boxing

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Manny obviously wasn't Manny anymore but Ugas looked really impressive. I actually thought he beat Shawn Porter too. Ugas is a really tough fight for anyone. He'd make a fun consolation prize if Spence/Crawford doesn't happen.

I was definitely pulling for Ugas because I just wanted Manny (and his payday) out of the equation to try to push a Spence/Crawford fight. The paycheck that comes from fighting Manny was just too much for anyone to ignore.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Manny had an amazing career. Now, we'll see if he can win outside of the ring as he contemplates a bid for the Presidency of the Philippines.

As far as boxing, it's nuts how many good fighters there are now in that range from welterweight to middleweight. The fight I probably most want to see is still Caleb Plant and Canelo Alvarez, but Jamel Herring and Shakur Stevenson in October could be fun.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Manny had an amazing career. Now, we'll see if he can win outside of the ring as he contemplates a bid for the Presidency of the Philippines.

As far as boxing, it's nuts how many good fighters there are now in that range from welterweight to middleweight. The fight I probably most want to see is still Caleb Plant and Canelo Alvarez, but Jamel Herring and Shakur Stevenson in October could be fun.
Yeah, Crawford and Porter should be a lot of fun too.

Frankly, if Crawford and Spence don't fight, I'll be livid. It just doesn't make any sense. That's the fight to make one of them a household name.

I almost understood the Manny and Floyd dilemma. Manny was a superstar that had virtually no shot at beating Floyd. Manny could continue being a massive PPV draw and not lose the luster of being worked by Floyd. Manny was already a household name and already making a ton on PPV. What's the financial incentive?

For Spence and Crawford? That win would make the winner a legitimate PPV superstar (IMO). It needs to happen.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Yeah, Crawford and Porter should be a lot of fun too.

Frankly, if Crawford and Spence don't fight, I'll be livid. It just doesn't make any sense. That's the fight to make one of them a household name.

I almost understood the Manny and Floyd dilemma. Manny was a superstar that had virtually no shot at beating Floyd. Manny could continue being a massive PPV draw and not lose the luster of being worked by Floyd. Manny was already a household name and already making a ton on PPV. What's the financial incentive?

For Spence and Crawford? That win would make the winner a legitimate PPV superstar (IMO). It needs to happen.

I am on the fence for Wilder and Fury III. I'm a cheap-skate, but I am really tempted to shell out for the pay-per view on that card. Some interesting heavyweight bouts on the undercard. By a remarkable coincidence.....FS1 put on PBC fight cards on Saturday and Sunday night - and in between every fight, they're hyping Wilder-Fury. (BTW, there was an absolutely atrocious decision in one of the bouts on Saturday. Featherweight bout with two younger undefeated fighters- Elon DeJesus pounded Rajon Chance and knocked him down, but the judges ruled it a majority draw. The guys calling the fight went nuts....)

as far as Bud Crawford, I agree. he has to start taking on the top names or he is going to tarnish his own legacy if it looks like he's trying to duck any real challengers.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I am on the fence for Wilder and Fury III. I'm a cheap-skate, but I am really tempted to shell out for the pay-per view on that card. Some interesting heavyweight bouts on the undercard. By a remarkable coincidence.....FS1 put on PBC fight cards on Saturday and Sunday night - and in between every fight, they're hyping Wilder-Fury. (BTW, there was an absolutely atrocious decision in one of the bouts on Saturday. Featherweight bout with two younger undefeated fighters- Elon DeJesus pounded Rajon Chance and knocked him down, but the judges ruled it a majority draw. The guys calling the fight went nuts....)

as far as Bud Crawford, I agree. he has to start taking on the top names or he is going to tarnish his own legacy if it looks like he's trying to duck any real challengers.
Yeah, I'll buy Wilder and Fury III. The first one was an amazing fight and the second one was one of the best boxing performances I've seen. I don't know if we'll see a heavyweight move like Tyson Fury again, the guys fights like an enormous middle weight. For me, we'll get to either see a great fight in the puncher vs. boxer mold, or we'll get to see another performance that should put Fury in consideration as one of the great HW fighters.

Yeah, I saw that fight. It was absolute robbery.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
Dan kolman likes boxing. I love it when tiny dudes who are 5’6” love watching ufc and boxing.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Holy Bleep. Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant got into a fight at the press conference for their upcoming bout. Alvarez says Plant called him a "motherf'er." Plant responded by accusing Alvarez of using performance-enhancing drugs. Alvarez shoved Plant, Plant swung at Alvarez, and all heck broke loose. Video on ESPN website.

These guys really do not like each other. This fight could be ugly, or it could be an all-time classic.

Top Bottom