Brew vs Beliema

DLguy

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, because I may be. Once Beau Allen committed to Becky, I compared their recruiting class to ours. According to Rivals, UW does not have any 4* players coming in yet. Our star quality is much better than theirs right now. And Beau Allen would have been in the lower half of our class ratings wise. Makes me not feel bad about losing him. I am liking what I see.

Sports IOWA tat on ankle i.e. women at mn state fair. Likes to drink at the Dry Bean by my carwash off of Verona Rd.

Brett vs Brew

Correct me if I am wrong, because I may be. Once Beau Allen committed to Becky, I compared their recruiting class to ours. According to Rivals, UW does not have any 4* players coming in yet. Our star quality is much better than theirs right now. And Beau Allen would have been in the lower half of our class ratings wise. Makes me not feel bad about losing him. I am liking what I see.

Do you judge the performance of a coach on recruiting rankings or on wins and losses?

Got to wonder why Brew isn't more successful with the higher ranked kids.

The only way Brewster can beat Brent is if he gets a barbwire tattoo on his bicep and a Tasmanian devil tattoo on his chest.

Do you judge the performance of a coach on recruiting rankings or on wins and losses?

Got to wonder why Brew isn't more successful with the higher ranked kids.

Got to wonder if you know very much about college football. A team doesnt win games playing only freshman and sophs no matter how talented they are. Look at Mason's last 3 classes 05-07 and you will see the lack of talent our upperclassmen have.

And in the only category that matters, the score is 3-0.

Scout likes the Badgers class more then the Gophers, which is worth as much as Rivals liking the Gophers class more then the Badgers. In other words, it is worth nothing.

Let me know when you have the Rivals Recruiting Rankings trophy case built and I will send over the recruiting axe so you can proudly display it.

In the meantime, the trophy case that matters is conspicuously empty and has been for the entire Brewster era.

Scout likes the Badgers class more then the Gophers, which is worth as much as Rivals liking the Gophers class more then the Badgers. In other words, it is worth nothing.

Let me know when you have the Rivals Recruiting Rankings trophy case built and I will send over the recruiting axe so you can proudly display it.

In the meantime, the trophy case that matters is conspicuously empty and has been for the entire Brewster era.

soon to be a distant memory.

The fall will be a beautiful thing.

This was cute the first time you said it. Not so much the subsequent dozens upon dozens of times.

Got to wonder if you know very much about college football. A team doesnt win games playing only freshman and sophs no matter how talented they are. Look at Mason's last 3 classes 05-07 and you will see the lack of talent our upperclassmen have.

Wisconsin was amound the youngest (if not the youngest) team in the Big Ten. This is not to say you didn't have underclassmen as well.

But what about the rankings? If Brew consistantly has higher ranked kids, why does he have a poorer win/loss record ?

soon to be a distant memory.

The fall will be a beautiful thing.

Maybe your correct, but haven't you been saying this for a long time now?

You would have thought the Big Ten opener at your new stadium would have been the time.

If freshmen play its not so much becuase of their talent as much as the lack of talent ahead of them. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

You would have thought the Big Ten opener at your new stadium would have been the time.

yes I have been. I want this to be firmly in your brains when you're looking up at Minnesota in a few years. I want you to see it happening is slow slow motion, so you can feel the pain because I have described your demise so perfectly.

It will as pleasurable for me as it will be painful for you.

Just FYI...(dots for emphasis)

www.buckyville.com

The above is what's known in internet parlance as a "hyperlink." Click on it and it will take you to the website URL that you had originally intended.

This is not the website you are looking for.

fmimage-4-292912.jpeg

If freshmen play its not so much becuase of their talent as much as the lack of talent ahead of them. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

MN is losing 12 starters to WI 7. Also, WI starts 3 freshman and has many more within their two deep depth chart.

ps - I don't get afraid about future outcomes of football games. It is still entertainment for me.

yes I have been. I want this to be firmly in your brains when you're looking up at Minnesota in a few years. I want you to see it happening is slow slow motion, so you can feel the pain because I have described your demise so perfectly.

It will as pleasurable for me as it will be painful for you.

It is also never painful regardless of the outcome.

This is getting kind of creepy :D

You might have two more years of entertainment left. That's a long enough period to change your wardrobe to maroon and gold.

don't worry about it. I love the badgers on the site. Just playing. but I am a bit creepy.

You might have two more years of entertainment left. That's a long enough period to change your wardrobe to maroon and gold.

That actually might happen. My daughter is considering attending the U next year.

I don't spend any time on badger boards (because I'm not a badger fan, and have no desire to read about their team, nor talk about their team) but does this happen as much over there? Are there, like, 5-10 of us at buckyville who just search for any mention of the gophers, then hijack every thread they're mentioned in with a string of repetitive posts that no one wants to read or cares about?? And, if so, do people over there acknowledge and humor them as much as we do?

edited to add: I'm not trying (completely) to be a snotty prick here....I'm actually a little curious.

I don't spend any time on badger boards (because I'm not a badger fan, and have no desire to read about their team, nor talk about their team) but does this happen as much over there? Are there, like, 5-10 of us at buckyville who just search for any mention of the gophers, then hijack every thread they're mentioned in with a string of repetitive posts that no one wants to read or cares about?? And, if so, do people over there acknowledge and humor them as much as we do?

edited to add: I'm not trying (completely) to be a snotty prick here....I'm actually a little curious.

