Brewster on the Sports Huddle

DL65

Reaction score
Some of his comments:

All of his coaching staff will return for the 2010 season.

Favors an early signing period and a playoff for the football champion in Division I.
His early signing period would be in late May or early June and the second signing period would be in February. Too many players switch their commitments.

Spoke highly of Hageman: presently 6-6, 290 pounds.

The tougher schedule enhances their recruiting efforts (recruits responding favorably to the improved schedule), especially next year's home schedule with the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa and USC. Nine of the 12 opponents in 2010 were in bowls this year.

Said Moses Alipate will be in the mix for quarterback next season. He's presently 6-4 and 240 plus. Has a strong arm.

Couldn't mention names, but naturally was excited with the current recruiting class.

Was also excited about this year's redshirts and mentioned the offensive lineman that are redshirts.

Those were of some of the highlights or comments.

Go Gophers!!

6'6", 290:eek:

what a beast, if he still has that quick step he is going to be impossible to block, he is going to be as big as most OTs!

future AA right there.

Spoke highly of Hageman: presently 6-6, 290 pounds.

Good summation DL. What was interesting to me was the exchange leading up to the Hageman comments. TB stated that he thought Suh at Nebraska was the best player he saw all season in college football. Sid made some slurring comment about Brewster not having that type of player. Brewster cut him off a bit and stated that Hageman is that type of talent and that they've challenged him to be that type of player, and he has no doubt he'll be that type of player.

I'm tremendously excited !

Good summation DL. What was interesting to me was the exchange leading up to the Hageman comments. TB stated that he thought Suh at Nebraska was the best player he saw all season in college football. Sid made some slurring comment about Brewster not having that type of player. Brewster cut him off a bit and stated that Hageman is that type of talent and that they've challenged him to be that type of player, and he has no doubt he'll be that type of player.

I'm tremendously excited !

So is 'Shede going to be a defensive tackle?

I loved the excitement for Hageman and how they are challenging him to be an impact player. He has the size and strength to do so and we are so lacking for a consistent impact player at that position.

Go Gophers!!

Well, if I were Mr. Henderson, I'd sign myself up to play for the U immediately. It's obvious that Hageman sees the role of King of Minnesota for life is up for grabs and intends to take it.

He could be a force in there. When did they move Haggeman from TE to DL?

Hey Gopher-no-nuts or gopherguts, whatever you call yourself. Take a hike. Brew has backed up plenty of what he has said. We are recruiting better, the schedule is better. Didn't notice any penalties in the bowl game, many things are coming together. GO BREW.

Other highlights: Brewster said "Our team has improved each year." ... if you count being one of the seven worst FBS offenses (120 teams total) as improvement, so be it.
And on Hageman, he said he could have a Suh-like impact ... that would make him a Heisman candidate ... I say let's wait and see him take a snap at DE first. He is a heck of an athlete, but we've never seen him take a college snap at DE ... why not just say that he looks the part in practice, but gameday performance is a mystery.

Hey Doogie

That was most definitely a hi-lite for you. You media members are all alike. Anytime you can possibly see where you can take a comment and spin some negativity out of it you do!!
Congrats!! You're keeping your negative writing skill sharp!!

Why does he even waste his time going on radio for half an hour

The geniusses will pick apart every single comment.

Why even bother doing on air radio brewster......I mean seriously?

Other highlights: Brewster said "Our team has improved each year." ... if you count being one of the seven worst FBS offenses (120 teams total) as improvement, so be it.
And on Hageman, he said he could have a Suh-like impact ... that would make him a Heisman candidate ... I say let's wait and see him take a snap at DE first. He is a heck of an athlete, but we've never seen him take a college snap at DE ... why not just say that he looks the part in practice, but gameday performance is a mystery.
He didn't say "our offense has improved each year". It's a team game. You know that. The offense was horrible. We get that. Special teams and defense were better than last year.

He said we have improved every year? What could he have meant by that?

He said we have improved every year? What could he have meant by that?

How much did we lose to Iowa in 2008? and 2009?

How much did we get beat in the Insight bowl in 2008? in 2009?

Doogie........

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously as a reporter! I take back my compliment I made about one of your earlier posts. That was a lame comment and clearly shows your anti-brewster slant. Please just go away.

Doogie, the team HAS improved each year since that 1-11 debacle. The overall improvement this year wasn't as great as last, but it was still there. Had we any offense this year, we would have won 3 more games (IL, WI and IA).

Our on field performance backs this up too because we played a much tougher schedule and finished with only one less win. We played Iowa much better, and didn't have an end of season tanking. Sagarrin also backs this up with ranking improvements over the last 3 years from 123 to 75 to 64.

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously as a reporter! I take back my compliment I made about one of your earlier posts. That was a lame comment and clearly shows your anti-brewster slant. Please just go away.

+100

Sorry doogie, but I've got to agree with alchemy2u.

Thanks amateur

I am a realist and can't buy into the improvement take. Going 39 straight off. possessions w/o a TD and finishing the year with no off. TDs in 20 of 28 quarters doesn't equal improvement to me. He should've said we made strides in two of the three areas. Would've been simple enough ... and on defense, we could debate. Roof got those guys, whether lucky or not, to force turnovers.

I thought defense was better and so was special teams. Offense was a train wreck for most of the year....that is a fact! Perhaps worst Gopher offense I have ever watched in my life.

I am a realist and can't buy into the improvement take. Going 39 straight off. possessions w/o a TD and finishing the year with no off. TDs in 20 of 28 quarters doesn't equal improvement to me. He should've said we made strides in two of the three areas. Would've been simple enough ... and on defense, we could debate. Roof got those guys, whether lucky or not, to force turnovers.

Doogie, he made it simple enough by saying the team (as in total team) showed improvement. You made it complicated by focusing on one part of the team. Brewster was right in his statement, even if the improvement this year wasn't as good as last year.

If Hageman could've helped us win a single more game this year he would've been on the field. Let's keep some perspective here.

I hate moral victories

When are people on this board going to look at production with wins and losses. The fact of the matter is if Brew wins more games all the negativity goes away. Plain and simple. Yeah we all know recruiting is better, the Defense is certainly better than when he took over. Offense has certainly gotten worse. Special teams to me are average. Now I am not being nieve, things in each "compartment" of football if you will need to individualy progress in order to achieve the team we all want. I think that is happening, but just at a slower pace than most would like. As for the schedule. It is a tougher schedule which I believe is a good thing. However this is now Brews schedule these are the teams he has gotten scheduled and has made a certain level of expectation. In the end his job will not be evaluated on recruiting, offense, defense, or promises to a rose bowl and Big Ten championships it will be on wins and loses. Lets all take a collective deep breath and see where we sit in 1 to 2 years. Then we can look at the W & L's.

Next year lets not only have ticket sellouts, but put a butt in every seat.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom