Betting line against Illinois?

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
Looking forward to the spread.

I can't say about Minn/Ill, but Maryland opens up a 3.5 point fav over Purdue.

At home I’d imagine the Illini will be favored by 3.

Does Mo play? Is he still limping? He was limping at Michigan State before he sprained his ankle.
Without that info, it is pretty hard to be bullish on the Gophers. It is no longer last year.

I can't say about Minn/Ill, but Maryland opens up a 3.5 point fav over Purdue.
Yeah. If Maryland QB doesn’t turn the ball over I like Maryland. But that’s a 50/50 proposition.
Pick ‘em about right but it’s at Maryland

As for the Illinois line it probably has something to do with how they do against Iowa this week

Sagarin's computer will set the original spread and the betting public will modify it so equal numbers of betters are on each side.

Early line is Minnesota -2 on DK. A lot could change depending on how Illinois looks against Iowa today, so those of you with a strong sense for how good these teams are should jump on it and let us know :)

Early line is Minnesota -2 on DK. A lot could change depending on how Illinois looks against Iowa today, so those of you with a strong sense for how good these teams are should jump on it and let us know :)
I would say with healthy mo and crab gophers are easy pick

With just Mo I would take gophers -5.5 or so.
Without knowing status of Mo I’m not sure I touch the game. Gopher offense isn’t dynamic if the other team doesn’t have to overload box

I would say with healthy mo and crab gophers are easy pick

With just Mo I would take gophers -5.5 or so.
Without knowing status of Mo I’m not sure I touch the game. Gopher offense isn’t dynamic if the other team doesn’t have to overload box
Bringing up a guy who is out for the year is the most Minnesota thing.

Yeah MN -2 and Illini -4 today against Iowa. Connecting the dots there and I’m not sure we are two points better than a team that is four points better than Iowa.

May hedge my emotional investment in the Gophs in this one.

Illini QB just went down. Good for the Golden Gopher as Clem would say

Would be great if he is out next week if they could pull it out this week anyways
watching these 2 teams, it's real tough to guess if one will be a contender. i'd take iowa to win given Ill has already beaten WI

watching these 2 teams, it's real tough to guess if one will be a contender. i'd take iowa to win given Ill has already beaten WI
It’s possible this is the big ten west championship. If Iowa wins, It is also possible both these two teams miss bowls.

Geez, Illinois as a home dog… uhh I’m taking that. Gophers are in for a bit of trouble methinks.

Illinois defensive line could easily wreck us. We may be forced to throw and we'd be in trouble.
Agree. If we are a good team this is a 2 score win. If we are a mediocre team it is a dog fight

Illinois’s aggressive defense an do some real damage if our OLine plays line it did against Purdue. Especially if we don’t have a set of offensive plays installed to exploit overly aggressive defense.

Illinois defensive line could easily wreck us. We may be forced to throw and we'd be in trouble.
They forced us to throw last year. We weren’t up to the task. I will say this for Bert-led Illinois: they won’t beat themselves. That job falls to the Gophers and their coaching staff.

Top Bottom