Brewster press conference: Decker out for regular season and other tid-bits

"At QB, they are going to continue to do the things they do, Adam Weber will be the starting QB, MarQueis Gray will get opportunities like he did like against OSU. Weber threw the ball very well early in the game, but the team didn’t do a good job of supporting him. He will continue to be our starter, and will play very well on Saturday night."

UNBELIEVABLE.......

How is that statement in any way not true? Everyone on offense sucked, not just Weber.

I was hoping to see more Hayo or Bryant Allen rather than McKnight. McKnight has the size but I've never seen much of his ability, obviously the coaches see more of them than me though.

How is that statement in any way not true? Everyone on offense sucked, not just Weber.

Because Brewster will criticize the rest of the Offense but when Weber has a horrible game he "Did some good things." He really does have a Man Crush on Weber.......

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.......

Because Brewster will criticize the rest of the Offense but when Weber has a horrible game he "Did some good things." He really does have a Man Crush on Weber.......

You are SMALL and ignorent.

You are SMALL and ignorent.

As someone stated earlier that Brewster has never said anything negative about Weber even in games where he's played horrible but he'll criticize the rest of the Offense in a heartbeat and it's really not fair.......

EXAMPLE: Weber throws 3 ints, fumbles twice & loses one & passes for less then 150 yards.

Brewster: "Weber did some nice things today."

GH POSTER: "Good coaches don't throw their players under the bus."

*BUT*

Weber plays another horrible game and what happens?

Brewster: "The team didn't do a good job of supporting him."

Really? We're gonna act like Weber didn't do anything wrong AGAIN? But we're gonna throw the rest of the Offense under the bus? Not fair...at all........

A big test for Brew as HC...

motivate/prepare a team that has lost its main star for the second consecutive year and prevent a repeat of last year's horrific season-ending meltdown.

May the fb gods of GH shine down upon him!

As someone stated earlier that Brewster has never said anything negative about Weber even in games where he's played horrible but he'll criticize the rest of the Offense in a heartbeat and it's really not fair.......

EXAMPLE: Weber throws 3 ints, fumbles twice & loses one & passes for less then 150 yards.

Brewster: "Weber did some nice things today."

GH POSTER: "Good coaches don't throw their players under the bus."

*BUT*

Weber plays another horrible game and what happens?

Brewster: "The team didn't do a good job of supporting him."

Really? We're gonna act like Weber didn't do anything wrong AGAIN? But we're gonna throw the rest of the Offense under the bus? Not fair...at all........

That was me, again, different than throwing a single player under the bus. You said earlier you wanted him to say that changes need to be made, that the team needs to improve their performance. 5 drops, a ton of sacks/pressure, the tape must tell a different tale than you see.
Quarterbacks get too much credit when things go well, to much blame when they don't, it's a well known fact in football.

That was me, again, different than throwing a single player under the bus. You said earlier you wanted him to say that changes need to be made, that the team needs to improve their performance. 5 drops, a ton of sacks/pressure, the tape must tell a different tale than you see.
Quarterbacks get too much credit when things go well, to much blame when they don't, it's a well known fact in football.

So why not say the entire Offense didn't do a good job instead of separating Weber with the Offense, that's biased and very unfair.......

"At QB, they are going to continue to do the things they do, Adam Weber will be the starting QB, MarQueis Gray will get opportunities like he did like against OSU. Weber threw the ball very well early in the game, I]but the team didn’t do a good job of supporting him He will continue to be our starter, and will play very well on Saturday night."

UNBELIEVABLE.......

read the whole quote and i suggest u will be less upset aka ignorant

read the whole quote and i suggest u will be less upset aka ignorant

So if you were the "Team" how would you feel about this statement? It CLEARLY separates Weber from the rest of the Team, that's what's unfair about it.......

So why not say the entire Offense didn't do a good job instead of separating Weber with the Offense, that's biased and very unfair.......

Probably because the question was asked directly about Weber, who is obviously getting heat individually.
Dude, we get it you want Gray to start, we got it. Really. The coaches are seeing other things on tape and in practice than you see on your Tivo.

Probably because the question was asked directly about Weber, who is obviously getting heat individually.
Dude, we get it you want Gray to start, we got it. Really. The coaches are seeing other things on tape and in practice than you see on your Tivo.

Please Stop It...PLEASE...this whole "Gray Should Start" thing has been done to death and I said Weber should start ever since the Purdue game. He could've easily said the entire Offense was struggling or not clicking or out of sync but instead he says the Offense didn't support Weber and to me that's not fair to the rest of the Offense because support goes both ways.......

Here's the question and answer.

Q. With Michigan State's tough defense, who do you think will matchup better with them, Gray or Weber?

COACH BREWSTER: Who will matchup better with 'em? You know what, I think what we're gonna do is we're gonna continue to the things that we do. Adam Weber is our starting quarterback, and he's gonna obviously play a large role in the game.

MarQueis Gray will get opportunities similar to what he did against Ohio State to come in and help us. Obviously was very pleased with his contribution against Ohio State. Adam Weber threw the ball as well early in the game against Ohio State as he had all season. We just didn't do a good enough job supporting him. We dropped a number of balls a that could've gave us a real lift and a sense of confidence

thail, all of that is true, and it leaves Brewster with a lot of room to play Gray more. You may have wanted him to say "But BOY did Weber suck in the Second Half" but surprisingly enough that didn't happen.:)

Here's the question and answer.

Q. With Michigan State's tough defense, who do you think will matchup better with them, Gray or Weber?

COACH BREWSTER: Who will matchup better with 'em? You know what, I think what we're gonna do is we're gonna continue to the things that we do. Adam Weber is our starting quarterback, and he's gonna obviously play a large role in the game.

