Brew vs Beliema

It doesn't matter if you have the finest five star ingredients, if you can't cook it's going to taste like crap. Until we beat the Badgers Bielema is the better coach, and rightly so.

Just plain confused...

Some of us come over here looking for civil conversation. Sometimes to dispel misconceptions Gopher fans have about UW. .

Are you serious? Isn't that like trying to make lefty liberals think Bush was a great president? Or convincing a vegetarian to take down a 24oz porterhouse?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I don't know who embarasses themselves the most; the Gophers fans on this site who continually engage the folks to the East or the children from Cheeseland who apparently not only have enough time to hang out on the net all day to talk with their own fans but have that much more time to spend on another team's fan site? That is one f'n enormous amount of free time some of you Badger fans have.

Furthermore, I'm still amazed by the Bucky fan that interprets a couple of FG victories combined with a miracle/freakish blocked punt recovered for a TD as some kind of universal worldwide dominance. Brewster is 14-23 with the Gophers, sports a paultry 6-18 BT record, and yet the mighty all-powerful Badgers have managed to win their 3 games in that time by an average of just over 4 points?

Perhaps an analogy; the Gophers have had about the same success in recent years over Michigan State, Northwestern and Purdue as Wisky has had over the Gophers, but you don't see Gopher fans in droves thumping their chest on the Sparty, Wildcat and Boiler web sites.

Conversely, the Badgers are a whopping 1-6 against OSU and PSU in the last 5 years; are there lots of Buckeye and Nitt fans on Buckyville giving you guys the business?

I must be getting too old, I just don't get it....

Furthermore, I'm still amazed by the Bucky fan that interprets a couple of FG victories combined with a miracle/freakish blocked punt recovered for a TD as some kind of universal worldwide dominance.

Perhaps an analogy; the Gophers have had about the same success in recent years over Michigan State, Northwestern and Purdue as Wisky has had over the Gophers, but you don't see Gopher fans in droves thumping their chest on the Sparty, Wildcat and Boiler web sites.

That punt block was planned. The entire game was set up by Barry to get to that play. That's how good he was.

Are the Gophers 13-2 in the last 15 over MSU, NU and Purdue? Are any of those the longest played rivalry in college football?

13-2 seems like dominance to me, but what the heck do I know?

This board is fun, I don't see why it is a problem to hang out and post here. Some people need to relax.

Not gonna lie, I pray for UW's ruin...often...i almost always toss it in at the end...

"and God, please keep me and my family safe...oh yeah, and please make wisconsin lose their next game. Amen."

That was very funny.

Merry Christmas.

That punt block was planned. The entire game was set up by Barry to get to that play. That's how good he was.

Are the Gophers 13-2 in the last 15 over MSU, NU and Purdue? Are any of those the longest played rivalry in college football?

13-2 seems like dominance to me, but what the heck do I know?

This board is fun, I don't see why it is a problem to hang out and post here. Some people need to relax.

Because the fumes coming from the land of becky are bad enough.

Personally I don't mind that you post here, arguments with becky fans are better than arguments with fellow Gopher fans about why the offense can't move the ball. So as long as that bar you sit in all day has free wi-fi I'm gonna say you might as well keep coming back to gopher hole.

BTW, there are always stretches of "dominance" in rivalries. I don't know when, but the tide will turn and the axe will be sitting in its rightful home in Minneapolis for many, many, many years.

It must be nice to just be able to re-paste your posts from December 2008, 2007, and 2006.

No actually I've only been posting this since this summer when it became pleasantly obvious which way the team strength trends were going.

But you will see it over and over again in 2010 and 2011. Once the change is complete I might let up, if I feel sorry enough for you guys.

(actually = you're a dumbass and let me tell you why)

No actually I've only been posting this since this summer when it became pleasantly obvious which way the team strength trends were going.

But you will see it over and over again in 2010 and 2011. Once the change is complete I might let up, if I feel sorry enough for you guys.

