BRAEDEN CARRINGTON A GOPHER!!

So we get one of the top recruits in the state and all you can do is criticize his “ranking” based upon old reports from people who do not actually watch these guys play?

Get a fricking life!

This is a very good player and at least let people enjoy the commitment before you guys got to try and tear it down.
I’m not sure what ranking you’re referring to. He’s not even ranked. The article by GH “thinks” he’s the 6th best MN player at least. Rivals nor 247 have him ranked.

have a drink

So we get one of the top recruits in the state and all you can do is criticize his “ranking” based upon old reports from people who do not actually watch these guys play?

Get a fricking life!

This is a very good player and at least let people enjoy the commitment before you guys got to try and tear it down.
The first thing i think of is how wonderful for the young man and his family. Second is for Ben and his coaches. No matter the ranking. they wanted him and he wanted to be at Minnesota. Could be a life maker for the young man.

The first thing i think of is how wonderful for the young man and his family. Second is for Ben and his coaches. No matter the ranking. they wanted him and he wanted to be at Minnesota. Could be a life maker for the young man.
Third, he has a pretty offensive game. It'll be fun watching him play for the good guys.

Tre, Heide, King, Payne...who am I missing that would be the other player ranked possibly ahead of Braeden?
As a college prospect ready to contribute as a freshman I believe the Gopher staff value Carrington as #1 or #2 along side of Hollaman. Those 2 have been Bens priority early in his tenure

Third, he has a pretty offensive game. It'll be fun watching him play for the good guys.
And those that are rankings centric. 247 would have to bump him up hundreds of spots to get to a 4 star. Ben very likely has him rated as a 4 star for fit in his evaluation. That is all that will matter , Ben's eval for now and then his development.247 does not have him as top 10 in the state as far as i know.

Okay, we need him to reclassify and suit up for the Gophers this winter
Why? This winter we need a couple bigs. I can wait to watch him in high school this year and join the dream team next summer.

And those that are rankings centric. 247 would have to bump him up hundreds of spots to get to a 4 star. Ben very likely has him rated as a 4 star for fit in his evaluation. That is all that will matter , Ben's eval for now and then his development.247 does not have him as top 10 in the state as far as i know.
He is simply not rated so when he is rated he won't move up spots he will appear at his spot. 247 doesn't have anyone ranked that hasn't been rated. Whatever he is rated I am glad he is a gopher!

He is simply not rated so when he is rated he won't move up spots he will appear at his spot. 247 doesn't have anyone ranked that hasn't been rated. Whatever he is rated I am glad he is a gopher!
Same with Pharrel Payne.

If people are worried about Carrington not being rated yet, keep in mind that Payne hasn't been rated yet either. IMO, Payne is the 2nd best player in the state (and closing).

Nice pickup! Johnson is building his team!

The rankings don’t matter anyways. If the guy can play, he can play. Carrington is a very good player and he will contribute nicely to our program. He would absolutely be in my top 5 MN recruits for 2022.

The rankings don’t matter anyways. If the guy can play, he can play. Carrington is a very good player and he will contribute nicely to our program. He would absolutely be in my top 5 MN recruits for 2022.
It's such a deep class, there is like 10 people in my top 5.

I'm pretty high on Olo-Joseph too. The Park Center vs. Osseo games are on Youtube from last year (Olo-Joseph vs. Carrington).

Carrington is just a really natural basketball player. Good ball handler, natural scorer, smooth, nice shot, doesn't really force anything. Olo-Joseph is kind of a freaky athletic player. He is long and big. He might have the length to play PF.

Get a fricking life!

Settle down my friend, I'm very pumped about this commitment. I was simply wondering who else people considered to be in the "top 6" in the state. Glad we got Carrington!

I'm not worried in least what his ranking is

What I know is he was one of the top priorities for Ben and staff and was a priority over Watson who is higher rated (since he's actually rated), they put effort and time and built relationship and got him to stay home

I don't expect us to keep Tyus and matthew hurts (i do think right circumstances one might chose to stay, never know), we need more guys like Gabe, Oturu, and now Braeden to stay home.

I think program like MN is better off getting guys that will be here 4 years over 1-2 then go pro....

Settle down my friend, I'm very pumped about this commitment. I was simply wondering who else people considered to be in the "top 6" in the state. Glad we got Carrington!
Sorry, I must be a little sensitive from all of the negativity around on this board. I ignore the clown you were responding to so I may have taken it out of context.

Sorry, I must be a little sensitive from all of the negativity around on this board. I ignore the clown you were responding to so I may have taken it out of context.
Gee whiz, that’s just terrible. I looked this up for you, high blood pressure from anger is not healthy. Just want you to be your best self :)

GopherHole Q&A: Carrington Details Gophers Commitment and Pride for Minnesota!

Gopher Hole: You committed to Minnesota. What was the main reason that you decided that homestate school was the right fit for you?

Braeden Carrington: It was nothing like any other school. From the head coach to every assistant coach, they were always showing the same amount of love. Not every school was doing that, so to me, it was just special that every coach was showing me the same type of love that the head coach was. It’s the hometown school, so that just added onto the decision and when I walked into Williams Arena on my visit Tuesday and I thought “This is beautiful and I could see myself playing here for however many years, 4, 2, whatever.

GopherHole: You are the first high school player to commit to new head coach Ben Johnson. Is that a special feeling knowing that you are the first commit that he got?

Braeden Carrington: They have been saying that they want to build around me and I’m like the foundation for high school players. If they see me come in, they might think Ben Johnson can really win here, really start a good team and have a good future here.”

GopherHole: You are also the first Minnesota commit from the state as well. Does that make it even more special since Coach Johnson has made getting the top local players to stay home a priority?

Braeden Carrington: Yes. He definitely made me a priority. It’s nice knowing that he is really trying to focus on getting Minnesota kids. Once he can lock down a few, he can go outstate and try to get more. It just shows that he really loves the state and he is starting to show love and giving back to his old team. It’s nice because you have the whole city behind your back. I had fans texting me, so it’s nice knowing that everybody thinks it’s a good decision too, not just me.

Full Q&A here: https://gopherhole.com/carrington-details-gophers-commitment-and-pride-for-minnesota/

Top Bottom