Big Ten to announce new division names, logo today at 11:00 cst

Terrible. Leaders and Legands? WTF?

Just go East / West and be done with it. For Cripes Sake.

I thought it was pretty well established that the divisions were not drawn up geographically. Wisky and Michigan would have had to switch spots.

Maturi was here

These ridiculously bad division names clearly indicate that Maturi was intimately involved in the process.

These ridiculously bad division names clearly indicate that Maturi was intimately involved in the process.

Oh come on...I want a new AD too but this is ridiculous. I want a pony. Should I blame him when I don't get one for Christmas?

Here is the logo. No embedded '2'...

207636063.jpg

Doesn't it look like they could have embedded a 2 in the "Ten" part of the logo?

The G vaguely resembles a 0. We don't need to imbed a 10 in it, that's already there with the word "TEN". Embedding the 11 in the prior logo was clever. I would have either embedded a 12 or not embedded anything.

Legends and Leaders? Sounds like a roleplaying game. Will the football now be called a Magic Missile?

Count me in the "likes the division names" camp. It's unique and references the history and tradition of the big ten members as well as the academic standing of the conference.

Oh come on...I want a new AD too but this is ridiculous. I want a pony. Should I blame him when I don't get one for Christmas?

Calm down. Do we need to interpret all posts for you:

I think the names are silly, so someone with Maturi-like skills must have picked them.

The division names are just corny as hell. dungeons and dragons anyone?

The new division names are like finding out that the hot girl who's digging you is actually a dude.

The G vaguely resembles a 0. We don't need to imbed a 10 in it, that's already there with the word "TEN". Embedding the 11 in the prior logo was clever. I would have either embedded a 12 or not embedded anything.

Legends and Leaders? Sounds like a roleplaying game. Will the football now be called a Magic Missile?

The B10 logo is going to be used in applications alone, most likely the jerseys instead of B10 Ten, this is why they embedded the 10.

Am I alone in the camp that doesn't really care? The trophy names are all named after 2 people trying to involve everyone, sound pretty political to me.

East and west is better. My guess is that the Big Ten felt that they had made such a buildup about it that it would be a letdown to name them East and West. And yes, I realize that it isn't totally east-west, but it is sufficiently east-west for East and West to be the best names. Legends and Leaders sounds phony, like a bottom tier bowl game that doesn't have a proper name, just a corporate name, like the K-Mart Bowl.

They are artificial names. They could have reversed the names, and it would have made no difference. That tells you how meaningless it is. Don't get me wrong, I'll be as happy as anyone when we hoist a Legends Division banner at TCF. I just don't like the name one bit.

Okay, maybe not that bad. But close.

What are all the trophy names? Can't watch at work.

Calm down. Do we need to interpret all posts for you:

I think the names are silly, so someone with Maturi-like skills must have picked them.

And you didn't use the phrase "Maturi-like" the first time why? Cause there really wasn't any way to interpret your first post to include that since you, ya know, definitively named him.

They named the ROTY trophy after Antwaan Randle-El...

Sportscenter: "Legends and Leaders division, that'll take some time"

They felt they had to stick Woody and Bo in there, but I think it would have made more sense to have Fielding Yost's name on that trophy.

I personally think they should have named the Humanitarian trophy after Hayes. :D

The logo isn't terrible. Not great either, it's just boring enough that I can't feel very strongly about it one way or the other. As for everything else, it seems like Delaney might have left the decisions in the hands of his eight year old grandson.

Legends and Leaders? At least the Gophers are in the slightly less lame of the two.

The trophy names? Ugh. Either name them after nobody, or have the balls to name them after one player.

Adding Nebraska to the Big Ten was great, but every part of the rebranding effort since that announcement has been a ridiculous bumble*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

The logo isn't terrible. Not great either, it's just boring enough that I can't feel very strongly about it one way or the other. As for everything else, it seems like Delaney might have left the decisions in the hands of his eight year old grandson.

Legends and Leaders? At least the Gophers are in the slightly less lame of the two.

The trophy names? Ugh. Either name them after nobody, or have the balls to name them after one player.

Adding Nebraska to the Big Ten was great, but every part of the rebranding effort since that announcement has been a ridiculous bumble*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

I agree with all of this. Especially about the fact that we are in the division with the better name.

Logo: Graphic Design 101
Division names: Lame
Trophy names: TO WORDY, sounds like a corporate sponsored something without taking in the money.

Top Bottom