Brewster Back in Coaching?

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Article says he has been offered jobs my Rich Rod and Urban Meyer.

Link

Couldn't be. He's absolutely horrible in every single aspect of football (and life, really). He should probably just commit hari-kari for how he destroyed the legendary Minnesota football program.

Maybe it's a recruiting coordinator? Or tight ends coach? Or maybe this is just a big lie....that makes more sense.

I'd take him as a recruiting coordinator, but he would not be allowed anywhere near coaches meetings.

I still think he's a good guy and possibly even a good coach given time, but it was just the time for him to go when he got fired. He had dug himself into too big of a hole to climb out of.

Or maybe this is just a big lie....that makes more sense.

That's a pretty strong charge. On what basis are you saying that Kirk Bohls is lying? Or are you saying that Tim Brewster is feeding him the information and that he's the one lying? I'd say what makes more sense is that you have all these behind-the-scenes stories of Tim Brewster beating women and eating children (which, of course, you can't share with us) that color your opinion of him and make him the devil incarnate in your eyes.

Interesting. In retrospect, most of his losses were close and he probably would have had a .500 or better season (he admits this) his first year if he hadn't made such a radical change in offenses. His conference record was bad and then there were all the personnel changes. I think we don't really know how well he'd do in another program, as assistant or HC.

That's a pretty strong charge. On what basis are you saying that Kirk Bohls is lying? Or are you saying that Tim Brewster is feeding him the information and that he's the one lying? I'd say what makes more sense is that you have all these behind-the-scenes stories of Tim Brewster beating women and eating children (which, of course, you can't share with us) that color your opinion of him and make him the devil incarnate in your eyes.

Wow. Overreact much? Could be a huge rumor - like Tubby to Oregon, UVA, and whatever other school has an opening. Happens all the time. Perhaps you don't follow the coaching rumors much?

Wow. Overreact much? Could be a huge rumor - like Tubby to Oregon, UVA, and whatever other school has an opening. Happens all the time. Perhaps you don't follow the coaching rumors much?

Tim Brewster taking what is likely a TE/recruiting job at a school (which no one besides his family and the school and its fans would even care or know about) is slightly different than a HOF basketball coach moving between multi-million dollar jobs, don't you think?

And as for "overreacting", are you saying that you don't hate Tim Brewster? The very thought of him or mention of his name doesn't make your skin crawl?

This is getting real. It is getting raw. It seems to be one of those times when it is real raw.

Tim Brewster taking what is likely a TE/recruiting job at a school (which no one besides his family and the school and its fans would even care or know about) is slightly different than a HOF basketball coach moving between multi-million dollar jobs, don't you think?

And as for "overreacting", are you saying that you don't hate Tim Brewster? The very thought of him or mention of his name doesn't make your skin crawl?

Everyone knows that Gopher Lady has long had an axe to grind against Joel Maturi because he didn't agree with whatever proposal that she and her cohorts wanted to make happen at the U. Her hatred of Brewster was just one more way to go after Maturi who was her real target. Let's not ever confuse Gopher Lady with a real sports journalist or someone who actually knows something about sports.

best wishes to him...no animosity...calm down everyone and take a deep breath...breeeaaaaaattthhhh...

dpodoll68- chill out. You get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

I know GopherLady is perfectly capable of defending herself here, but I feel compelled to come to her defense. There are very few people who bleed maroon and gold like her and she has been an invaluable resource on Gopher sports-related topics on this site. While there are many worthy targets to go after on GopherHole, GopherLady certainly isn't one of them.

dpodoll68- chill out. You get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

In his defense, GL using the word "lie" was a little biased...cynical...has issues...you get the idea...

oh welll...time for some more coffee...:)

In his defense, GL using the word "lie" was a little biased...cynical...has issues...you get the idea...

oh welll...time for some more coffee...:)
He's freaking out on the bball board too.

By all accounts he was a good position coach. So if they hire him as a TE coach or something along those lines it makes sense. But it does smell a little fishy that two high profile hirings so far are both after him. Guys that I don't believe he has a direct connection to (be different if they worked together at TX or something). I have no way of knowing unless he's hired, but color me skeptical...

Maybe Fox is offering a bounty to hire him so they don't have to buy out his announcing contract.

For the people going after GL, please describe how you are more qualified as a journalist before you criticise her journalistic skills. As a poster on a topic she is entitled to an opinion just like everyone else. She did not write it as an article or say it is for sure a lie. She offered her opinion. That's all.

Maybe they like their chili HOT!

By all accounts he was a good position coach. So if they hire him as a TE coach or something along those lines it makes sense. But it does smell a little fishy that two high profile hirings so far are both after him. Guys that I don't believe he has a direct connection to (be different if they worked together at TX or something). I have no way of knowing unless he's hired, but color me skeptical...

Maybe Fox is offering a bounty to hire him so they don't have to buy out his announcing contract.

His resume for a position coach is actually pretty decent...TX, working with Shanahan in Denver, some HC experience albeit not a good turn it is still experienced. Respected recruiter...

Maybe it's just a part of Urban's "renewal" program at the Ohio State University! Perhaps he could find room on his staff for the man who invented "brewball..." And, just maybe, he will be able to find room somewhere on his staff for the one person in the world who believed in the brewster clown MORE than anyone else: our own badger joel macturi. Certainly, by the time we are done debussing and ditching b(s)jm, he will be seeking some sort of "renewal..."...if not of his contract, at least of his wisconsin drivers license. Maybe it would be better for little joel to just relocate to Ohio...he could still use all his badger red wardrobe items in Columbus...

