Big Ten Men's Ice Hockey Tournament Bracket Announced

So much better tonight than they were through the first two games of the tournament. No over-passing or getting cute with the puck. Making excellent reads on offense and winning plenty of puck-battles. The guys are locked in.

They can beat absolutely anyone. If they keep playing like this, North Dakota and Co. better watch out. I don't think I've ever seen the Gophers look this fast and precise on an NHL sized rink. They usually look congested and out of sync. Like MUGopher said, this is fun.
It's bigger than an NHL sized rink, but they have been pretty good on NHL sized rinks, too.

Damn. We missed a couple of good chances to go up three. No chance for LaFontaine on that one.

LIke I said the last 2 days.

Survive and advance season.

BIG10 tourney champs

Never imagined the Badgers coming back to make that a game at the end. On to the NCAAs!

Never imagined the Badgers coming back to make that a game at the end. On to the NCAAs!
Gophers had three games in a row including two in overtime. Badgers just played two with one over time game. Personally I believe the Gophers were tiring a bit in the third. Did get a little tough watching them come back though. Yes to the NCAA tournament!

Exciting finish. Does ND not have the same fan restrictions ? It looked like thousands were in attendance .

SCSU put up a good fight. Just had no answer for that early 3rd barrage.

Gophers beating the Badgers was more important. Onwards and upwards to the NCAA Tournament! Hope the Huskies and Gophers don't end up in the same regional.

Certainly a favorable draw for UMN in this proposal:
Bridgeport:
2. Boston College v. 16. AIC (both bus trips)
8. Quinnipiac v. 12. Boston University (both bus trips)

Fargo:
1. North Dakota v. 14. Bemidji State (both bus trips)
6. St. Cloud State v. 11. Lake Superior State (SCSU bus trip, LSSU a flight regardless)

Albany:
3. Minnesota v. 13. Providence (PC bus trip, UMN a flight anywhere but Fargo)
7. Massachusetts v. 10. Michigan (UMASS bus trip, UM a flight regardless)

Loveland:
4. Minnesota State v. 15. Denver/Omaha (Denver/Omaha bus trip, Mankato a flight anywhere but Fargo)
5. Wisconsin v. 9. Minnesota Duluth (UW a flight regardless, UMD a flight anywhere but Fargo)

Congrats Gophs! Started watching in the Big10 tourney and have been fan in the past and was fun hockey to watch.

That was quick and devastating. Huskies got one back, but are still in a one goal hole.

That was a good game though. Doesn't matter much for Cloud from a seeding stand point. But still wanted them to win, and love seeing UND fall.

Top Bottom