Brew- 1 year extension?

If you think my post is worst, your post is "worse than worst".

But I'll respond to what you said. I said "largely over cupcakes". I consider AirForce a decent win, but it was at home and was a contest. I consider MSU win decent too, but again at home and aided by turnovers. The win over Northwestern this year was probably Brew's biggest win except for perhaps the win over Illinois last year. If those are his biggest accomplishments in three years, then you realize how bad the program has been during Brew's tenure. You do realize that Brew is 0-11 in trophy games and bowls, a far cry from the Rose Bowl contenders that Brew told us that Gopher Nation would be.

If you think my post is worst, your post is "worse than worst".

But I'll respond to what you said. I said "largely over cupcakes". I consider AirForce a decent win, but it was at home and was a contest. I consider MSU win decent too, but again at home and aided by turnovers. The win over Northwestern this year was probably Brew's biggest win except for perhaps the win over Illinois last year. If that's his biggest accomplishments in three years, then you realize the program has been bad the past three years. You do realize that Brew is 0-11 in trophy games and bowls, a far cry from the Rose Bowl contenders that Brew told us that Gopher Nation would be.

So my post is "worse than worst" for quoting your asinine and patently false statement "his wins are largely over cupcakes and the dredges of the Big Ten" and presenting facts to demonstrate its speciousness?

You can change the scope of your original statement by bringing up his trophy and bowl record (which is a valid criticism), but I've seen everything I need to from you.

Don't you think this could be used negatively by other coaches too? As in, "Look at Minnesota. They are perfectly happy going 7-6 in back to back years." I think a one year extension is the only way to go. Brewster needs to prove something next year to get a real extension.

It could be used that way, either way you cut it, it is harmful.

So my post is "worse than worst" for quoting your asinine and patently false statement "his wins are largely over cupcakes and the dredges of the Big Ten" and presenting facts to demonstrate its speciousness?

You can change the scope of your original statement by bringing up his trophy and bowl record (which is a valid criticism), but I've seen everything I need to from you.

WRONG!! What I said is true and your personal attack is nominated for most absurb personal attack of the year. Brew has more wins over bad teams than over quality teams. He has at best, 5 decent wins (and that's a liberal definition of decent) and all the rest of the wins are against weak teams. So if you can't accept that most of his wins comes against weak teams playing mostly at home, then go cry somewhere else.

If true, I'm fine with this. A 1-year extension might be a bit of an insult, but it also serves as a motivator, while keeping the recruitment train rolling for at least one more year. If the Gophs come out an play above the predictions in 2010, then extend Brew another 2 seasons then.

WRONG!! What I said is true and your personal attack is nominated for most absurb personal attack of the year.

There were no personal attacks, Captain Defensive. A personal attack would be to say that your contributions to the board have made it virtually unreadable and that you have the college football knowledge of a Ukrainian rhythmic gymnast. But I never said that.

Gopherfish is completely clueless if he thinks this is not a better program than it was 3 years ago. We are headed for some really nice years.

Thanks for making this point

I'm getting a fine collection of posters on my ignore list.

Just to be clear MBAGuy is not on that list.

There were no personal attacks, Captain Defensive. A personal attack would be to say that your contributions to the board have made it virtually unreadable and that you have the college football knowledge of a Ukrainian rhythmic gymnast. But I never said that.

The one area in which Brew is for sure not hurting us is in his recruiting. Even if we assume he fails to win the next two years if he can keep selling good quality recruits to come to Minnesota, when he is fired the door will be open for a good coach to turn the program around. Here is a good analogy. About 10 years ago the gopher womens basketball program was in the dumps and we finally gave up on the coach Cheryl Littlejohn. The year she left she had recruited two top level players and a couple years later they took us to the final four. Even bad times do not seem to limit Brewster too much in recruiting because I think it was last year the weekend that his visiting recruits saw the mens football team get hammered he signed every one of the visiting recruits. I agree with those who think there is no perfect option but a one year extension may be the best solution.

Top Bottom