Bret Bielema

Hmmm...I can see how it would be tough to win in that athletically superior conference. Good thing they pulled out that big win against Miami of Ohio with a last second blocked field goal.

Ha! I have an SEC buddy who worked himself into fits this year because I told him SEC FB conference now looks like the SEC BB conference...one really good team and a bunch of average to not very good teams. He hasn't brought up any SEC bowl game talk yet...did get a "nice win" text for the Gophs though.

How is that SEC doing this year in bowl season. ..just curious

It's cyclical. We can all cherry pick down years for teams and conferences. Big Ten is in a good place right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's cyclical. We can all cherry pick down years for teams and conferences. Big Ten is in a good place right now.

It's fun though...think the ACC has the best bowl record right now and I'd say they are the weakest P5 conference right now. Not a lot beyond Clemson...

It's fun though...think the ACC has the best bowl record right now and I'd say they are the weakest P5 conference right now. Not a lot beyond Clemson...

ACC worse than the Big 12 or Pac 12? No, not even close.

He improved Wisconsin if you compare Brett's 7 years to Alvarez's last 7 years. Brett had 10 more wins overall, and 6 more B1G Wins. Also went to the Rose Bowl 3 times compared to Alvarez's 1. Although technically Bielema left before the last Rose Bowl, and they would have never made it if Ohio St. or Penn St were allowed to play in the postseason.

He has failed so far at Arkansas.

Alvarez coached 3 teams to the Rose Bowl and won all three times.

Bielema coached 3 teams to the Rose Bowl and lost twice. Alvarez lost the third one for him.

Bielema also took over a successful program and followed the plan. Alvarez built it from the ground up to sustained success.

Barry Alvarez has been inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.

Bielema is not likely to reach the same heights.

Bielema coached 3 teams to the Rose Bowl and lost twice. Alvarez lost the third one for him.

Bielema also took over a successful program and followed the plan. Alvarez built it from the ground up to sustained success.

I was comparing apples to apples, Alvarez's last 7 years vs Bielema's 7 years. Alvarez's last 7 years started with his last (3rd overall) Rose Bowl year. He already had the program built up by then. Bielema won more over his 7 years compared to Alvarez's last 7 years.

You're into facts too much.

Not sure the buzz involving swilling cocktails with students would work here.

Arkansas has some serious boosters (Jerry Jones.....). If a move is desired, I don't think any buyout will stand in the way.
Jerry Jones had to buy Bielema's brand new house in Madison to get him to Arkansas. Not saying he would or wouldn't be in favor of pulling the plug on BB just thought it was interesting how far he went to lure him in.

I was comparing apples to apples, Alvarez's last 7 years vs Bielema's 7 years. Alvarez's last 7 years started with his last (3rd overall) Rose Bowl year. He already had the program built up by then. Bielema won more over his 7 years compared to Alvarez's last 7 years.

The program was already built. . . by him. That counts for something, right? Bielema's best team was also his first season, Alvarez may have had something to do with the success of that team.

I'm not ripping on BB. I think he's a good coach. I despise him, but I think he's a good coach. I just think the comparison of him to Alvarez is insane. Alvarez is a hall of fame caliber coach.

I'd be honored to have a coach who can run a clean program like Bielema has proven to do for many years.
Not like some first year coach who has mayhem all season and a record for targeting fouls.

I'd be honored to have a coach who can run a clean program like Bielema has proven to do for many years.
Not like some first year coach who has mayhem all season and a record for targeting fouls.

True...he preferred to have Chadima jack off little boys and buy them booze at the rose bowl that weren't on the team. What a great guy.

The program was already built. . . by him. That counts for something, right? Bielema's best team was also his first season, Alvarez may have had something to do with the success of that team.

I'm not ripping on BB. I think he's a good coach. I despise him, but I think he's a good coach. I just think the comparison of him to Alvarez is insane. Alvarez is a hall of fame caliber coach.

They are both hall of fame a$$es!

You do know he's been photographed drunk off his ass with co-eds while at Wisconsin, right?

Top Bottom