BREAKING: Elijah Hawkins to transfer

Good lord you are tiring.....You are just making crap up at this point and have made my decision to return you to my ignore list an easy one.
It would be awesome if Gopherhole would publically share the posters who've been put on the ignore list.

Have to assume Mpls would be the runaway leader in the clubhouse...

As I specified in the post, my wild guess was less than 50% for losing any starter. Might be slightly low but guessing it’s nowhere near the 90+% that MVC was implying.

Hawkins wasn’t just any ol starter for us. Proof: what if Hawkins was staying but Mike Mitchell was leaving? (Hate to pick on MM, but it proves the point.)
Maybe it was a typo, but your previous post said 5%, not 50%, and that's what prompted me to reply.

Agree that not all starters are of equal importance, but certainly those I put in my list were roughly equivalent to the Hawkins and/or Payne losses. Some of those guys were on the list of all-conference honors, too.

Good lord you are tiring.....You are just making crap up at this point and have made my decision to return you to my ignore list an easy one.

It would be awesome if Gopherhole would publically share the posters who've been put on the ignore list.

Have to assume Mpls would be the runaway leader in the clubhouse...

C'mon now guys, you are forgetting the purpose of GopherHole.

Wisconsin - Hepburn
Iowa - Perkins

Kind of run of the mill if you ask me, this is even the same position.
Because of 2 schools (3 including us) out of the P6?

I just won’t go along with that, without additional proof.

Maybe it was a typo, but your previous post said 5%, not 50%, and that's what prompted me to reply.

Agree that not all starters are of equal importance, but certainly those I put in my list were roughly equivalent to the Hawkins and/or Payne losses. Some of those guys were on the list of all-conference honors, too.
The 50% was schools losing starters period. The 5% was guys losing someone that sent the fanbase into doom-posting (as Hawkins leaving objectively has done for us).

Even if the latter really was around 50% of P6 schools (I still don’t believe that), it’s still an extraordinary thing that has happened to us.

He was lazy and conflated two completely different things to try to shove down people’s throats that Hawkins leaving is run of the mill. I called him out on it so he put me on ignore. Very honest

to compile info for him
Guy who makes original claim and won’t lift a finger to back it up, accuses the person who is calling him out on that of not lifting a finger to do the work that was supposed to be done by the original claim maker.

The burden was always on you to support your original claim.

It is not by players not connecting with Ben. That’s stupid. It’s happening everywhere - players have their say coaches, parents, and now agents in their ear telling them they will get more money and they go. And, they don’t all get more in the end. It’s happening everywhere in college hoops - Duke has three returning players, Illinois has three returning players, Wisconsin lost their top players.
I don’t think it's an apples to apples comparison. Roach is senior, not good enough for a first round drafting--even in a weaker class. He'll get more PT and more $$ elsewhere.

A solution is to legally separate the teams from the universities. We could still have a conference called the B1G, and a team called the "Minnesota Gophers", but it'd be separate legal entities just paying a licensing fee to the U of M. That way, rules for the league, and enforcement of those rules. could be set just like the NBA, NFL, etc. have rules.
Yes. A lawsuit needs to be filed...suing the schools & players for FRAUD.

They shouldn't be able to wear the school logos on their uniforms. Or call the team by the school name. These are CLEARLY not students. Any jury would see this. They should be forced to become a minor-league pro team.

I'm not really trying to weigh in to the bigger fight going on here, but off the top of my head in the B10, you've got Perkins from Iowa and Omoruyi and Mag at Rutgers leaving for bigger paydays (perhaps other factors at play, too). OSU lost Gayle, Key, and Okpara and Michigan lost McDaniel, but they had coaching changes. Gillis at Purdue was a key rotation player, if not a starter. I'm sure there are others if I looked into it, but if the B10 is typical, it's considerably more than 5% of P5 teams dealing with a lost starter - probably over 50%, if had to guess
I don’t know much but I do know the Gillis situation at Purdue was a matter of roster space. He was going into 5th year and with incoming players, no room in the inn. Wasn’t a rush for money by him.

I don’t know much but I do know the Gillis situation at Purdue was a matter of roster space. He was going into 5th year and with incoming players, no room in the inn. Wasn’t a rush for money by him.
Only guys who played a major role in 23-24 and were expected to play a major role in 24-25 are comparable to us losing Hawkins.

Because of 2 schools (3 including us) out of the P6?

I just won’t go along with that, without additional proof.
All your % are made up, why don’t you prove your numbers first.

Exactly. Why don’t you prove what you’re claiming.

Good luck with that one. Dude was pretending like no teams are losing starters to the portal and demanding someone prove to him that there are more than just 3 teams in college basketball losing a starter. :)

Im not going to do that, of course.

I’m just curious why MNVC is allowed to assert with almost zero evidence and gets to be believed?

Oh well, no worries. I’m done.

Hopefully someone takes up the mantle of being the contrarian. Take care everyone.

Go Gophers!

Guy who makes original claim and won’t lift a finger to back it up, accuses the person who is calling him out on that of not lifting a finger to do the work that was supposed to be done by the original claim maker.

The burden was always on you to support your original claim.
Dude you're not a defense attorney, this is a message board

Im not going to do that, of course.

I’m just curious why MNVC is allowed to assert with almost zero evidence and gets to be believed?

Oh well, no worries. I’m done.

Hopefully someone takes up the mantle of being the contrarian. Take care everyone.

Go Gophers!
Of course your not as that is you MO.

I'm still amazed at the number of people who continue to interact with MPLS
Between him and Pilgrim, all you see is people complaining about them. I cannot understand the force that causes other seemingly normal posters to insist on continuing this. Put them on ignore or just don't respond. The place will be better for everyone.

Between him and Pilgrim, all you see is people complaining about them. I cannot understand the force that causes other seemingly normal posters to insist on continuing this. Put them on ignore or just don't respond. The place will be better for everyone.
It is just so hard not to respond to someone who is so blatantly wrong or off base. I completely agree with your take and I have rectified the mistake I made when I took MPLS off my ignore list.

I'm lost. Aren't we supposed to be celebrating Hawkins' escape from the yoke of Ben Johnson's horrendous coaching and game management? This board is confusing.
It's confusing. Actually, it's nonsensical.

The bottom line with sports fans continues to be, NO MATTER WHAT:

Win and the coach is a genius. Even if he's handed a loaded pre-paid team on a silver platter.

Lose and the coach is a bum. Even if the entire team is bought & bribed-away right out from under him.

Top Bottom