Bret Bielema after this game: "I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money or ratings. I won't be silent. I just saw it live"

He lost his mom and likely had an emotional week. I’ll give him a pass on this. He was right there and had Michigan beat.
Agreed. His mother's death had more impact on him than most people realize. Last night I'm sure was pretty emotional for him thinking things through. Then again today when he addresses the team. If he doesn't, then I'll feel differently.

I would argue that officiating gotten worse due to younger less experienced officials climbing the ranks too fast.
I would argue the officiating has gotten better due to old bad officials leaving to be honest.
I don’t think the refs are worse than they’ve been

Illinois had 4 penalties for 40 yards

Michigan had 4 penalties for 25 yards

What am I missing here?

He lost his mom and likely had an emotional week. I’ll give him a pass on this. He was right there and had Michigan beat.
He never said it. This entire thread is based on a quote attributed to him. Ayesha Curry tweeted it years ago.

He never said it. This entire thread is based on a quote attributed to him. Ayesha Curry tweeted it years ago.
Funny- It seemed like an odd tweet, but he was pissed at halftime about the officiating.

Or the overturned Leidner -> Wolitarsky bomb TD that gave Michigan the game.
That play happened right in front of me. I didn't need to have replay to know he was short of the end zone.

well he wasn't hindering anyone's path. But he was blocking. So could be I am unclear on the rule. A normal pick play is when the WR gets in the path of the defender and they run into each other. This wasn't so obvious to me. And I'm not sure that can be the rule. The defender gets to touch the offensive player within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, why can't the offensive player touch him?
It's offensive pass interference if the throw goes past the line of scrimmage (which it did). This seems like an obvious illegal pick play, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for BB.

Illinois had 4 penalties for 40 yards

Michigan had 4 penalties for 25 yards

What am I missing here?
The timing and magnitude of the calls.

Mo ran for 265 yards... what am I missing? A fumble on the 10 yard line and an interception a few minutes later. Stats tell a part of the story, not the whole story.

The timing and magnitude of the calls.

Mo ran for 265 yards... what am I missing? A fumble on the 10 yard line and an interception a few minutes later. Stats tell a part of the story, not the whole story.
So one call or were there others?

He's not wrong, Kevin Warren turned a corrupt B1G and made it far worse.
He's desperately trying to compete with the SEC and that means shitting on all the little guys of the league. Minnesota has been the bottom end of this many times and it will not get better, especially under Kevin Warren.

It's a league of o$u, scUM and ped state.

I'm not sure Warren being an incompetent buffoon has a TON of bearing on the B1G officiating, but...

I have a hard time going all in on some big conspiracy with officials in order to advance the greater good of the conference. I just can't buy it. These are real people, human beings, who make mistakes and get out of position sometimes. They are also auditioning for their jobs and careers, some of whom have aspirations to advance to the NFL or at the very least keep their jobs. This is their career and for many of them it took a while to get to this point.

Bad calls happen. As my college coach always said, the breaks always even themselves out. I've always believed that.

As far as respect, BB appears to have lost respect for himself, physically, a good number of years ago

What’s it like actually believing in crap like this? What has Warren done to make the BIG corrupt? I’m a long time season ticket holder of football, basketball, and hockey. I just don’t believe the deck is stacked against us. Stop playing the “little guy” card. It’s an even playing field and we need to step.
What's it like being so naive? How long have you been a fan for? How much of this have you witnessed:

1. Terrible calls against Gophers when playing Kentucky in the Final 4.
2. Refs trying to get McCarville fouled out against Duke in the Elite 8.
3. tOSU DB clearly targeting MBS22 in season-opener last year and knocking him out.

Those 3 just jump out right away, I'm sure some others can add some more.

Clearly the B1G wanted an undefeated Michigan team heading into "the game" and they got it. With both tOSU and Michigan undefeated, and the west so weak, it's virtually a guarantee that the winner of "the game" gets a playoff invite, and getting a team into the CFP is the overall goal for the people running B1G football.

But you do you, Rudy. Keep believin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So one call or were there others?
There were like three more on the same drive! One was a controversial catch, another was PI against Illinois, and another was Michigan QB picking up his own fumble when his knee was on the ground, yet he was allowed to get up and complete a pass.

