Brewster speaks tomorrow?

CWCWCW

Reaction score
Scott Korzenowski will be hosting tomorrow night on ESPN 1500. Supposedly, Tim Brewster will be on at 7:30. To my knowledge, Brewster has been more quiet than past Presidents. I'll tune in and hope he speaks. To my knowledge, I don't believe he's granted any interviews, especially with the local media.
The over/under on "tremendous" is four!

Just curious who would care what Brewster's opinion of Gopher football is?

I would. He was the coach here for 4 years prior and a great portion of the players on this year's roster under a new coach are guy's that he brought in. I'm curious to hear what he thinks about Kill's methods, Gray's development, the USC game, etc. Not to mention that he hasn't granted any interviews to the local media since he was canned.

So far, he's handled the situation with class. I kind of doubt he's going to go in depth on Jerry Kill's methods or tactics.

I think they are saying now he will be on at 7.

Plenty of Gopher fans do. For all practical purposes this is year five of the rebuilding of the Gopher football team after 2003 when Mason quit on his team and started blaming everyone but himself for his failures. For the next two years the Gopher team will consist mainly of Brewster's recruits. I for one think the future is going to be much better than it would have been if Mason hadn't been fired.

I would. He was the coach here for 4 years prior and a great portion of the players on this year's roster under a new coach are guy's that he brought in. I'm curious to hear what he thinks about Kill's methods, Gray's development, the USC game, etc. Not to mention that he hasn't granted any interviews to the local media since he was canned.

I am sure he will be asked a tremendous amount of questions about the program. He had previously complimented Coach Kill and his staff in one of his pre-game pressers prior to our game with NIU in 2008 (the one where Duane punched it in at end of game with about :30 left).

"It's an excellent football team we'll be facing in Northern Illinois. [NIU head coach] Jerry Kill is a guy that had tremendous success at Southern {Illinois] and he brought his whole staff with him to NIU, so that staff has tremendous continuity. I had a chance to look at Northern Illinois when I was coaching in the NFL; NIU had a running back named Brandon Jacobs and I had a chance to go and study their offense and the things that they did. I really think Jerry does a great job coaching; they are very multi-dimensional offensively. They move in and out of personnel grouping and they do a tremendous job of trying to create the mismatch. I really think that the game will be a tremendous challenge for our defense."

I see no reason why Brewster would not comment on Coach Kill favorably albeit 3 years later. Coach Kill hasn't changed (in his methods of teaching the game). He stays true to himself, his players, and the work ethic that has gotten him to this point. Having said that, I would be shocked if he (Brewster) had a different opinion than the one he held 3 years ago.

Well goforbroke: freaking badger joel macturi and prexy b HAD...

a really bad three and a half seasons of running a football operation straight into the ground starting with the 2007 season right up until the instant they had to buy out their extended contract for that brewster clown half way through the 2010 season. Man...did prexy b and badger joel macturi mess up BIG TIME!

That brewster was a failure from day one at the U of M. Tell him not to let the door hit him on his way back out of town.

What broken thinking you have goforbroke.

; 0 )

As a newbie to following the program, if you are under 60 years old, I would think looking forward and supporting Coach Kill is much more positive and fun vs. hearing what the prior coach's take is on the current program. When Favre left the packers, sexted his brat and tried to position himself to beat the Pack I threw him under the bus and never listened to a word he said after. Coach Kill needs faithful support in turning this program around. Brewster should enjoy his $, find a new job and leave town. This is like the x wife commenting on the new girlfriend. No one cares. Frankly, the media outlet should not be doing this either. Kill has enough class to look beyond this, I would be upset.

Most of us think Brewster worked extraordinarily hard, promoted and mended the program's relationship with high school coaches, recruited better than recent Mason classes, and tried very hard to reconnect Minnesotans with Gopher Football. Unfortunately, he was not up to the task of being a Div I head coach.

And yes, I would love to hear his thoughts on his time at Minnesota, his firing and what he thinks of Coach Kill and the team's future.

As a newbie to following the program, if you are under 60 years old, I would think looking forward and supporting Coach Kill is much more positive and fun vs. hearing what the prior coach's take is on the current program. When Favre left the packers, sexted his brat and tried to position himself to beat the Pack I threw him under the bus and never listened to a word he said after. Coach Kill needs faithful support in turning this program around. Brewster should enjoy his $, find a new job and leave town. This is like the x wife commenting on the new girlfriend. No one cares. Frankly, the media outlet should not be doing this either. Kill has enough class to look beyond this, I would be upset.

