Braelon Allen, you've been PUNKED!

Yeah, he was also getting smashed in the backfield.

Was he beat up? I'm sure. But he was fine coming into the game and our DL punked their OL all game. That's why they couldn't run.
Not like we weren't dealing with injured running backs too...

Yeah people coming hard at you like you are Jim Kleinsasser has to hurt the shins, knees and ankles. Great tackling game!

From watching previous games, I'd guess Allen was at best 60% healthy. After rolling his ankle early in the game, I'd guess he was 40% at best. Chryst's decision to keep him in the game was mind boggling but then again he also was gonna punt down 2 scores with like 4 minutes left. Speaks volumes about the bad coaching or lack of trust in the depth behind Allen. The defense was swarming, but Allen couldn't even cut on his ankles. Ultimately, doesn't matter if he was 100% or 0%. You beat who is in front of you.

From watching previous games, I'd guess Allen was at best 60% healthy. After rolling his ankle early in the game, I'd guess he was 40% at best. Chryst's decision to keep him in the game was mind boggling but then again he also was gonna punt down 2 scores with like 4 minutes left. Speaks volumes about the bad coaching or lack of trust in the depth behind Allen. The defense was swarming, but Allen couldn't even cut on his ankles. Ultimately, doesn't matter if he was 100% or 0%. You beat who is in front of you.
Badger fan, eh?

lol. If he was that bad you think UW doesn’t have a backup? BTW, Ibrahim was 0% healthy. Potts, 0% healthy.

lol. If he was that bad you think UW doesn’t have a backup? BTW, Ibrahim was 0% healthy. Potts, 0% healthy.
Bryce Williams 0% healthy.... Ky Thomas played a chunk of the season with an injury too.

Badger fan, eh?
I am. What he said is accurate regarding the injury, regardless of fandom. Allen had been playing through some sort of leg injury for many weeks but had retained his ability to cut hard. That was entirely missing last weekend.

This is not to diminish Minnesota's defense. Even with a healthy Allen they may very well have won due to being super aggressive, assignment-sure, swarmlike and sticky tacklers. Plus the DB who can pull the ball away from a WR. They looked great Saturday.

Give me a break. if you follow me.
I am. What he said is accurate regarding the injury, regardless of fandom. Allen had been playing through some sort of leg injury for many weeks but had retained his ability to cut hard. That was entirely missing last weekend.

This is not to diminish Minnesota's defense. Even with a healthy Allen they may very well have won due to being super aggressive, assignment-sure, swarmlike and sticky tacklers. Plus the DB who can pull the ball away from a WR. They looked great Saturday.

He was cutting just fine, and I just rewatched the first half. He apparently got a little nicked up with a helmet to his ankle in the second quarter but it didn’t look too bad. He wasn’t limping around, slow to get up. I have no idea what you guys are seeing.

The MN defense was pretty good this year. I know that’s hard to believe. Wisconsin wasn’t able to run it like usual on MN‘s defensive front.

Yeah he had plays where 3 guys were on him in a step… healthy or hurt you’re done.

Again, he was sooooooo injured, and Wisconsin, the supposed bastion of running backs, had no backup that could play over a 17 year old freshman kid that no one knew could ever be an offensive player, much less a stud running back, and he was sooooo injured. Got it.

Fire Chryst for not having a backup RB?

Injuries, backups, and playing through are a part of the game. Cherry picking is ludicrous.

Injuries, backups, and playing through are a part of the game. Cherry picking is ludicrous.
It was the 12th game of the season. Half the players on the field at any one time were less than 100%.

CAB was far less than 100% for pretty much the entire season and he's arguably just as critical to the Gophers offense as Allen is to Wisky's offense

Again, he was sooooooo injured, and Wisconsin, the supposed bastion of running backs, had no backup that could play over a 17 year old freshman kid that no one knew could ever be an offensive player, much less a stud running back, and he was sooooo injured. Got it.

Fire Chryst for not having a backup RB?
Lmfao. The kid got 2nd team all conference as a 17 year old who didn't start until halfway through their season and only did because of injuries in front of him. Apparently if players don't do well vs Minnesota teams they also are no longer talented? Give the defense some credit. I love how pointing out someone being obviously injured means you're a fan of a different team. You sound like you're 8. Soooooooo I'll leave this be now, since it apparently was me ripping the defensive effort of a top 10 defense that held Wisconsin to what was likely their lowest rushing total of the year.

Top Bottom