Boy's State Tournament

His coach said in todays pioneer press that he is going JUCO route because he doesn't have the grades. Says every big time JUCO school has contacted him. Apparently going D1 out of high school isn't even an option for him or being considered.

I find that hard to believe he cant go D1 because of grades...
I have heard that all the top JUCO's are interested, but they are hoping on a star he doesn't get more D1 offers.
I heard Missouri State offered him, but many schools are interested.
The kids a stud he will be fine and end up in a good school for him.

Are you talking about Zach Lofton who was 1 of 6 from three point land, only had 2 steals, 1 assist and 6 turnovers? Is the boxscore off?

Coleman had 29 and 9 boards. Granted he also had 3 turnovers to no assists.

He was off lucky he was cuz this broad woulda lit up if he was on...31 points and yea theres always a lot that doesn't show up in the box score good game Joe good game CH and good luck to both of you

I find that hard to believe he cant go D1 because of grades...
I have heard that all the top JUCO's are interested, but they are hoping on a star he doesn't get more D1 offers.
I heard Missouri State offered him, but many schools are interested.
The kids a stud he will be fine and end up in a good school for him.

I was just happy to see his mother didn't run on the floor during the NP game.

I was very impressed with Zach Stahl. Nice all around basketball player.

He was off lucky he was cuz this broad woulda lit up if he was on...31 points and yea theres always a lot that doesn't show up in the box score good game Joe good game CH and good luck to both of you

You should really use proper grammar and formatting. I can't understand half of what you say.

I was just happy to see his mother didn't run on the floor during the NP game.

Why not? could've been an interesting sight...
I'm sure if he would of been sucker punched again she would have.
How did this come up now? did i miss the memo?

Well, the lunacy of Championship Saturday starts with #1 and undefeated Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa being knocked off by #8 Springfield 70-58 in the Class A title game.

Why not? could've been an interesting sight...
I'm sure if he would of been sucker punched again she would have.
How did this come up now? did i miss the memo?

And the excuse for Lofton storming off the court and being taken off the all tourney team? Who's fault was that again?

That's why the U isn't interesting in Lofton. Actions just like today.

And the excuse for Lofton storming off the court and being taken off the all tourney team? Who's fault was that again?

That's why the U isn't interesting in Lofton. Actions just like today.

No excuse, he got robbed.
Interest is very high from big ten school champ.

Ummm, no. He was removed from the team for running to the locker room immediately after the final horn sounded, and needing to be forcefully cajoled back to the floor to get his medal. I have both press releases (the one sent around with 2 minutes and change to go, and the other circulated after the medal ceremony).

As for the 4A title game, this one is almost over. Eden Prairie shot 64.7% in the first half, yet were down by 4 at the break. Hopkins on a 14-2 run coming out of the half, 46-30 with 11:20 to go. I thought EP had the horsepower to hang with them.

Richard Coffey is horrible as a color analyst. My god. Thank god he didn't get the gopher job. Had to laugh on Thursday when EP beat the Osseo Oreos.

Painful. I'm assuming he is doing it for free. Put Trent Tucker on the mike. Then we could talk about the basketball going in the basket...but at least it wouldn't hurt my ears.

Shout out to all the Champs. good job guys, u deserve it.
Hopkins, Orono, Perham, Springfield.
Shout out to the best team and Player in Columbia Heights History.
enjoy it fellas.

Richard Coffey is horrible as a color analyst. My god. Thank god he didn't get the gopher job. Had to laugh on Thursday when EP beat the Osseo Oreos.

Painful. I'm assuming he is doing it for free. Put Trent Tucker on the mike. Then we could talk about the basketball going in the basket...but at least it wouldn't hurt my ears.

What baffles me is that they had Trent Tucker doing pre/post game stuff. Literally the best local color commentary guy who has even called professional basketball games doing everything but color commentary for the games.

Top Bottom