Brewster and Colorado

This silly s__t would never fly in the NFL.

So why do these assholes pull this crap in college?? Because they like to control 18-22 year olds, like it’s the Marines??

Hate this crap. Hate gimmicks.
Unless he’s completely berating the players which isn’t what’s going on here, I really don’t see what the issue is or why it bothers people so much, same thing with people not liking Fleck or his running in the sidelines between quarters, never understood the flack.

Man o man, So many years ago and Danny is still sticking it to Brew. I hope I never get on his bad side

I don't think it's a coincidence that men aged between 18-22 seem to seek out this kind of direction. The military uses it. Sports use it. Frats use it. Even things like Andrew Tate and Jordan Peterson are tapping into this kind of assertive/motivational stuff. It creates an "us" vs. "them" thing that I think a lot young men seek.

I'm not even saying it's healthy or anything. I just think it does seem to tap into something.

Of course grown men would laugh in their face. Grown men are not the target audience. Young men are the target.

I don't think grown men would repeat Fleckisms either.
Players--especially ones at the margins--want to see the field and they are going to put up with this kind of stuff to show their commitment to the process. Yeah, they all laugh when they're back in their dorm/apartment (we'd all laugh at the pizza joint after the game in which our basketball coach went ballistic, which was often), but they also know that they are going to have to put up with stuff like this when in the building or on the practice field.

I went down a Coach Brewster rabbit hole on YouTube. There are some great videos from his time at Jackson State. This one might be my favorite. (Watch until the end, I promise).
th-1753835844.jpg
Coach Brew seems J-Rocish

This video has been making the rounds, thought it deserved its own thread.

Im probably in the minority but a decade he still gets me fired up.

The guy's good at what he does. He just wasn't good at being a head coach. He could have screwed up any competant program, but he had an especially steep hill to climb considering the steaming pile of crap Mason left him. People often forget how bad that roster was. The worst I've ever seen as a Gopher fan.

The guy's good at what he does. He just wasn't good at being a head coach. He could have screwed up any competant program, but he had an especially steep hill to climb considering the steaming pile of crap Mason left him. People often forget how bad that roster was. The worst I've ever seen as a Gopher fan.
Mason literally quit trying.

At least Brewster wasnt doing fake country humble like Jerry. ‘Well, if y’all think you can coach better n me well I got a lake home In Southern Illinois…’

Unless he’s completely berating the players which isn’t what’s going on here
Beg to differ. Is he personally insulting a particular player in front of everyone and screaming in their face? No. If that's what you meant, fine. That's a pretty damn high bar to set for what is "OK, yeah that bothers me".

I really don’t see what the issue is
It's silly.
It accomplishes literally nothing.

That's all.

Coaches need to find ways to get a large collection of young men from disparate backgrounds to work together, pay attention to the smallest of detail, respond to adversity, and maybe weed out some shit birds in the process in a matter of weeks. It's a major challenge and there are different ways to do it. This is one way. Brewster and Sanders know it might not be popular among some; they aren't going to bed at night worried that players are pissed or joking about their tactics. If it works to harden up the group and get rid of some softies, then OK. I'm guessing they're doing some sort of good cop bad cop routine.

It sounds like Fleck does this with things like high tempo practices and being demanding off the field (grades, cordiality, comm service, etc.).

Brewster is a bit
KFAN personalities are bits
The thing that makes me laugh anytime the KFAN personalities go after Brewster is that what it really boils down to is that he's been more financially successful at his bit than they are. Brewster's been around CFB for a couple decades and has probably made a few million in salary compensation. Paul Lambert meanwhile is probably making $60k for iHeartRadio. Lambert went after Brewster on Twitter for being a fraud. Ummmmm, your professional name is "MeatSauce" and you make a living pretending to be an 85IQ that backed into local celebrity status.

Brewster is a bit
The thing that makes me laugh anytime the KFAN personalities go after Brewster is that what it really boils down to is that he's been more financially successful at his bit than they are. Brewster's been around CFB for a couple decades and has probably made a few million in salary compensation. Paul Lambert meanwhile is probably making $60k for iHeartRadio. Lambert went after Brewster on Twitter for being a fraud. Ummmmm, your professional name is "MeatSauce" and you make a living pretending to be an 85IQ that backed into local celebrity status.
Yeah....MeatSauce calling someone a bit is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black......

How could he take enough time away from blocking people on Twitter to make this speech? Time management is clearly a strength.

Go Gophers!!
He's audience isn't NFL players and Brewster was a really successful NFL assistant coach. He was the position coach for Antonio Gates when they drafted him (as a basketball player) and made him into one of the greatest TEs of all time. He coached in the NFL for five years and was an Assistant Head Coach when he left the NFL.

Do I think he'd be a good NFL Head Coach? Nope.
Was he a good NFL assistant? Yes.

Do people like this think it's really profound to think you treat an 18 year old college kid different than a 25 year old professional millionaire? Do they really think that Brew didn't alter his approach in the NFL?

I had a college position coach who did stuff kind of like this and a good chunk of it was a bit Tongue In Cheek. When he was 1 on 1 and on the field teaching and coaching he was great. He became lifelong friends for a lot of us that played for him.

Brewster is a bit
Is Meat Sauce pretending about the 85 IQ?

Brewster is a bit
Fairly certain the PowerTrip comp is way, way, way north of $60k.

Nobody puts Danny B in a corner well except Bob Beamon. Bob Beamon didn’t care for Dan.

Not saying you can’t rip Brew’s personality if you want to, but labeling everyone with more “eccentric” personalities as frauds doesn’t make sense to me. Is it not possibly that he just has that personality?

Colorado better check the tracks and tune those steel wheels, this has all the markings of a derailment. Brewster is an idiot and Prime time could be reruns real easy.

There's a reason Prime wanted Brew to follow him to Colorado - Brew is Prime's Yin/Yang. Prime can be the calm voice of reason, and when he needs someone to get in the face of a player to get them on track, call on Brew to do the job. Call him the Derek Boogaard of the Colorado coaching staff.

1674158245654.png

PA vocalized some disdain for Brewster. Short time here but must’ve angered the immortal kfan talent.

Top Bottom