What?! Seriously? Only the knee jerk emotional un-rational Gopher fans (wren) would have this kind of thinking.

brewster's Big Ten record tells you ALL you need to know about how incompetent he was

6-21. He was 0-9 in Big Ten rivalry games. Any High school Coach worth his salt could see through that brewster clown and KNEW he was not a competent coach. Snake oil was what he tried to sell...and he wasn't any good at that.

But, blame badger joel macturi for bringing that brewster failed experiment to Minnesota.

Whenever I see Wren's ramblings...

I seriously think of this flash movie.

CAUTION: NSFW. If you are offended by incessant swear words with a dash of misspelling.. that flash movie isn't for you. Oh, and you probably want to turn down the sound a bit.. for some reason it's loud.

6-21. He was 0-9 in Big Ten rivalry games. Any High school Coach worth his salt could see through that brewster clown and KNEW he was not a competent coach. Snake oil was what he tried to sell...and he wasn't any good at that.

But, blame badger joel macturi for bringing that brewster failed experiment to Minnesota.

Do you listen to yourself? Did Brewster sleep with your girlfriend or something? Yes, he wasn't very good at coaching, but he poured his heart into the program and for that we owe him a bit of gratitude. You kinda sound like a big jerk, would you ever call someone a "failed experiment" to their face? My parents taught me better than that.

Hard work or hardly working? You sound like a very inexperienced judge of what a head football coach is supposed to do, be and accomplish. A football coach has to accomplish something with his work. "Trying is lying." You either DO...or...you don't. That brewster didn't. He drove the program into a brick wall at a very high rate of speed. He was releaved of his duties in the middle of the season. He lost it. He never had it. He failed...in his first season he was 1-11 overall and 0-8 in Big Ten play. It was ALL OVER by the end of the 2007 season.

"Poured his heart into the program?????????" Are you kidding me???????? I don't think so. Look at the results. He was 6 and stinking 21 in Big Ten games. He didn't win a SINGLE border battle or trophy game. He ows ME for the money I wasted on season tickets during his time at the University of Minnesota. You know, I would gladly call that brewster clown a failed experiment to his face IF I could also be guaranteed a chance to say it to badger joel macturi's face as well. bjm and prexy b forced that brewster clown on us poor, suffering long-time Gopher Football Season Ticket Holders.

I'd say your parents should teach you to look at reality a little more closely. A head coach is hired to coach a football team. He is hired to provide a stable and experienced coaching staff for his players. That brewster clown had 6 coordinators in 3 1/2 seasons. His coaching staff changed so often, the poor players never really got a chance to know who their coaches were. His players and we season ticket holders should have sued that brewster and the admnistration at the U of M for "non-support..."

He changed offenses more frequently than he changed clothes.

You can NOT put lipstick on that failed, fired and bought out brewster mess.

But: I totally blame badger joel macturi for the failed brewball experiment. I never want to hear the sound of brewster's voice or any hype or spin he might put on anything related to Gopher Football. He has done much more than enough damage to the Gopher Football Progam already.

Have a nice day laXgoph...have a very nice day. ; 0 )

Hard work or hardly working? You sound like a very inexperienced judge of what a head football coach is supposed to do, be and accomplish. A football coach has to accomplish something with his work. "Trying is lying." You either DO...or...you don't. That brewster didn't. He drove the program into a brick wall at a very high rate of speed. He was releaved of his duties in the middle of the season. He lost it. He never had it. He failed...in his first season he was 1-11 overall and 0-8 in Big Ten play. It was ALL OVER by the end of the 2007 season.

"Poured his heart into the program?????????" Are you kidding me???????? I don't think so. Look at the results. He was 6 and stinking 21 in Big Ten games. He didn't win a SINGLE border battle or trophy game. He ows ME for the money I wasted on season tickets during his time at the University of Minnesota. You know, I would gladly call that brewster clown a failed experiment to his face IF I could also be guaranteed a chance to say it to badger joel macturi's face as well. bjm and prexy b forced that brewster clown on us poor, suffering long-time Gopher Football Season Ticket Holders.

I'd say your parents should teach you to look at reality a little more closely. A head coach is hired to coach a football team. He is hired to provide a stable and experienced coaching staff for his players. That brewster clown had 6 coordinators in 3 1/2 seasons. His coaching staff changed so often, the poor players never really got a chance to know who their coaches were.

He changed offenses more frequently than he changed clothes.

You can NOT put lipstick on that brewster mess.

But: I totally blame badger joel macturi for the failed brewball experiment. I never want to hear the sound of brewster's voice or any hype or spin he might put on anything related to Gopher Football. He has done much more than enough damage to the Gopher Football Progam already.

