Brewster At Media Day

Was kind of a shock to watch that ogre of a bumbling idiot, Bielema, followed by such a sharp, reasonable, well-put-together guy like Fitzgerald. I hope Fitz stays around NU for years and years, even though it might hurt the Gophers' chances each year.

Bielema is well-known for being a complete [insert vulgarity here].

Has Brewster spoken yet? Tressel said he was the 11th guy up, but I don't see a video of Brewster on the site yet.

Has Brewster spoken yet? Tressel said he was the 11th guy up, but I don't see a video of Brewster on the site yet.

Yes, and he said a few things that made me want to bounce my head off my desk.

I saw Brewster on TV. Personally I don't think it was worth bouncing your head off your desk. What was he going to say? Lets face it, we had a tough year in 2009. He did talk about the quality of the schedule this year we have. Did mention that Texas backed out and felt that the details could have been worked out to play the game. Talked about the fact that recruiting has gone well this year and it has. Made a point stating that he wanted to keep the rival going between us, Iowa and Wisconsin. Joe Paterno was also mentioned in that Brewster had much respect for him (Brewster followed him).

Personally I think these Media days are kind of a waste of time and alot of smoke blowing around. Everyone is kind of dancing around. What did you want him to say?

I liked how his tune was a little less "excited" although some of that was there, of course.

He focused more on the "we need to improve" theme. An indication that he is far from satisfied. That's a more productive attitude.

Of course, yes, it is a lot of blowing smoke, but I didn't mind it as much as i usually do from him.

Sorry...forgot about the student section. Basically he responded to the inaudible (to me anyway) question of the student section by stating that they needed to continue to examine what could be done to get more students there. To me that was a poor question and was probably asked by someone who doesn't care for Minnesota. You could ask Northwestern or whatever school and ask why they don't fill up as well. Not a shot at Northwestern as they are making improvements as well. Only used them as an example as they don't fill out either. Personally I believe it is "bandwagen" problem we have right now.

I strongly agree with the previous post that Brewster's tone was more low key and yes we do have some work to do.

I was impressed with Brewster's intensity. Brew came off as a guy who is hungry, and he repeatedly made it clear that the Gophers need to improve, and that any guy who fails to improve is in danger of losing his spot.

This isn't the same rah rah type stuff Brewster has been known for in the past. He was sober and focused. I like it and if the team has the same attitude it's gonna be a great year.

The actual question the guy asked Brew wasn't about student attendence, the guy asked Brews thoughts on TCF Bank not selling out this year.
Brew responded by saying that from talking to Bruninks and Maturi that the season is sold out, but that they needed to do a better job of getting the students to the games.

I want to know who asked him that question. It better not have been anyone covering Minnesota sports. And if it was an out of town reporter why he didn't ask the same question to Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, and Michigan State who actually don't have their seasons sold out.

If it was a Minnesota reporter, we better not be reading any stories about attendence to TCF Bank. It is selling just fine. In comparison the Vikings have yet to sellout A GAME this year.

Brewster

I honestly can't get enough of this guy. He is the 2nd most entertaining coach behind Paterno. But his antics are getting a little old. I can completely understand why he had all these over the top statements in year one, he was trying to create some buzz and excitement with the program.

But all he's done in 4 years is get his tail whipped bye Iowa and Wisconsin with no end in sight in 2010. Now he's talking about this great schedule? When the score is 52 - 3 in favor of USC how will that schedule feel then?

Then he says today that TCF Bank Stadium is the best stadium in the B10 -- was that a joke? Because I was curled up on the floor laughing.

I congratulate the "U" for finally stepping up and getting a on campus facility, it only took 30 years. And I'm on record as stating that it will help the "U" down the road and it's certainly nice. But it isn't even close to the best stadium in the B10. OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa are heads and shoulders better.

I hope this guy coaches at Minnesota another 10 years because he certainly is entertaining. Delusional, but entertaining.

I honestly can't get enough of this guy. He is the 2nd most entertaining coach behind Paterno. But his antics are getting a little old. I can completely understand why he had all these over the top statements in year one, he was trying to create some buzz and excitement with the program.

But all he's done in 4 years is get his tail whipped bye Iowa and Wisconsin with no end in sight in 2010. Now he's talking about this great schedule? When the score is 52 - 3 in favor of USC how will that schedule feel then?

Then he says today that TCF Bank Stadium is the best stadium in the B10 -- was that a joke? Because I was curled up on the floor laughing.

I congratulate the "U" for finally stepping up and getting a on campus facility, it only took 30 years. And I'm on record as stating that it will help the "U" down the road and it's certainly nice. But it isn't even close to the best stadium in the B10. OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa are heads and shoulders better.

I hope this guy coaches at Minnesota another 10 years because he certainly is entertaining. Delusional, but entertaining.

What a wonderful, well thought out and articulate 1st ever post on Gopher Hole. Now please take this parting gift, a nice slice of F-off, and head back to your own board.

No one had any questions for Brewster. No one seems to care about the U. I hope we shove that down their throats this year.

How so?