(actually = you're a dumbass and let me tell you why)

If you looked at the Badgers Rivals rankings that I posted, you will see your argument is completely without merit, because the Badgers have been recruiting at the same level on Rivals for the last 8 years. Even though they are lower this year, and it is certainly debateable if you look closely at the class, that will not factor into your rankings for quite some time. No matter how many times you say it, does not make it true.

16 starters back including 9 on offense on the first or second ranked offense in the Big Ten, depending what numbers you look at, hardly indicates a talent decline.

I know you don't like facts, but they make your arguments look silly.

Keep wishing for it to happen though, maybe by 2017 it will happen.

What a game that was...

That punt block was planned. The entire game was set up by Barry to get to that play. That's how good he was..

I remember that game for a great reason. I actually won a LOT of money on that game.

Gophers were favored by 5 (you know, because of the Badger global dominance), which I thought was a lot anyway. Gophers starting QB Cupito was really banged up that week but the coaches and the MSP media insisted all week that he was going to still play against Wisky.

The betting experts like to say that there's rarely such a thing as "inside information" but this was the next best thing. Despite saying Cupito was starting all week, an article came out in the online version of the Mpls STrib about 10pm Friday night Vegas time that Cupito indeed would NOT START.

Gophers ended up starting a guy (Mortensen?) who had never taken a meaningful snap in his Gopher career (nor did he after this game). I headed for the sports book with cash in hand.

The ironic thing was, the Badgers were still just barely going to cover without the blocked punt for TD at the end of the game, the Gophers were only up 3.

I was actually shocked to see the Gophers put up 34 points against Wisky with a QB they literally did NOT want throwing the ball. I was fully prepared for a Gopher loss, but taking home a nice bank roll. Turns out I was right...

It's one of the best rivalries in college football, you are surprised there are close games? And this is your argument?

I'm not sure how you can possibly see 13-2 in the last 15 as anything but dominance.

As was already mentioned, you aren't even close to 13-2 in the last 15 against MSU, NW or Purdue. Not even CLOSE. Not sure how you see that as about the same success, but whatever.

It's a fun rivalry. Some day you will win the axe, and I'm sure UW fans will be plenty pissed off, and UM fans will be thrilled. If the gophs, like Schnoodler and the rest of the Rivals brainwashed are convinced is currently happening, turn around 40 years of putrid football and win B10 championships and national titles, you can downtalk the badgers all you want.

Typical Wisconsin garbage

It's one of the best rivalries in college football, you are surprised there are close games? And this is your argument?

like Schnoodler and the rest of the Rivals brainwashed are convinced is currently happening, turn around 40 years of putrid football and win B10 championships and national titles, you can downtalk the badgers all you want.

Did I miss something? When did Wisconsin win ONE national championship, let alone "national titles"?
You have had some success, but not as much as you claim. You are watching the slow decline of a contender, never a champion. I hope we win several BT titles and soon, The Rose Bowl would be fantastic, and necessary, but to come here and claim that success is measured in something you have never obtained in many, many years of trying, is laughable at best. So, using this measuring stick: When will 120 years of putrid football end for Wisconsin?

Did I miss something? When did Wisconsin win ONE national championship, let alone "national titles"?
You have had some success, but not as much as you claim. You are watching the slow decline of a contender, never a champion. I hope we win several BT titles and soon, The Rose Bowl would be fantastic, and necessary, but to come here and claim that success is measured in something you have never obtained in many, many years of trying, is laughable at best. So, using this measuring stick: When will 120 years of putrid football end for Wisconsin?

Ha! Keep clinging to those national titles from the segregation days. The slow decline of a contender, never a champion? Ummmm, UW won 3 rose bowls in the last 15 years. Not sure if you know this, but those are during the time period where the winner of the B10 goes to the Rose Bowl to play the winner of the Pac-10.

And I never said that Wisconsin has won a national championship. I was saying that that is the progression that somehow most Rivals reading gopher fans think UM is on, and if that indeed happens, I will be more than happy to say congratulations.

But yeah, I guess I'll just enjoy this slow decline. We're looking pretty good for next year and should have a great chance to compete for a B10 title. Should be fun.

Top Bottom