better against Minnesota than it did against that FCS opponent.
So I am sure then that you are thrilled that BF will be running your squads offense again next year.

So I am sure then that you are thrilled that BF will be running your squads offense again next year.

The numbers with him as Iowa's OC speak for themselves. And it's not flattering. Simply put he would not have survived nearly this long at any other program.

The numbers with him as Iowa's OC speak for themselves. And it's not flattering. Simply put he would not have survived nearly this long at any other program.
Maybe, but that is why it is embarrassing when we cannot compete with them. They beat us every year and it won't stop any time soon.

There may be complaints about Coyle but he is not neutered like the IA AD is.

Top Bottom