Brew gets first 2010 recruit from Bielema's backyard

Sotakid

Reaction score
who's the new....

2010 commit from wisconsin? i love it that we stole one from sconnie! they probably cooled on him. lol!

BTW - doesnt it seem like we are getting a good start on some of the prospects from the class of 2010 besides this commit it seems like we are talking to more prospects alot sooner

I think the in roads are going to start paying dividends. I think every coach in the area sees the U as a real possibility for their kids and that the door is open. Accessibility. Key.

No idea, don't have membership (not intended to be a slame against GI, BTW)

This is awesome! HAHA Badger nation. Our linebacking crew seems to be a real strong point looking forward. Do we get this guy without Coz's connections ?? Do we get this guy with Mason...one word, NO

New 10' Commit - Konrad Zagzebski

Wisconsin and Northwestern listed but no offers from either

He tore his ACL last year. Apparently his recovery is going well and he should be ready for his last prep season.

Looks and sounds like a BEAST with Notre Dame with interest and he still didnt want to wait. Lets all hope he recovers better than ever! Welcome Konrad!

grunkiejr- you liked our LB's before! Looks like a start of a pipeline...

THIS IS MAJOR

2010 commit from wisconsin? i love it that we stole one from sconnie! they probably cooled on him. lol!

BTW - doesnt it seem like we are getting a good start on some of the prospects from the class of 2010 besides this commit it seems like we are talking to more prospects alot sooner

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!! Take that you fat, turkey-necked a-hole!!!

Oh man, this is the kind of news I needed. Starting with that Michigan game, the news has been one puddle of crap after another.

There are still concerns about his knee, which is why UW, Northwestern and Iowa hadnt offered yet. People close to high school recruiting in Wisconsin didnt think that UW was going to offer until at least most of the way through his senior year if at all due to the knee concerns and lack of speed to play LB. He wont be the highest rated propect in Wisconsin when it revaulated in the summer. Look for one of the two lineman Zac Epping or Eggen to be top ranked. With that said the kid is an old school LB.

EDIT: Most think he will grow into a DE like current UW commit Tyler Dippel who UW didnt offer until he proved he could play at camp. He played LB just like Konrad, they are basically the same player. Either way LB or DE will not a be a big need or even really recruited next year judging from the last two classes they had.

His recruitment may have turned like Fritz Rocks, alot of early hype and interest that tailed off as the months went on.

His recruitment may have turned like Fritz Rocks, alot of early hype and interest that tailed off as the months went on.

Early hype, and tailing off, he still has a full year, Nothing like Fritz Rock. This kid is a 2010 recruit. This is a nice get, he and Maresh could plug the middle in the 3-4 defense. Heres to a great recovery.

Like I said, dont be shocked if he grows into a DE. Most think he would have more of an impact there.

is this a 3 or 4 star type talent? top WI player seems like a 4 star (or a 5.7)

Just so that people dont think I am bashing the kid, he is a good football player, but more then likely a DE. UW wanted him to play DE, which isnt a need for them by any means. They have seen him in camp and for the last couple years up close several times, and if they feel he will be a DE I would go with that.

If you want to know what body type and DE he could be just think of Vandee Steeg, without as much explosiveness.

grunkiejr- you liked our LB's before! Looks like a start of a pipeline...

Yes, this was a big get for us. Zagzebski isn't rated by the recruiting sites yet but after his sophomore year he was considered the top recruit in Wisconsin which would project him as a 4-star LB. All of that may have changed with his knee injury but it is still a big get to bring in a talented player as well as send a glancing blow back at Bielema after his "we consider Minnesota in state recruiting" comment.

With Campbell graduating we needed to add a body to replace him for depth. We are going to be very young at MLB in 2010 but very talented.
Gray Shirt Soph: Sam Maresh
True Freshman: Zagzebski
True Junior Gary Tinsley and Redshirt Soph Ryan Grant could fit in there too.

We will need to sign at least two OLB's in the 2010 class too and possibly another MLB.

-LaMonte Edwards from Woodbury seems to be in the Simoni Lawrence mold that Brewster loves for OLB.
-AJ Tarpley from Wayzata is my guess for another MLB.
-Joel Baumann is an athlete that projects at RB or LB so he is another possibility

I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to pull another out of Texas (Cooper, Reeves) or Florida (Singleton) either.

Add all of those ingredients together and we should have more talent and depth at LB then I ever remember, although we will still be very young.

Great news, 6'3" 225 and probably still growing.

There's a lot of premier LB talent to be had in the state of Texas with the 2010 class.

can anyone who goes on the Wisconsin board add some insight to the reactions on there?? i have to assume if he was top player going into this year for his class, that they wanted him there

speaking of Wisco message boards, do they have a free message board like Gopher Hole?

Some Wisky fans have been over on the scout board offering congrats. Kinda interesting on what they are saying!

Top Bottom