BREAKING: Elijah Hawkins to transfer

TCU from what I read just now
So a Christian school is bribing away Hawkins for $500K.

God won't let them have success doing stuff like that.

I should also say this in the 'Thinking Outside The Box' thread. Maybe we should form a Christian team with fans like Sister Jean of Loyola Chicago.

looks like he's visiting kentucky early this coming week. His X is still all about the gophers, but i think he added about 200 new followers this weekend

the longer this goes, the more interesting it becomes.

When Hawkins went back into the portal, a lot of people (myself included) thought that meant he had received some type of definite NIL offer from another school through back-channels or tampering.

But - if he is truly entertaining all options - and there was no specific offer - that makes his 180 even more curious. How do you go from "I'm back" to "I'm gone" unless someone promised him he would make more NIL at another school? what was the thought process? curiouser and curiouser.

When Hawkins went back into the portal, a lot of people (myself included) thought that meant he had received some type of definite NIL offer from another school through back-channels or tampering.

But - if he is truly entertaining all options - and there was no specific offer - that makes his 180 even more curious. How do you go from "I'm back" to "I'm gone" unless someone promised him he would make more NIL at another school? what was the thought process? curiouser and curiouser.
Or he's known the whole time and is just stalling so it doesn't look like he knew the whole time

The NIL agents get a cut of the contract I'm sure. What the amount is 10%, 15% who knows but it is in their best interest to get a guy to transfer. I'm sure they are all over guys they think they can make some money on.

The longer he waits, the higher the price can be

The NIL agents get a cut of the contract I'm sure. What the amount is 10%, 15% who knows but it is in their best interest to get a guy to transfer. I'm sure they are all over guys they think they can make some money on.
Parker Fox said 20% is standard. Apparently, Ben has a encouraging a few not to deal with agent on smaller contracts.

I think Jeff Goodman said on Twitter that legit agents are asking 5%. Anything more than that and the agent is trying to fleece you

EDIT: Just found the tweet, he said 5-10%

Not necessarily. Money is getting burned. While there is a lot of NIL dough flying, that money is going to slow down at some point as teams load up. As I have said before, this is the first round. Second round money is less.
Not true, but carry on

Supply and demand. If he is the last high level PG on the market stock rises. See Kstate back that transferred literally yesterday.

Not true, but carry on

Supply and demand. If he is the last high level PG on the market stock rises. See Kstate back that transferred literally yesterday.
Maybe you are right. It just seems like at some point the big boys fill out their rosters and then the smaller money schools step in. Some of what you say is probably true but there is a somewhat finite pool of money as well.

Modern college basketball.

Crazy. Far from a lock there though- they have 5 guys on campus this weekend including Devion Smith - Utah PG. They are looking at a ton of guys and of course- everyone is giving them a look because they are Kentucky.

Not true, but carry on

If he's the last "high level" PG on the market, is he actually "high level"?

So a Christian school is bribing away Hawkins for $500K.

God won't let them have success doing stuff like that.

I should also say this in the 'Thinking Outside The Box' thread. Maybe we should form a Christian team with fans like Sister Jean of Loyola Chicago.

I was just posting what I read at the time on the athletic. Which is apparently wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 49

I think Jeff Goodman said on Twitter that legit agents are asking 5%. Anything more than that and the agent is trying to fleece you

EDIT: Just found the tweet, he said 5-10%
I think the collectives are taking 5-10% too, so the combined agent and collective fees could be 20%.

looks like he's visiting kentucky early this coming week. His X is still all about the gophers, but i think he added about 200 new followers this weekend
If Kentucky is interested in our 3rd-best player (and our 4th-best just got $500K up-front)...we must've had a good team...as I was saying. I was really looking forward to next year. Sweet-16 contender.

Some of you don't recognize when progress is being made. Or realize that everyone returning is huge.

If Kentucky is interested in our 3rd-best player (and our 4th-best just got $500K up-front)...we must've had a good team...as I was saying. I was really looking forward to next year. Sweet-16 contender.

Some of you don't recognize when progress is being made. Or realize that everyone returning is huge.
What we do recognize is that everyone ISN’T returning.

On par with the cfb preseason rankings that had Nebraska winning the west in recent years.

I'd say what you are missing IS IF our players are that good?...than to finish in a tie for bottom four in the conference our coach can't be all that good. Take your pick...it can't be both.

Top Bottom