Big Ten to modify officiating on onside kicks.

Agree. Both feet need to be behind the line at the kick. Then it would be easily reviewable.
It should be judged on where the feet are and not where the head, torso, or arms are. To me, it's like the receiving rule in the NFL where both feet have to be on one side of the line to be legal. Nice to see the review at least upheld the Gophers' viewpoint.

Minnesota teams getting screwed and causing a rule change is a long tradition.

2008: Twins lose a coin flip vs White Sox and have to play on the road in game 163 despite beating them in season series. Rule gets changed

2009: Phil Cuzzie calls Joe Mauer's double 2 feet inside the line in the play-offs a foul ball. MLB gets replay.

2010: Vikings get screwed in OT of NFC Championship game. Rule gets changed.
That Phil Cuzzi call send me over the edge. After stewing about it all night I looked up the number to the commissioners office and left a drunken tirade of a voicemail for Bud Selig at 2 in the morning demanding to know how a guy from Jersey gets assigned to a Yankees playoff game and asking for a full transparent investigation into Cuzzi’s finances.

I never got a call back from him.

More LIES.

They're just pacifying the sheep with words. The refs are told to help the big-paying schools or whoever the powers-that-be want to win.

Minnesota teams getting screwed and causing a rule change is a long tradition.

2008: Twins lose a coin flip vs White Sox and have to play on the road in game 163 despite beating them in season series. Rule gets changed

2009: Phil Cuzzie calls Joe Mauer's double 2 feet inside the line in the play-offs a foul ball. MLB gets replay.

2010: Vikings get screwed in OT of NFC Championship game. Rule gets changed.
I am old and have seen a lot of terrible calls against a lot of different teams, but the Cuzzi call stands out as probably the worst. Simply jaw-dropping.

More LIES.

They're just pacifying the sheep with words. The refs are told to help the big-paying schools or whoever the powers-that-be want to win.
While I can't prove a damn thing, I've always felt that sports are bound to be corrupt. WAY too much money in play.

Top Bottom