Big Ten Tournament cancelled

Really no reason not to cancel since they already were refunding tickets and I'm sure the TV money isn't going back.

This will be a good year to suck. No Big Ten tourney and I’m guessing no NCAA.

Very interesting that the only conference that looks like it is going to play today (Big East) is in NYC and the closest of any of the conference sites to the biggest outbreak of the COVID-19

Very interesting that the only conference that looks like it is going to play today (Big East) is in NYC and the closest of any of the conference sites to the biggest outbreak of the COVID-19
They could cancel at any time. After the current game, even

Sports in general are supposed to be fun and a diversion. Right now they aren't, for fans and players.

I look forward to whenever they are again, be it in weeks, months or years.

Golf is the perfect sport to keep alive through all of this. No contact, "social distancing" easily maintained, outdoors. I just hope we can keep something, though I understand there's greater problems at hand.
Have you been watching me golf? I sometimes think the only "distance" is because I hit every tree, on every course, every shot. Shankapatomas!!!!!

They started early (east coast). Chances are they shut it down after this first game. Hell....I wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down at halftime.

Have you been watching me golf? I sometimes think the only "distance" is because I hit every tree, on every course, every shot. Shankapatomas!!!!!

Good point on golf! Should be cheap rates this coming spring!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...en-sec-american-cancel-conference-tournaments

"
The Power 5 leagues -- the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Pac-12 -- all canceled their conference tournaments on Thursday.

Also announcing that their tournaments would not be played were the American, Atlantic 10, Conference USA, MAC and WAC.

The Big East continued its tournament Thursday, with St. John's and Creighton playing their quarterfinal matchup.

"

Good look Big East ...

Figured it was too good to be true with everything that's been getting shut down for the pros. I guarantee the Gophers were on their way to an auto bid and a historic run in the NCAA tournament ;)
It will forever be legend now.

BGA has a post already typed up and saved, ready to be copied and pasted as needed. "B1G tourney run if..." and "3 of 4 NCAA tournaments if..."
Gopherbbdude will do BGA one better and say he "considers it 4 of 4 NCAA tournament bids".

As for the NCAAs- my wish is that they would test all of the players and the refs and play the games-no fans of course, not even families. It would be great entertainment to get the nation through the next month, which is going to be rough on a lot of people.

As for the NCAAs- my wish is that they would test all of the players and the refs and play the games-no fans of course, not even families. It would be great entertainment to get the nation through the next month, which is going to be rough on a lot of people.
This is a nice thought ... but I think at this point, the players, coaches, etc. simply will refuse to show up. You can't force people to play.

NCAAs, Test all the players, no refs, call your own fouls, contested calls must be proved by coaches from the three pt line.. managers keep the scorebooks and run the scoreboards. Student television runs the feed and the commentary.

Mayor Bill De Blasio (sp?) has said that Broadway shows will continue to play. The Big Apple is open for business!

A 2nd Jazz player tested positive and apparently Golbert (sp) wasn't taking it seriously and touching all reporters mics etc. and stuff in the locker room. Oy.

Top Bottom