MarQueis Gray will get opportunities similar to what he did against Ohio State to come in and help us. Obviously was very pleased with his contribution against Ohio State. Adam Weber threw the ball as well early in the game against Ohio State as he had all season. We just didn't do a good enough job supporting him. We dropped a number of balls a that could've gave us a real lift and a sense of confidence

thail, all of that is true, and it leaves Brewster with a lot of room to play Gray more. You may have wanted him to say "But BOY did Weber suck in the Second Half" but surprisingly enough that didn't happen.:)

I read the whole quote but the fact still remains.......

He could've easily just stated the entire Offense struggled but he states they didn't support Weber enough as if he didn't make any mistakes at all, that's what is unfair to me. How would you feel as a receiver that had some open looks but the ball fell 5 yards short on you several times being told you didn't do a good enough job of supporting Weber? You have to at least see what I'm saying.......

Please Stop It...PLEASE...this whole "Gray Should Start" thing has been done to death and I said Weber should start ever since the Purdue game. He could've easily said the entire Offense was struggling or not clicking or out of sync but instead he says the Offense didn't support Weber and to me that's not fair to the rest of the Offense because support goes both ways.......

Ok I'll stop.
As far as the quote goes though.
I think though if the question is directed AT Weber, about Weber's individual performance, it would be kind of deflecting the question to simply say the entire offense had trouble. Maybe that would be ok, but it wouldn't be answering the question. Say the question was " Why did Whaley not break 100 yds this week, describe what's going on with him?" Would you prefer a response of "the whole offense struggled to run the ball" or would you want him to talk about Whaley as the question was asked?
I dunno maybe he should just never mention individual players in his press conference ever either in a positive or negative light.

Ok I'll stop.
As far as the quote goes though.
I think though if the question is directed AT Weber, about Weber's individual performance, it would be kind of deflecting the question to simply say the entire offense had trouble. Maybe that would be ok, but it wouldn't be answering the question. Say the question was " Why did Whaley not break 100 yds this week, describe what's going on with him?" Would you prefer a response of "the whole offense struggled to run the ball" or would you want him to talk about Whaley as the question was asked?
I dunno maybe he should just never mention individual players in his press conference ever either in a positive or negative light.

Why not something along the lines of "Weber made some good throws and also missed some opportunities." That's balanced but to say Weber did some good things early but the Offense didn't do a good job of supporting him is very biased........

It should be noted, that these are notes from the press conference, not every single word Brewster said, hence, there are no quotes. I just typed as fast as I could during it, so we could get the info up ASAP. I know he did say more about this Weber situation, and it didn't come accross like he was thowing the offense under the bus, but I missed a few words here and there. He was really just trying to defend Weber, and basically say everyone can do a better job.

Back to Decker's injury - I actually think he may have what I do. I sprained my ankle on Selection Sunday, and my doctor thought it was just a sprain. 7 months later, I'm still in pain and injured, and the MRI showed that it is a tendon that is pulled that wraps under my arch. He said it's not torn yet, and just had some insoles made for me to take the pressure off, but if it does tear, I'll need surgery. It sounded like that was what was going on with Decker's foot...but I'm no expert.

So we shouldn't be asking you to run any hitch and gos then? :)

Why not something along the lines of "Weber made some good throws and missed some potential receivers." That's balanced but to say Weber did some good things early but the Offense didn't do a good job of supporting him is very biased........

Ok fair enough

People really need to start ignoring thail. He's obviously here just to bitch and get attention. He ruins every thread and people let him by constantly responding to him. I have a growing ignore list of about 15 people and it makes this board more pleasant to be on.

It's still littered with lots of pointless threads and bickering back and forth. Unfortunately, in the absence of basically any standards to post, that's about as good as it gets.

Back to Decker's injury - I actually think he may have what I do. I sprained my ankle on Selection Sunday, and my doctor thought it was just a sprain. 7 months later, I'm still in pain and injured, and the MRI showed that it is a tendon that is pulled that wraps under my arch. He said it's not torn yet, and just had some insoles made for me to take the pressure off, but if it does tear, I'll need surgery.
I really hope this doesn't hurt your draft stock Nadine.

People really need to start ignoring thail. He's obviously here just to bitch and get attention. He ruins every thread and people let him by constantly responding to him. I have a growing ignore list of about 15 people and it makes this board more pleasant to be on.

It's still littered with lots of pointless threads and bickering back and forth. Unfortunately, in the absence of basically any standards to post, that's about as good as it gets.

Stop It

I read the whole quote but the fact still remains.......

He could've easily just stated the entire Offense struggled but he states they didn't support Weber enough as if he didn't make any mistakes at all, that's what is unfair to me. How would you feel as a receiver that had some open looks but the ball fell 5 yards short on you several times being told you didn't do a good enough job of supporting Weber? You have to at least see what I'm saying.......

Sort of, though in the first half Weber would have been something on the order of 12 for 15 if they catch the drops and it probably does effect the score if not the outcome of the game. The receivers seem to be a mature lot. I don't think that offended them. I was surprised they didn't go to Gray when everything seemed to be falling apart. I will admit that I found it odd that after Weber completed two passes and seem to have found a rhythm in came Gray. No matter.

I do think your right about Weber needing to be replaced (unless he catches fire in the game) on Saturday night. I would venture to guess that the plan is already in place to stay with "the hot hand" Saturday night, no pun intended.;)

If this IS the plan I don't see where disparaging Weber in public does anybody any good.

I really hope this doesn't hurt your draft stock Nadine.

Me too! If there are any teams looking for a girl that can't run but can still do the elliptical, swim, and rollerblade, I'm good to go ;)

Top Bottom