Have a nice day laXgoph...have a very nice day. ; 0 )

rCZSV.gif

Attachments

• dumbass.jpg
    dumbass.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 9

After all this time, I finally put wren on my ignore list. The latest vitriolic rant about a former coach was just too much. And by the way, I won't be listening to the interview. I wish Brewster well and thank him for his efforts, but I don't have a lot of interest in hearing what he thinks at this point.

Most of us think Brewster worked extraordinarily hard, promoted and mended the program's relationship with high school coaches, recruited better than recent Mason classes, and tried very hard to reconnect Minnesotans with Gopher Football. Unfortunately, he was not up to the task of being a Div I head coach.

And yes, I would love to hear his thoughts on his time at Minnesota, his firing and what he thinks of Coach Kill and the team's future.

This... Brewster did the best with the skills God gave him, He's not a head coach but he did his best. I will catch the recap as I am very interested in what he has to say.

To my knowledge, I don't believe he's granted any interviews, especially with the local media.

FROM JULY some brief comments with local media from Brewster:

Brewster talked with Phil Miller of the Strib at Big Ten Media Day in Chicago in this article/blog.

Brewster talked to the Student Newspaper at Big Ten Media Day in Chicago in this article.

Is Wayne Rendahl back? The Winona whip with irrational rants. Those were the good old days.;)

Wren.
You are seriously obsessed man. Possibly mentally ill with Brewsteritis.
LET IT GO ALREADY!

Hopefully, Korzo has more insightful questions than that. While I can guess what Brewster will say about where Gopher football is ("Better than it was four years ago"), I hope the interview goes into more depth than those 30 seconds would bring us. "Why do you think it didn't work for you here?" "What made it more difficult to recruit here than you expected?" "What made it difficult to keep assistants at Minnesota?" What more should the athletic department and President Kaler do to support football?" "When did you know it was over for you here?"

There are some things ex coaches are willing to say that they're not willing to say when they are a coach. I would be interested in hearing the answres to all those questions.

After all this time, I finally put wren on my ignore list. The latest vitriolic rant about a former coach was just too much. And by the way, I won't be listening to the interview. I wish Brewster well and thank him for his efforts, but I don't have a lot of interest in hearing what he thinks at this point.

Frankly, I didn't even realize this was possible until you pointed it out. Have put this imbecile on ignore. THANK YOU!!!

Brewster was our Don Morton. now, bring on our Barry Alvarez sans screwing students and creating bad business deals that leave local contractors taking him to court. See Ruths Chris deal.

Plenty of Gopher fans do. For all practical purposes this is year five of the rebuilding of the Gopher football team after 2003 when Mason quit on his team and started blaming everyone but himself for his failures. For the next two years the Gopher team will consist mainly of Brewster's recruits. I for one think the future is going to be much better than it would have been if Mason hadn't been fired.

Holy crap, lightning has struck twice in the same spot!!! For a second time in a relatively short period of time, I firmly believe Go4Broke has 100% hit the nail on the head. Well done, couldn't have said it better myself.

The team has more talent now then when Brewster arrived, I think the lack of continuity and inexperience as a head coach made the outcome inevetiable. How can anyone succeed with a new offensive scheme and coordinator every year. Brewster dug his own grave with these changes but Maturi enabled it by hiring a completely inexperienced coach. I wouldn't put all the blame on Brewster, he probably did the best he could.

I checked with wren and he said.......

The team has more talent now then when Brewster arrived, I think the lack of continuity and inexperience as a head coach made the outcome inevetiable. How can anyone succeed with a new offensive scheme and coordinator every year. Brewster dug his own grave with these changes but Maturi enabled it by hiring a completely inexperienced coach. I wouldn't put all the blame on Brewster, he probably did the best he could.

.....you are right! Brewster was responsible for a 1000% of the blame. It makes him so dam mad that you people just don't get it! He isn't going to take it anymore!

When I logged on tonight, I was shocked to see that there was not a new Tim Brewster thread. He was indeed on 1500 tonight with Scott Korzenowski for about 20 minutes. Brew explained why he went silent after his firing. I appreciated the explanation and actually believe him. He said it was the lowest point in his career and he needed time to process what happened. He expressed sincere well wishes for the team and the kids he recruited.

Brewster was our Don Morton. now, bring on our Barry Alvarez sans screwing students and creating bad business deals that leave local contractors taking him to court. See Ruths Chris deal.

I would also respectfully add shoegate and having offspring that microwave live birds.

Top Bottom