Brewster on Sid

IronRanger91

Reaction score
Heard Tim Brewster on Sid yesterday. I could not stand him as our head coach but he was a complete class act yesterday. Had nothing but good things to say about the Gophers and Coach Kill. He thanked them for the opportunity to be a head coach and raved about the Twin Cities and the Gopher fans. He said he expects Jerry Kill and Company to win a Big Ten title in the future. Admitted to making many mistakes as a head coach specifically when it came to staff turnover. Very gracious. I have a new found respect for him.

Heck of a guy, just didn't work out as our coach. Nobody can say he didn't give it his all though. Wish him the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I'll never bash Brewster the person. He's a class act, and he went out of his way for sick kids.

It was a tremendous interview, I thought. :cool:

Met Brewster once, could not have been nicer to me and my kid.
I'm happy for the success he is having now.

Met Brewster once, could not have been nicer to me and my kid.
I'm happy for the success he is having now.

makes you wonder why kfan afternoon show mocks brewster every single day. tho, passionate people make easy targets. we all learned this in 2nd grade.

makes you wonder why kfan afternoon show mocks brewster every single day.

My guess is because he's the easiest target they can think of and it gets a response from their audience. If they could find an easier foil, they'd latch on to him/her.

makes you wonder why kfan afternoon show mocks brewster every single day. tho, passionate people make easy targets. we all learned this in 2nd grade.

My guess is because he's the easiest target they can think of and it gets a response from their audience. If they could find an easier foil, they'd latch on to him/her.

The same reason he's constantly mocked here. It's easy and mindless.

Was there a reason he was on with Sid? Seems like an odd guest to have on.

Was there a reason he was on with Sid? Seems like an odd guest to have on.

He was a member of the staff that just won the National Championship and he has a tie to Minnesota based on having been the coach here. I would assume that is why they had him on.

Brew gets vilified for how things went here but if he does get another opportunity to be a head coach down the line I think things will go much better for him. Tough to learn on the job at the BCS level but his experience here and the mistakes he made will make him a better coach down the line.

He was a member of the staff that just won the National Championship and he has a tie to Minnesota based on having been the coach here. I would assume that is why they had him on.

Brew gets vilified for how things went here but if he does get another opportunity to be a head coach down the line I think things will go much better for him. Tough to learn on the job at the BCS level but his experience here and the mistakes he made will make him a better coach down the line.

Coach Brewster's name is on the wall at TCF for donating to the stadium. I have always thought that is cool.

Coach Brewster's name is on the wall at TCF for donating to the stadium. I have always thought that is cool.

Considering his $600,000 buyout maybe TCF stadium's name should be on the wall at his house.

ba-dum-ch!!

Well said.

Brewster is a public persona, so his record here is legitimate fodder for criticism, but I just get tired of the petty nature of the comments leveled against him.

He didn't do well here, for various reasons. That said, early in his tenure before the incessant staff turnover, the recruiting was up and, in year 2, big things were happening and the program was looking up. Then Decker went down with a significant injury during a tough home loss to NW, and there was no answer thereafter. That a lot of his big recruits such as Sam Maresh were not successes and some like Gray didn't pan out as planned was, IMO, more bad luck than Brewster's fault. I think the fanbase largely treats Brewster badly, and I'm not convinced the fanbase treats him, necessarily, fairly, even though the program wasn't in good shape by the time he left.

He didn't do well here, for various reasons. That said, early in his tenure before the incessant staff turnover, the recruiting was up and, in year 2, big things were happening and the program was looking up. Then Decker went down with a significant injury during a tough home loss to NW, and there was no answer thereafter. That a lot of his big recruits such as Sam Maresh were not successes and some like Gray didn't pan out as planned was, IMO, more bad luck than Brewster's fault. I think the fanbase largely treats Brewster badly, and I'm not convinced the fanbase treats him, necessarily, fairly, even though the program wasn't in good shape by the time he left.

