Blind Impressions

So what if you are not ranked in November. It gets you nothing in March as Tubby's teams have proven multiple times. It's really not a hard concept to understand.

You are just being stubborn and making yourself look bad. No one claimed that being ranked or not being ranked accomplishes anything at the end of the season. All anyone has said is that being ranked in November is better than not being ranked in November. Period. Nothing less, nothing more. Time to let it go.

My bad on the "only ranked once" reference. Completely forgot about the other two times. I was just thinking of the time after beating UNC and WVU. Man it's been a long time. Here's to hoping this time lasts much longer.

What the people claiming the Gophers shouldn't be ranked are forgetting is that there have to be 25 teams in top 25. If there aren't 25 better teams they are ranked. These tend to be the same people that claim none of the six or seven bubble teams clinging for life on selection sunday will get in, even though that would leave teams that do make the tournament without first round opponents.

And does being ranked matter for basketball reasons? Of course not. This isn't the BCS. What it does do is get the Gophers on sportscenter regardless of who they are playing, gets them mentioned more frequently in the media, gets casual fans to take notice, gets more butts in seats, and makes recruiting easier. So does it matter? Of course.

What the people claiming the Gophers shouldn't be ranked are forgetting is that there have to be 25 teams in top 25. If there aren't 25 better teams they are ranked. These tend to be the same people that claim none of the six or seven bubble teams clinging for life on selection sunday will get in, even though that would leave teams that do make the tournament without first round opponents.

And does being ranked matter for basketball reasons? Of course not. This isn't the BCS. What it does do is get the Gophers on sportscenter regardless of who they are playing, gets them mentioned more frequently in the media, gets casual fans to take notice, gets more butts in seats, and makes recruiting easier. So does it matter? Of course.

Haha, that reminds me of a post, I think it was last season, when a poster said that a Michigan State team that was ranked #9 or so at the time was "borderline top 25." Someone else replied "if it were up to you, there would only be 10 teams in the top 25." If three teams drop out this week, three teams have to replace them, and we were first in line at the beginning of this week, hopefully Colorado, Illinois, and Georgetown don't all jump us.

Don't you sycophants know that you have to choose whether you want to be ranked in November or March? Obviously, you can't be ranked in both November and March. Of the two, I'd rather be ranked in March. Why can't you losers see that? I'm smart, and you should all aspire to be more like me.

Don't you sycophants know that you have to choose whether you want to be ranked in November or March? Obviously, you can't be ranked in both November and March. Of the two, I'd rather be ranked in March. Why can't you losers see that? I'm smart, and you should all aspire to be more like me.

So what if team is ranked or not ranked in November. Being ranked in November gets you nothing in March as Tubby's teams have proven multiple times. Which is what I said to begin with.

It's really not a hard concept to understand.

Dude, nobody is saying that being ranked now gets you some sort of a free-pass to the sweet sixteen come March. If they did, please post the statement and I will retract what I am about to say below.

You can argue whether or not being ranked in November is somehow relevant to how well your season will end up.

What you cannot argue in any way, shape, or form, is that not being ranked is better than being ranked. Period. End of story. End of discussion. Can we please get back to the basketball forum now?

Top Bottom