I really do hope that the brewball creators join Urban's "renewal" effort in C-ville!

; 0 )

He's freaking out on the bball board too.

I'm just so freaking sick of all the cynicism surrounding both the football and basketball programs. What kind of "fans" are these? Not the kind I want to be associated with, certainly. Tim Brewster defined the Peter Principle as a BCS head coach, but he is certainly more than competent in some aspects of the job, and he gave his heart and soul to this team for just under four years. For that, his reward is to be hung in virtual effigy day after day after day. By any measure, Jim Wacker was far worse as Gophers coach than Tim Brewster. Why doesn't he get mercilessly destroyed on these boards on a daily basis? In reality, Brewster's biggest crime for many was to dare to be St. Glen's successor.

And as for the basketball...well, anyone who doesn't expect a diminished season with the loss of, by far, our best player is simply deluding themselves and/or trying to hold Tubby accountable for things outside of his control. Hmm...given the state of our fanbase, I wonder which one it could be? Again, near-constant cynicism. I've had alls I can stand, and I can't stands no more.

Maybe it's just a part of Urban's "renewal" program at the Ohio State University! Perhaps he could find room on his staff for the man who invented "brewball..." And, just maybe, he will be able to find room somewhere on his staff for the one person in the world who believed in the brewster clown MORE than anyone else: our own badger joel macturi. Certainly, by the time we are done debussing and ditching b(s)jm, he will be seeking some sort of "renewal..."...if not of his contract, at least of his wisconsin drivers license. Maybe it would be better for little joel to just relocate to Ohio...he could still use all his badger red wardrobe items in Columbus...

I really do hope that the brewball creators join Urban's "renewal" effort in C-ville!

; 0 )

This is how i picture wren
37.jpg

I'm just so freaking sick of all the cynicism surrounding both the football and basketball programs. What kind of "fans" are these? Not the kind I want to be associated with, certainly. Tim Brewster defined the Peter Principle as a BCS head coach, but he is certainly more than competent in some aspects of the job, and he gave his heart and soul to this team for just under four years. For that, his reward is to be hung in virtual effigy day after day after day. By any measure, Jim Wacker was far worse as Gophers coach than Tim Brewster. Why doesn't he get mercilessly destroyed on these boards? In reality, Brewster's biggest crime for many was to dare to be St. Glen's successor.

And as for the basketball...well, anyone who doesn't expect a diminished season with the loss of, by far, our best player is simply deluding themselves and/or trying to hold Tubby accountable for things outside of his control. Hmm...given the state of our fanbase, I wonder which one it could be? Again, near-constant cynicism. I've had alls I can stand, and I can't stands no more.
Ignore it or stop posting. Simple solutions both. Or start your own site?

I'm just so freaking sick of all the cynicism surrounding both the football and basketball programs. What kind of "fans" are these? Not the kind I want to be associated with, certainly. Tim Brewster defined the Peter Principle as a BCS head coach, but he is certainly more than competent in some aspects of the job, and he gave his heart and soul to this team for just under four years. For that, his reward is to be hung in virtual effigy day after day after day. By any measure, Jim Wacker was far worse as Gophers coach than Tim Brewster. Why doesn't he get mercilessly destroyed on these boards? In reality, Brewster's biggest crime for many was to dare to be St. Glen's successor.

fair enough...I took an extended breather from this board for basically the same reasons...can't fault that...

zambam: it seems to me that dopodoll was the person who referenced that brewster clown eating children and beating women...I'd say you have things pretty screwed up in that little zambammer of yours.

And as for basketball: it seems that Monson having to pay for the sins of haskins crimes with loss of scholarships and limited recruiting visits, etc would more than equal the loss of a star player for one season.

Injuries are always sad and tragic...and so is an NCAA "near death" penalty as a result of the previous coache's NCAA violations.

Now, get your head on straight zambam...

; 0 )

zambam: it seems to me that dopodoll was the person who referenced that brewster clown eating children and beating women...I'd say you have things pretty screwed up in that little zambammer of yours.

And as for basketball: it seems that Monson having to pay for the sins of haskins crimes with loss of scholarships and limited recruiting visits, etc would more than equal the loss of a star player for one season.

Injuries are always sad and tragic...and so is an NCAA "near death" penalty as a result of the previous coache's NCAA violations.

Now, get your head on straight zambam...

; 0 )
You're unwilling to admit that whenever someone mentions Brewster or Maturi you go on a nonsensical tirade that in the end says absolutely nothing? BTW, I never said anything refuting dpodoll about the loss of Mbakwe being big or anything and I never mentioned Monson. When Monson was coach I was a child just happy to be watching basketball, I didn't even know who Clem Haskins was because in 1997 I was 4.

I understand this is a Texas blogger, but does anyone find it curious that the article starts out "Former Texas assistant football coach Tim Brewster" instead of including HC at UMN in the opening paragraph? Not until the 3rd paragraph does it state "Brewster...... served as the head coach for the Minnesota Gophers for three-plus seasons"

Perhaps this writer also regrets the BrewBall stint as much as we do now?

Top Bottom