Braun Selected for US 3on3 Trials

Anyone know why USA U23 changed their roster? The U23 team with Van Lith that qualified was good. The replacement U23 team not so much.

As an FYI, Van Lith played for the U24 team that I think is also called the national team. They played in a different tournament earlier this summer and won the gold.

Team USA U18 also won gold. The number of teams is confusing.

Mara Braun of course played for U21:

1694887777737.png

Oh! I previously wrote about Hailey Van Lith's cut back left money move she has milked for years to great success. Here is Mara Braun's version earlier this summer in international competition:

1694888211159.png

Attachments

• 1694887578440.png
    1694887578440.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 2

As an FYI, Van Lith played for the U24 team that I think is also called the national team. They played in a different tournament earlier this summer and won the gold.
Are you sure? The box score from

FIBA 3x3 U23 Nations League 2023 - Americas - Stop 1 Pool A | Jul 24, 2023​

shows Van Lith.

I also don’t see a U24 team on the USA basketball web site.

Are you sure? The box score from

FIBA 3x3 U23 Nations League 2023 - Americas - Stop 1 Pool A | Jul 24, 2023​

shows Van Lith.

I also don’t see a U24 team on the USA basketball web site.

My head explodes.... Is she on more than one team? I believe what you posted AND she already won gold this summer.

Okay! I think I found information:

It looks like both!

1694904462375.png

My head explodes.... Is she on more than one team? I believe what you posted AND she already won gold this summer.

Okay! I think I found information:

It looks like both!

View attachment 27055

I never heard of this. Being on the national team AND a U team the same season.

It must be the freeform vibe of the 3x3 basketball -- and she's a star attraction, the one in the braids who flies around, braids flying.

Team USA U18 also won gold. The number of teams is confusing.

Mara Braun of course played for U21:

View attachment 27046

Oh! I previously wrote about Hailey Van Lith's cut back left money move she has milked for years to great success. Here is Mara Braun's version earlier this summer in international competition:

View attachment 27047

Thanks, it is confusing some. My Cyclones Ashley Joens played on the national team last summer with Lith and I was trying to figure out the U-this and U-that when I saw the news about Braun. Two summers in row that I found myself paying attention to 3x3!

Top Bottom