Big Ten to announce new division names, logo today at 11:00 cst

Haha, will new divisions have their own logos? :)

This thread is beginning to sound like the comic strip Get Fuzzy.

Dope is gonna be the New Big Ten logo?

Awesome....the Big 10 West Skunk Buds vs. The Big 10 East Midnight Munchies. New logo to be a replica of Cheech's profile. Sweet!!!

I think he means the new logo is dope.

I'll be in class, can someone update this thread w/ the announcements please?

Any guesses what the new divisions will be called? I think Plains and Lakes would make a lot of sense.

One division should be called "Black & Blue"
The other divsion should be called "Cloud of Dust"

Plains and Lakes do not make sense. Only one state (Nebraska) is considered a Great Plains State. Only Two of the Big Ten States (Nebraska and Iowa) do not border a Great Lake. Michigan and Wisconsin have the most Great Lakes shoreline of any of the Big Ten states. But they are in different divisions, so one of them must be in the Plains division. If you put Michigan in the Lakes division, that means Wisconsin is in the Plains division, and Nebraska and Iowa are in the Lakes division, which is absurd. Putting Wisconsin in the Lakes division means that Michigan is in the Plains division, which is absurd, Michigan has a ridiculous length of Great Lakes shoreline.

Isn't Black and Blue really more of an old NFC thing? To show that the Big Ten is truly fortunate to have such storied programs join their ranks, the divisions will be known as Big Ten Paterno and Big Ten Osborne.

Isn't Black and Blue really more of an old NFC thing? To show that the Big Ten is truly fortunate to have such storied programs join their ranks, the divisions will be known as Big Ten Paterno and Big Ten Osborne.

No divisions named after people. Unless they are Gopher legends, of course. But elevating two programs over the others, no thanks.

No divisions named after people. Unless they are Gopher legends, of course. But elevating two programs over the others, no thanks.

This is the challenge for the conference. You really can't pick specific people from certain schools.

More recent new logos like the PAC 10 and the MAC are better...

Here is the logo. No embedded '2'...

207636063.jpg

I don't care for it, it looks rather generic. The "I" in "BIG" looks more like a 1, I'm not sure what that is supposed to signify. But I can live with it.

Legends Division and Leaders Division.

Weak.

Gophers are in the Legends.

I don't care for it, it looks rather generic. The "I" in "BIG" looks more like a 1, I'm not sure what that is supposed to signify. But I can live with it.

The I and the G are supposed to be able to be interpreted as 1 and 0 (for Ten)

It sounded like the I and G are supposed to be reminiscent of the number 10 in deference to the history of having ten teams.

Divisions are Legends and Leaders.

Gophs are in Legends division

The "I" is a 1. The G resembles a 0 (zero)

Terrible. Leaders and Legands? WTF?

Just go East / West and be done with it. For Cripes Sake.

Can Michigan still say they're the "Leaders and Best" now"?

Top Bottom