I'd imagine it probably doesn't. There simply doesn't seem to be as many U of MN grads in WI, as vice versa. I could be way off base because I really have no desire to go to a Badger board. I am sure there are a lot of homers on this board (as there is on every board for every team), but I guess I don't see what motivates someone to "set them straight", but whatever.

As far as the difference between the two classes...I think it is almost impossible to really quantify the difference between classes that are ranked this closely. It seems a tad bit arbitrary to attempt to rank these kids as a better group or a worse group when they are relatively similar. I really think the only way to rank how Brewster or Bielema have recruited against eachother this year is to look at how they did head to head (even that can be deceiving).

For the guy who asked "why Brewster's recruits haven't led to success on the field?"...well, those recruits were redshirt freshman or sophmores next season and "complimenting" a few terrible MAson classes (and people who transferred). I am not so confident to assume that the on the field success will change when Brew's guys are seniors, but the only logical answer to your question is..."we'll see".

My honest opinion is I wouldn't trade UW's class for UM's. It's also a little bit different recruiting for a pretty well established program that has solid depth. It allows you to find people who fit your system, have high character and leadership traits, and program guys who may not see a starting role in their careers, but will be great on special teams, in practice, in the classroom, etc.

And again, in talent level I still like the Badgers class vs. UM. As for all the other b*tching, I like to follow Big Ten football. I like to know what my biggest rivals fans are thinking. I read a lot of other boards when I have time. I like it. I try not to stir the pot around here at all, but will chime in on things that I think are just completely preposterous.

As for the fall of the UW program, I don't see it coming anytime soon. Sure, the gophs may do a little better in the future than in recent history, but when you've lost 6 or 7 straight or and have been dominated for the most part of the last 15-20 years, there's only room for improvement. Also, a good MN program vs. a good UW program will only be good to the rivalry.

I'd imagine it probably doesn't. There simply doesn't seem to be as many U of MN grads in WI, as vice versa. I could be way off base because I really have no desire to go to a Badger board. I am sure there are a lot of homers on this board (as there is on every board for every team), but I guess I don't see what motivates someone to "set them straight", but whatever.

As far as the difference between the two classes...I think it is almost impossible to really quantify the difference between classes that are ranked this closely. It seems a tad bit arbitrary to attempt to rank these kids as a better group or a worse group when they are relatively similar. I really think the only way to rank how Brewster or Bielema have recruited against eachother this year is to look at how they did head to head (even that can be deceiving).

For the guy who asked "why Brewster's recruits haven't led to success on the field?"...well, those recruits were redshirt freshman or sophmores next season and "complimenting" a few terrible MAson classes (and people who transferred). I am not so confident to assume that the on the field success will change when Brew's guys are seniors, but the only logical answer to your question is..."we'll see".

I know ol' Ruppert goes over there once in a while and makes some inflammatory, half legible, mostly drunken rant about the Badgers and how bad they are. I don't spend time on their board but that is all I've seen or heard about. Not really sure why we have Badger fans over here.

You'll find Rupert, Bronco, and occasionally Sour posting there, and a couple others. I can't recall the names.

I know ol' Ruppert goes over there once in a while and makes some inflammatory, half legible, mostly drunken rant about the Badgers and how bad they are. I don't spend time on their board but that is all I've seen or heard about. Not really sure why we have Badger fans over here.

Some of us come over here looking for civil conversation. Sometimes to dispel misconceptions Gopher fans have about UW. It may surprise many here, but not all of us pray for UM's ruin. Many of us actually wouldn't mind seeing UM improve. It would only help the conference as a whole, and we would have to be better to beat you.

Not gonna lie, I pray for UW's ruin...often...i almost always toss it in at the end...

"and God, please keep me and my family safe...oh yeah, and please make wisconsin lose their next game. Amen."

Just FYI...(dots for emphasis)

www.buckyville.com

The above is what's known in internet parlance as a "hyperlink." Click on it and it will take you to the website URL that you had originally intended.

This is not the website you are looking for.

This time you guys mean it right? :clap:

I have no doubt you guys will once again (even after adjusting for Clearinghouse and taser losses) kick our butts in the all important recruiting rankings. Probably the pre-season strength of schedule rankings too. Most coaches are judged by wins/losses. Not you guys though.

Now on to things that matter........

117951894.jpg

This time you guys mean it right? :clap:

I have no doubt you guys will once again (even after adjusting for Clearinghouse and taser losses) kick our butts in the all important recruiting rankings. Probably the pre-season strength of schedule rankings too. Most coaches are judged by wins/losses. Not you guys though.

Now on to things that matter........

That certainly depends upon where they are in there development of their program. I highley doubt David Kahn is judging Kurt Rambis (Twolves) by wins and losses this season. I can gurantee you that Iowa is glad their AD didn't judge Ferentz by wins and losses in his first three seasons. I'll give it to you, you have dominated the rivalry for awhile now and Brewster doesn't have an impressive list key wins. But it really does say something about your view on yourself and your life that you feel the need to flame on an internet message board. That is stuff that is usually done by depressed 15 yr old kids who are seeking attention.

Top Bottom