Brandon Beal

gopherguy06

Reaction score
I know he was not on the trip to USC, but is he out with an injury or what happened? I was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year.

He injured the knee that had surgery. Last report is he will be out for awhile and he may not see the field this Fall.

This has to be really tough for the young man.

Reports were that his knee is improving, so we may still see him on the field this year. They certainly are looking for greater depth at linebacker if they are trying Edwards there. Hopefully Beal can still contribute yet this year.

Why do you need to say that? He has worked hard.

I don't know who the OP is talking about. There is no one (that I'm aware of, at least) named Brandon Beal that currently or previously played/plays for the Gophers.

Jesus, life must be tough being as perfect as you are and having to deal with the rest if us.

What dpo is saying is that the player in question is named Brendan, not Brandon. It has happened on this board too many times to count. So, instead of just correcting the OP, dpo is having some fun with him.

If you'll notice, I harp in particular on misspellings of people's names. I think it's rude and disrespectful to get a person's name wrong.
So sue me.

Believe me, I bite my tongue tons and tons of times. Correcting people's spelling, grammar, math, etc., etc. mistakes on this board would be a full-time job.

If you'll notice, I harp in particular on misspellings of people's names. I think it's rude and disrespectful to get a person's name wrong.
So sue me.

Believe me, I bite my tongue tons and tons of times. Correcting people's spelling, grammar, math, etc., etc. mistakes on this board would be a full-time job.

I bet you can't stand that Pi has yet to be fully determined.

So sue me.

They make medicine that helps with obsessive compulsive disorders. You should look into it.

How many seasons of eligibility will Beal have following this season, assuming he does not play? So much has happened with this kid with his prior injury and transfer that I lose track.

How many seasons of eligibility will Beal have following this season, assuming he does not play? So much has happened with this kid with his prior injury and transfer that I lose track.

He loses a year of eligibility this year whether he plays or not (just as he did last year, even though he could not compete). He will have 2 years of eligibility remaining after this year.

Beal

I watched Beal walk off the field after the NMSU game. His injured leg was heavily taped and I thought he walked a bit stiff legged. I got the impression that at that time, about twelve days ago, that he was not yet ready to play. How fast his injury improves is anyone's guess.

I don't know who the OP is talking about. There is no one (that I'm aware of, at least) named Brandon Beal that currently or previously played/plays for the Gophers.

You're really douching it up again cyber-bully.

Oh man, Brandon Beal - who is that? Never heard of him. That name is not even similar to anyone I've heard of...Who could they be talking about?

You're really douching it up again cyber-bully.

You're right. Clearly, my post was lacking in the number of times railing against the spread of globalism/globalization across the world.

I will try to do better in the future.

So sue me.

Did I spell his name wrong/

One would hope that big enough Gopher fans would know his name is BRENDAN not Brandon, hence the hoopla over it... but w.e.

Here's hoping he come back strong and dominates when he does so Edwards can go back and get MORE touches at RB like he should be getting.

What is it about Edwards 8 carries for 11 yards that you like so much? Not trying to be an @ss, just asking. If he is speedy and athletic at 6'2" 215, I would rather see him move to LB and put on 20lbs over his next 3 years in the program. For years Minnesota has needed athletes on defense and RB is one of the easiest positions to fill on any roster. The move is only logical IMO.

I could use some more touches myself

The kid himself says he prefers Offense because that's what he's most comfortable playing based on it's what HE feels he does best at. What's wrong with have a 6'2" 215lb running back with break away speed? Not a thing. We have a lot of young LBers coming in and it Beal gets healthy.... why need him there?

The kid himself says he prefers Offense because that's what he's most comfortable playing based on it's what HE feels he does best at. What's wrong with have a 6'2" 215lb running back with break away speed? Not a thing. We have a lot of young LBers coming in and it Beal gets healthy.... why need him there?

Not sure where to start or how to approach this, so let's just touch upon a couple of points

Today, Lamonte is the 3rd (quite possibly 4th based on the staff's comments on Wright) best running back on the roster. 3rd and 4th string running backs have little to no impact on game day. This is, of course, barring injury - in which case Lamonte could simply be plugged back into the rotation.

We're currently very thin at LB. If we had to move someone to the position to help depth, I'd probably pick Marqueis and Lamonte. Well Queis ain't moving positions so that leaves us with Lamonte. By his high school coach's estimation, he's able to make more of an impact on defense than offense. And by the way, Beau Labore knows his sh*t, especially when it comes to playing linebacker. The dude wore a fu manchu mustache on his way to being a two time All-American linebacker, albeit at the D3 level.

Our coaching staff wants to win now. Yes, we are building for tomorrow, but not in a way that sacrifices wins today. Missing reps at running back is not as important as say, missing reps at QB in order to play garbage time WR.

They want Lamonte on the field

You're right. Clearly, my post was lacking in the number of times railing against the spread of globalism/globalization across the world.

I will try to do better in the future.

Spread of globalism across the world? Is this opposed to the confined spread of globalism?

Okay, so I tried it, and I guess picking out little typos and grammar errors just isnt' much fun. Say hi to Ben Beal for me.

Top Bottom