He was exactly what his Big Ten Record says he was. You can sugar coat things all you want...but...he was EXACTLY what his Big Ten wins vs. Big Ten losses says he was. Put all the lipstick on the pig you want, but his record is what his record IS. His mark has been left on my Golden Gopher Football Program. Nothing will change that. "brewball" speak can never produce more Big Ten wins or less Big Ten losses for that coach that some of you apologize for. And, the truth of his Big Ten Record will be in the record book for pretty much as long as someone archives the University of Minnesota Football Record Book. His Big Ten record defines his period of time at the University of Minnesota. It is all that remains of the brewball era. It is what it is. It was what it was. His contract was bought out mid-season and the brewball era closed forever.

He was exactly what his Big Ten Record says he was. You can sugar coat things all you want...but...he was EXACTLY what his Big Ten wins vs. Big Ten losses says he was. Put all the lipstick on the pig you want, but his record is what his record IS. His mark has been left on my Golden Gopher Football Program. Nothing will change that. "brewball" speak can ever produce more Big Ten wins or less Big Ten losses for that coach that some of you apologize for. And, the truth of his Big Ten Record will be in the record book for pretty much as long as someone archives the University of Minnesota Football Record Book. His Big Ten record defines his period of time at the University of Minnesota. It is all that remains of the brewball era. It is what it is. It was what it was. His contract was bought out mid-season and the brewball era closed forever.

You have become a bad caricature of yourself.
I can't tell if it's you or someone making fun of you.
Sad, really.

He was exactly what his Big Ten Record says he was. You can sugar coat things all you want...but...he was EXACTLY what his Big Ten wins vs. Big Ten losses says he was. Put all the lipstick on the pig you want, but his record is what his record IS. His mark has been left on my Golden Gopher Football Program. Nothing will change that. "brewball" speak can never produce more Big Ten wins or less Big Ten losses for that coach that some of you apologize for. And, the truth of his Big Ten Record will be in the record book for pretty much as long as someone archives the University of Minnesota Football Record Book. His Big Ten record defines his period of time at the University of Minnesota. It is all that remains of the brewball era. It is what it is. It was what it was. His contract was bought out mid-season and the brewball era closed forever.

Doesn't mean we can't respect him as a person.

You have become a bad caricature of yourself.
I can't tell if it's you or someone making fun of you.
Sad, really.

If you say so, northpoint drinker.

That Brewster Era is defined by what the record book tells us.

He was 6-21 in Big Ten play.

Then they bought him out and fired him mid-season.

Would you dispute that?

Sad, really...really very sad.

And, Coach Kill has told us what horrible condition the Golden Gopher Football Program was in when he accepted the job.

He said he expects Jerry Kill and Company to win a Big Ten title in the future.

...he says while stroking a patch of Pasadena turf.

I know, I know. Low hanging fruit. I get that this thread is above that. But damn it, my comedic repertoire is built on stupid, easy jokes.

Doesn't mean we can't respect him as a person.

It also doesn't mean that I can't be completely honest in using his Big Ten Record to compare his record at the U of M against the record of EVERY OTHER Football Coach who has coached at the U of M. He had his chance and he blew it.

Same with Saint Mason right wren?

It also doesn't mean that I can't be completely honest in using his Big Ten Record to compare his record at the U of M against the record of EVERY OTHER Football Coach who has coached at the U of M. He had his chance and he blew it.

You really have an unhealthy hatred for the guy, it's ***********esque.

Seriously though, has anyone brought up Tim Brewster's record in the Big Ten? Maybe that should be talked about... My god, how many times can you say the same thing?

Some thoughts using Big ten records:
Until Kill plays the games, let's throw out Brewster's three losses in 2010.

Kill is then 8-16 and Brewster 6-18. Better but not dramatically so.

If you only compare years 2 and 3, Kill is 6-10 and Brewster is 6-10.

If you only compare best years, Kill's 4-4 is one game better than Brewster's 3-5.

I am happy with Kill and the direction he is going but so far the results haven't been dramatically different than Brewster. Hopefully year 4 is where the separation begins.

Top Bottom