Bishop in the transfer portal

LOL at WKU. That's where he transferred here from, isn't it?

Would think Louisville and Brohm, unless he doesn't think he'd get to play there.

Beginning to hate Louisville.
Institution-wise they were (maybe still are) like Mankato State, located in a fairly large metro wi no pro sports and the state’s public flagship P5 an hour+ drive away.

But athletics-wise, they had Papa John’s and Yum Brands money poured into the department, dump trucks at a time, to bootstrap it into the P5.

Institution-wise they were (maybe still are) like Mankato State, located in a fairly large metro wi no pro sports and the state’s public flagship P5 an hour+ drive away.

But athletics-wise, they had Papa John’s and Yum Brands money poured into the department, dump trucks at a time, to bootstrap it into the P5.
I didn't think i'd ever see anyone compare Louisville to Mankato. Louisville is a really cool city with almost 700K people.

I didn't think i'd ever see anyone compare Louisville to Mankato. Louisville is a really cool city with almost 700K people.
Louisville has a little more athletic history than this guy will admit, for some reason I can't figure out. I'm 49, and I have a memory of them being good to really good in football and basketball on more than a couple occasions.

Louisville has a little more athletic history than this guy will admit, for some reason I can't figure out. I'm 49, and I have a memory of them being good to really good in football and basketball on more than a couple occasions.
Nah, I'm well aware of their men's basketball history under Crum and Pitino.

They're nothing special as an institution, is what I was pointing out. But yes they've had top notch basketball for a long time. More recently were upjumped in football, with help of pizza money.

What a racket the portal is. Now we look to the portal to find two new guys? Ridiculous.

You consider Louisville to be in the greater midwest?
I personally consider it the same as Cincinnati. Both on the northern border of Kentucky.

I-64 is perhaps a reasonable-ish southern border for the Midwest.

I’d agree. Although over the past few years I’d take the gophers over the last 20 they’ve been a better FB program for sure. Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl and finished the season ranked a bunch of times.

I’d agree. Although over the past few years I’d take the gophers over the last 20 they’ve been a better FB program for sure. Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl and finished the season ranked a bunch of times.
2013 might've been their most talented team, but because they lost one game to UCF (granted, another crazy talented team that year): they didn't win the conference (no conf champ game back then) and they got dropped down to the Russell Athletic Bowl against a meh Miami team and smoked them. Ended up ranked only #15. Such is the life outside the P confs.

(UCF that year went to the Fiesta Bowl as the top G5, and beat Baylor. O'Leary's 10th year at UCF ... crazy that he resigned middle of the season two years later)

Moving from America's 3rd happiest state to the least happy state. Hope he's happy there.

Did Ryan Stapp play anywhere this year?

Top Bottom