The refs absolutely did whatever they needed to to make sure Michigan scored on that drive.

Next time, how about watching the game, or at least some highlights, before talking sarcasm to posters with legitimate posts. I know it's far easier to just scroll through and take the opposite side without any thinking whatsoever, and that's what you did, but the board would be a better place if people knew something before posting on here.

I would agree referees are ethical and go into the game without bias at almost all levels.
But, you think 104,000 people and Harbaugh can't intimidate a guy on occasion?
100% home teams can often get the benefit of calls and non calls....just human nature.
Refs joke about getting to their car safely after a game...it's in their head and it results in hesitation with some guys.
Don't know who pays the refs but in high school the home school pays the refs...another subtle factor...you don't want "that conversation" from the guy paying you to pick up your check.
All subtle stuff, it adds up.
Has BB said stuff to refs over the acceptable line today or in prior games? Nobody is supposed to carry grudges but these decisions happen very fast.
Just saying it is human guys reffing...they miss cals innocently and they miss calls due to hesitation stemming from consequences they aren't willing to hear about in the moment.
It's not a perfect science but it is not intentionally corrupt either imo

What's it like being so naive? How long have you been a fan for? How much of this have you witnessed:

1. Terrible calls against Gophers when playing Kentucky in the Final 4.
2. Refs trying to get McCarville fouled out against Duke in the Elite 8.
3. tOSU DB clearly targeting MBS22 in season-opener last year and knocking him out.

Those 3 just jump out right away, I'm sure some others can add some more.

Clearly the B1G wanted an undefeated Michigan team heading into "the game" and they got it. With both tOSU and Michigan undefeated, and the west so weak, it's virtually a guarantee that the winner of "the game" gets a playoff invite, and getting a team into the CFP is the overall goal for the people running B1G football.

But you do you, Rudy. Keep believin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope, sorry I just don’t see any bias. I’m not naive, I’m just not a conspiracy theorist. Your whining is what losers do.

Well, Bret might be right when talking about the big boys, but his defense also routinely gets away with all kinds of illegal contact on receivers.
Belugema's DB's clutch and grab every step down the field. There is a little karma effect here.

Nope, sorry I just don’t see any bias. I’m not naive, I’m just not a conspiracy theorist. Your whining is what losers do.
You don't think college conferences give good officiating to their top teams? Or that the NFL gives it to teams with popular quarterbacks? Or to teams like the Saints after Katrina?

There's WAY too much solid clear evidence that officiating is biased. They can control many outcomes.

You don't think college conferences give good officiating to their top teams? Or that the NFL gives it to teams with popular quarterbacks? Or to teams like the Saints after Katrina?

There's WAY too much solid clear evidence that officiating is biased. They can control many outcomes.
I was going to bring up the Saints too, but for a different reason. Right after the Rams moved back to LA, it was the Rams vs. Saints in the NFC Championship game and wouldn't ya know it, a "bad call" cost the Saints the game and now one of the largest media markets has a team in the Super Bowl. Perfect way to pump up a new franchise in town.

If beatles doesn't think the NFL orchestrated that, then there's no helping him. Let him keep going to games and spending his time and money thinking that the deck isn't stacked.

You don't see it, or you're purposefully not trying to find it because it'll ruin your fandom?

You didn't even answer my question though, did you watch any of those games? It's probably safe to assume you saw tOSU last year, but no idea if you were watching basketball back then.

Did you see Syracuse at Clemson this year? Clemson was #5 and the ACC knows that undefeated Clemson gets into the CFP. Syracuse was taking it to them for 3 quarters, then all of a sudden flags upon flags start getting thrown on Syracuse, none on Clemson. Clemson hits the Syracuse QB out of bounds, no penalty. Clemson hangs on to win.

At least Vince McMahon openly admitted that the results are pre-determined.

I see @BleedGopher is purposefully keeping the lie thread title up, based on a lie Tweet from a non-blue check nobody.

Very lame move, from one of the best posters on GH!

Screen_Shot_2016-06-16_at_10.41.26_PM.0.png

Top Bottom