Big Ten Schedule released tomorrow

With the absolute craziness of this year and the unknown with how this plays out, I don't think it would be fair to any team that loses more than expected. If the Gophers go 0-9 this year, I don't think it's fair to bad mouth Fleck, the players or anyone associated with the program. I don't expect them to go 0-9 but I think every team gets a pass for this tear, as long as there is effort. And I'm not calling you out for saying disappointed as what you said is a fair term. We would be disappointed. But being pissed or mad if they go 5-4 or 0-9 is not fair, in my opinion.

I think PJF has earned a leash extension after 2019, come what may. The Sanford Experiment, defensive turnover, and so on.

Allowing embarkation/debarkation of leisure/spuriously necessary business flights and extended close quarter interaction: ok.
Social distancing outdoors: too risky.
No shit. I sincerely hope there's a concerted effort on the part of some Gopher fans to tailgate without officially "tailgating" as per what they don't want to allow. Flood the area around the stadium in any available parking spot, open the trunk, turn on some music, throw the football around, have something to drink, etc. If I lived there I would make every effort. At the very least I hope some fans are making an effort to patronize some of those small businesses near the stadium, around campus. Can't let those businesses die off if at all possible

The clear short straw is Nebraska who has both Ohio St and Penn St and will face 5 teams who won at least 10 games last year.

Ohio State seems to have it easiest. Not only do they not have to face themselves, but get Nebraska and Illinois from the West. They should be 20+ favorites in 5-6 of their games.

Purdue also has a soft draw with Indiana and Rutgers. Watch for them.
Nebraska could easily start 0-6.

Allowing embarkation/debarkation of leisure/spuriously necessary business flights and extended close quarter interaction: ok.
Always gotta hunt for something to pretend to be the victim of.

Getting Big Ten football isn’t enough.

No shit. I sincerely hope there's a concerted effort on the part of some Gopher fans to tailgate without officially "tailgating" as per what they don't want to allow. Flood the area around the stadium in any available parking spot, open the trunk, turn on some music, throw the football around, have something to drink, etc. If I lived there I would make every effort. At the very least I hope some fans are making an effort to patronize some of those small businesses near the stadium, around campus. Can't let those businesses die off if at all possible
Cheap talk.

Always gotta hunt for something to pretend to be the victim of.

Getting Big Ten football isn’t enough.

If it were sound business decision, eg too few attendees to break even, that would be one thing, but that’s probably not the case.

I don’t think it’s outrageous to ask for a scientific explanation of the decision, or the overall dissonance vs validated observations of official state, county, municipal policies...

I’d guess there are tens of thousands willing to take on the minuscule risk of a wind blown droplet or sputum particle dropping into their mouths or eyes while they cheer on their Gophers. It may be riskier to walk the streets of Mpls?

If it were sound business decision, eg too few attendees to break even, that would be one thing, but that’s probably not the case.

I don’t think it’s outrageous to ask for a scientific explanation of the decision, or the overall dissonance vs validated observations of official state, county, municipal policies...

I’d guess there are tens of thousands willing to take on the minuscule risk of a wind blown droplet or sputum particle dropping into their mouths or eyes while they cheer on their Gophers. It may be riskier to walk the streets of Mpls?
Welp, too bad. Ask all you want, you ain't getting an answer. The decision is made and it is final.

You're welcome for getting Big Ten football back.

For the record my buddy has a private jet so we would fly in/out in the most responsible way possible. After all, why fly commercial when you have friends in high places?

Fairgrounds parking is controlled by the U, so that's out. MPRB was ready to pull the plug on the Flats last year, so I don't see them doing anything. Besides, they've got more pressing issues to deal with right now.

Fairgrounds parking is controlled by the U, so that's out. MPRB was ready to pull the plug on the Flats last year, so I don't see them doing anything. Besides, they've got more pressing issues to deal with right now.
Don’t worry about the river flats. You can camp and grill in a park indefinitely. Just instead of wearing gopher stuff claim to be starting an encampment...then they just look the other way for weeks

Urban seems pretty high on the Gophers. When asked what stood out to him about the Week 6 schedule (which also included Mich - PSU), he mentioned the "B1G West Championship" between Wisc and MN. He and others also mentioned Mich drawing the short straw on crossovers vs. MN and Wisc.

It's cool to finally have MN considered a contender and really tough out. I've been waiting my whole life for this!

Did not know that about the fairgrounds, and correct about the flats.

In other words: there will be no organized tailgating this year. People will have to do whatever they can come up with ad-hoc.

Top Bottom