What, exactly, makes the Horseshoe, the Big House, Beaver Stadium, Camp Randall and Kinnick "heads and shoulders" better than TCF? I can understand that each of those facilities are steeped in tradition. What separates these venues besides a half century of tradition?

But all he's done in 4 years is get his tail whipped bye Iowa and Wisconsin with no end in sight in 2010.

It's "by", not "bye".

Also, adding d-o-double-g to your first initial hasn't been cool for at least a decade. Even if you're trying to be ironic.

Are from Iowa or something?

Camp Randall stadium only has about 20 years of rich history, the rest of its history is about as rich as minnesota's post 1960s.

Been to all of the stadiums you've mentioned. They are all roach hotels compared to TCF. The on the field product may be better, but the stadiums themselves are bad at best compared to TCF.

You must be from iowa because it's the only place I've been where there are freaks walking around with more than one head. Most people have two shoulders and one head but you wouldn't think it's true around here.

P.S. Kinnick Stadium is not a nicer stadium than TCF. They may have a better atmosphere at their games right now but that doesn't make it better.

It is all in how you define "nicest" stadium which is what Brewster said. If you want to go to the bathroom at Michigan you need to leave the stadium to go to a portable toilet. Is that nicer than Minnesota? Not in my opinion. I acknowledge that there is something great about a stadium that seats 109,000--that no ~51,000 seat stadium can match--but if they were to build Michigan Stadium from the ground up today it wouldn't look the same and it would have the bells and whistles that TCF Bank Stadium has.

Brewster said some are bigger but none are nicer. I honestly think that is a very true statement. Our stadium has the shine and polish of a new car while others are great in different ways as they wreak of history, tradition, etc. If we're quite frank some of those historic stadiums are not the nicest after years of wear and tear and awkward expansion to facilities that weren't originally designed to expand to current capacities (Camp Randall has some obstructed view seats that are horrible; the corners at Kinnick are incredibly awkward, as great as it is inside the PSU stadium looks like an erector set from the outside, you didn't mention it but Memorial Stadium at Nebraska has more end zone seats than sideline seats and the EZ sections don't connect to the sidelines due to expansions, etc).

But I'm done responding to troll posts.

I would not split hairs over any stadium. We have a very nice stadium with a nice capacity. It is ours, on campus and very good. Others have their stadiums which are also very nice for them.

Ranking the stadiums I have been to in terms of how good it is to watch a game.

1) TCF
2) Michigan State
3) Indiana
4) Wisconsin
5) Penn State
6) Purdue
7) Iowa

In Terms of Tradition and how nice it is to watch a game in
1) Penn State
2) Wisconsin
3) Michigan State
4) TCF
5) Indiana
6) Purdue
7) Iowa (yes Kinnick is that crappy of a structure/facility that its environment and tradition do not lift it out of the cellar for me)

Camp Randall stadium only has about 20 years of rich history, the rest of its history is about as rich as minnesota's post 1960s.

Well, unless you consider the Civil War to be history.

I agree with most everyone that "The Bank" is an amazing stadium. Just wanted to comment on the low numbers in seating capacity. Although it is only able to seat around 51000, lets not forget that once the gophers return to consistent success (I actually believe if we continue to give brew more time we will get there) that the stadium is built so that we can add close to 30000 more seats if I am not mistaken.

p.s...this is my first post...excited about joining the gopherhole community

I agree with most everyone that "The Bank" is an amazing stadium. Just wanted to comment on the low numbers in seating capacity. Although it is only able to seat around 51000, lets not forget that once the gophers return to consistent success (I actually believe if we continue to give brew more time we will get there) that the stadium is built so that we can add close to 30000 more seats if I am not mistaken.

p.s...this is my first post...excited about joining the gopherhole community

yup, that's right. but it will take a good number of winning years (and an upswing in the overall economy) for that to be considered.

Welcome to The 'Hole!! I see you've taken only one post to state your side on the ongoing Brewster debate. Good for you! :)

I'd be interested in knowing what a stadium built in 1917 has to do with the Civil War.

Dude. It's simple.

Randall is the full name of many people commonly called Randy.
Randy Travis is a country music star.
People in the South like country music.
People in the South used to like slavery.
The Civil War was fought largely to eliminate slavery.
Slavery was abolished officially via the 13th amendment to the Constitution.
The Constitution was written mostly by James Madison.
Madison, wisconsin is named after James Madison.
James Madison also never saw a football game and never was in wisconsin.

So naturally, Camp Randall has everything to do with the Civil War.
Where did you go to school where they didn't teach you that??

Dude. It's simple.

Randall is the full name of many people commonly called Randy.
Randy Travis is a country music star.
People in the South like country music.
People in the South used to like slavery.
The Civil War was fought largely to eliminate slavery.
Slavery was abolished officially via the 13th amendment to the Constitution.
The Constitution was written mostly by James Madison.
Madison, wisconsin is named after James Madison.
James Madison also never saw a football game and never was in wisconsin.

So naturally, Camp Randall has everything to do with the Civil War.
Where did you go to school where they didn't teach you that??

Samsonite...I was way off!!

Top Bottom