Board is frustrating to post on because of constant refreshes.

WAGopher

Reaction score
While trying to post the page is refreshing, wiping out what was already typed. It happens so often that it is not fun participating on my iPhone.

Also, it looks like the boards software has not been updated since 2021, as indicated by the ZenForo copyright date at the bottom of each page. There could be a bug fix that addresses this issue in the updates since 2021.

It has not refreshed while writing this post, but it happens all the time on the Football, Basketball and Off Topic boards.

Hey there!

I just updated the software, we can see if it hopefully helps some things. Zenforo hasn't had a major update since 2021, the new 2.3 version comes out this year. I did the minor update

We are looking into the other issues. Thanks WAGopher :)

Thanks for bringing this up @WAGopher, I figured it was just me because I use Firefox Focus on my phone which I assume few if any others do.

Doesn’t happen on my computer (Firefox Private mode) just on phone.

Been about the last week or two?

Hey there!

I just updated the software, we can see if it hopefully helps some things. Zenforo hasn't had a major update since 2021, the new 2.3 version comes out this year. I did the minor update

We are looking into the other issues. Thanks WAGopher :)
Thank you for looking into this. The refreshing while replying is still happening. Hopefully, the 2.3 update will help.

Refreshing still happening for me too.

@jdonna there is one “ad” at the bottom of the page for “Sports Grid” that started popping up for me fairly recently. I’m using Firefox Focus which stops all ads dead in the water, so it actually makes me think it’s not an ad at all in the normal sense. Maybe some kind of embedded video?? I’m wondering if that has something to do with the refreshes. Might be worth checking out?

Still happening to me as of today. I’m on an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 17.3.1.

Pretty strong odds a 4-5 sentence post gets wiped out before finishing and posting.

Anyone else having an issue posting to a threat in the 60 second refresh window? Wasn’t always like that.

Anyone else having this?

I use an iPhone and ipad to post. In the process of writing posts, my screen will automatically refresh and wipe out what I was preparing to post. With existing threads, I can get back what I wrote if I refresh the screen myself again.

I will get screen refreshes every minute or so making it very difficult to post anything over a couple sentences. I’m on my fourth try of posting a new thread on this one b/c I can’t get that back like I can on an existing thread.

It is making posting on GH nearly impossible. Anyone have a solution?

Anyone else having this?

I use an iPhone and ipad to post. In the process of writing posts, my screen will automatically refresh and wipe out what I was preparing to post. With existing threads, I can get back what I wrote if I refresh the screen myself again.

I will get screen refreshes every minute or so making it very difficult to post anything over a couple sentences. I’m on my fourth try of posting a new thread on this one b/c I can’t get that back like I can on an existing thread.

If it's nearly impossible now, I shudder to think what "very easy" might look like

54fh67H.png

Anyone else having this?

This has never happened to me and I use my IPhone

Anyone else having this?

I have this issue on the iphone.

it happens to me constantly as well and yes, I do use Safari on an iPhone.....:unsure:
Thanks for the reply. Had this more frequently awhile back, then It went away for a bit.

Now it’s returned with a vengeance. Maybe its a setting changed via last update?

I have the issue on my iphone as well. It gets very slow when trying to type and then will give an error message and reload automatically. I assumed it was my phone because I have an old iphone 8. Maybe it's related to older iphones?

One thing I've figured out is when it reloads by itself, hit reload again and whatever you were typing will show back up so you can at least continue where you were.

I have the issue on my iphone as well. It gets very slow when trying to type and then will give an error message and reload automatically. I assumed it was my phone because I have an old iphone 8. Maybe it's related to older iphones?

One thing I've figured out is when it reloads by itself, hit reload again and whatever you were typing will show back up so you can at least continue where you were.
Yeah, that is what I do. But between the page jumping as it loads or refreshes and this issue, it’s getting frustrating to post at all.

My wife is the IT person in our house and she hates when I’m posting on GH b/c I’m not listening to her when she speaks, so not going to get help there. 🙂

Top Bottom