Brewster (A positive farewell)

balds

Reaction score
I don't think we could have hired a coach that tried harder than you, for that we are grateful.

You lost many close games. If a hand full of said games went your way, you likely would have a job next year. 3 nailbiters vs. Northwestern, 3 very close games vs. Wisconsin, 2 games vs. Iowa in which a single TD would have probably secured the win. Who can forget the Malox masher against Iowa St., or even the more troubling near misses vs. Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic, North Dakota St., South Dakota. You were even a Tray Simmons blown assignment from going to halftime 0-0 at Ohio St.

Thank you for your efffort, but as you know, you are in a results driven business. I wish things would have gone better for you here. In fact, I was really pulling hard for you. Good luck in your future endeavors.

I hear there is an opening for a male washroom attendant at Target field. Go gettem Brew!!

Come on man

The man poured his heart and soul into our football team. Give him some respect.

The man poured his heart and soul into our football team. Give him some respect.

This is the #1 reason why I supported him for so long (and still do) even while I agree a change should/will be made.

This is the #1 reason why I supported him for so long (and still do) even while I agree a change should/will be made.

Same.

Brewster is a good guy, but sometimes things just dont work. I think he could definetly do well elsewhere in a small conference where the expectations aren't so high. He's definetly a players coach who can recruit very well and would be a shining example of integrity heading the ship elsewhere. I think the North Texas job will be opening up soon. It would be a great opportunity for him to go to the lower levels and develop more as a head coach instead of a position coach, unfortunately we cant let him do this here.

He also lies to us about the program, and stretches the truth as to abilities and talents.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a thank you for trying, but lets not pretend that it was all sunshine and rainbows.

Is he a good coach? He really, really, really is.

honestly i think he could have done better if he would have jumped off the sinking s.s. weber last year. or this year.

just because brewster works his ass off, and that is more then ANYONE could ever say about Mason's work ethic, he is still in way over his head and needs to be replaced asap.

Balds,

I was going to give it a few days for the sting of yesterday's loss to ease somewhat, but you beat me to it. I really feel that coach Brew did his best and there have been many positives from his tenure. Unfortuantely, i just dont seen any way he's going to keep his job next season. I'll probably post something later in the week once i put my thoughts together.

Either way, i do agree that the man deserves respect.

Brew's enthusiasm and optimism will be missed. He had a lot of on the job training here, which is unfortunate. He is a classic example of someone who does the right things, but doesn't do things right. There is a difference. In every aspect of the job, he shows this propensity. He made changes to staff and systems when things weren't working, but he made the wrong choices at the wrong times. He recruited the right players, but didn't coach them properly. He put us in a postion to win a lot of games, but he chose wrongly in clutch play calling/time mgmt/ moments. Yesterday was yet another example of this case in point.

Great guy. Likeable guy. We need someone who can coach a football team. Square peg, round hole.

Brew's enthusiasm and optimism will be missed. He had a lot of on the job training here, which is unfortunate. He is a classic example of someone who does the right things, but doesn't do things right. There is a difference. In every aspect of the job, he shows this propensity. He made changes to staff and systems when things weren't working, but he made the wrong choices at the wrong times. He recruited the right players, but didn't coach them properly. He put us in a postion to win a lot of games, but he chose wrongly in clutch play calling/time mgmt/ moments. Yesterday was yet another example of this case in point.

Great guy. Likeable guy. We need someone who can coach a football team. Square peg, round hole.

Some jobs lend themselves to OJT. Secretary. Fry cook. Ditchdigger. Other jobs, not so much. Brain surgeon, for example. I guess we've learned that football coach falls into the latter category, too.

I had several opportunities to talk to Coach Brewster. We were on the same flight down to Austin, TX once and I chatted with him for a few minutes. Very personable and generous with his time. Compared to coach Mason, who wouldn't pizz on you if you were on fire, unless you were a fatcat with a checkbook in your hand..

Here's the tragedy:

He is finally doing exactly what he should've done in year one.

His huge handicap was inexperience - as many have said, he was (is) learning on the job, which didn't work. Also, if he'd gone to a Wisconsin-style offense right away, we might have something going for us now, but the defense is 92nd in the nation after five games, which suggests whatever offense he had, he'd still not be recruiting or coaching the complete game. This means sayonara by Dec. 1, hopefully.

Some jobs lend themselves to OJT. Secretary. Fry cook. Ditchdigger. Other jobs, not so much. Brain surgeon, for example. I guess we've learned that football coach falls into the latter category, too.

I had several opportunities to talk to Coach Brewster. We were on the same flight down to Austin, TX once and I chatted with him for a few minutes. Very personable and generous with his time. Compared to coach Mason, who wouldn't pizz on you if you were on fire, unless you were a fatcat with a checkbook in your hand..

a fatcat or a cosmetic dentist

Anyone...and I mean ANYONE can try hard. Gimme a headset and a playbook I'll "try hard" for a cool million bucks a year.

What a country! God Bless America! I don't feel bad for someone in his shoes.

Is that why Mason tried so hard?

Art - I actually agree with you from time to time. But you are a huge d--che.

Anyone...and I mean ANYONE can try hard. Gimme a headset and a playbook I'll "try hard" for a cool million bucks a year.

What a country! God Bless America! I don't feel bad for someone in his shoes.

Anyone...and I mean ANYONE can volunteer at a soup kitchen every week too. Just because anyone CAN do something, doesn't mean everyone does it. Nobody is saying they feel bad for him.

Anyone...and I mean ANYONE can volunteer at a soup kitchen every week too. Just because anyone CAN do something, doesn't mean everyone does it. Nobody is saying they feel bad for him.

I feel bad for the guy...

I mean this is his first team he's ever coached...this was *HIS* team & he had a lot of pride in being the HC of Minnesota...

I'd hate to see him on his couch watching them on TV next year, it's gotta be a sad scene...

oh please, the guy will NOT be 'sitting on a couch' next year. He will be making a lot of money coaching football, it just won't be here. He's not retiring for God's sake.

Top Bottom