Better 2020 road game to attend: Nebbie or Becky?

TeeBee

Reaction score
Want to hit one with the family, haven't been to either Neb or WI. I thought I heard Neb home games are sold out through 2050 or something?

Really depends what you want.

We tend to trade wins with neb ... but still more likely a win.

Wisc of course would be a bigger win but less likely than Neb.

100% Wisconsin. The Nebraska game hasn't meant a ton since they moved to the Big Ten. Wisconsin game will or at least could be a decider for the West. Seems as if it has been that way for most of the last 5-6 years anyway.

Nebraska is a great place to just see a game. Fun fans generally and still has that feel of a "spectacle" of college football to me. Wisconsin is a fun place to see a game, but to me not quite at the level of Nebraska.
Now if you're talking meaning of the game as far as importance, its Wisconsin and it isn't close

Nebraska might be a big game, because it's the last game of the year.
Wisconsin will be a big game, because it's midseason, the Axe, and payback.

Want to hit one with the family, haven't been to either Neb or WI. I thought I heard Neb home games are sold out through 2050 or something?

Well, Nebraska "sells" out every game, but you can always get tickets. I've been there twice and neither time tickets were unreasonable

I've been both to Neb and Wi. I much prefer going to Nebraska, but I think Wisconsin would be the bigger game. Wi fans can be dicks. Neb fans are very welcoming

Both stadiums are cramped, Wi more so.

Did just see you said with family; depending on age, Nebraska is much more family friendly personally
Right. I guess I'm not as much concerned with the impending importance of said game--really just want a good family road trip. We did IA this past season and had a great time. Really don't need grown men heckling my 11 yr old SuperGopher daughter. Is WI like that?

Right. I guess I'm not as much concerned with the impending importance of said game--really just want a good family road trip. We did IA this past season and had a great time. Really don't need grown men heckling my 11 yr old SuperGopher daughter. Is WI like that?

I'd like to think they wouldn't heckle a 11 year old, but they are much more crass. During every game student section chants out Eat shit, to which the other side responds Fuck you. I don't think thats a deal breaker for 11 year old ,but it exists. I was peppered with insults my first trip, 2nd trip was much more subdued, but wife did ask me to not wear gopher gear after first trip (I replied I won't let the terrorists win, and wore my gopher gear).

Nebraska was much more sober and friendly.

Based purely on locale and fan interaction, I'd chose lincoln every time

I'd like to think they wouldn't heckle a 11 year old, but they are much more crass. During every game student section chants out Eat shit, to which the other side responds Fuck you. I don't think thats a deal breaker for 11 year old ,but it exists.
Haha, stay classy, WI

I’ll take Who Hates Iowa thx

hm. Nebraska it may be then!

Haha, stay classy, WI

I’ll take Who Hates Iowa thx

hm. Nebraska it may be then!

University of Wi tried to get them to stop. They offered a drawing for each game for a bowl package for 2 (travel/tickets) that the fans didn't chant ES/FU.

They had 0 drawings

Yes, our fans chant who hates iowa, we hate iowa most games (it really pisses off iowa fans) that's a bit tame

then I would definitely go NE. WI won't (aside from your young hammered college kids) heckle a child, but when compared to the courtesy of NE fans, it's no contest. Was thanked multiple times for coming, asked if I needed food or bar recommendations, and asked if I was enjoying my time there multiple times while in NE. While I know it's an N+1, did not get much of that in WI until after the game when people were just drinking and having fun.

University of Wi tried to get them to stop. They offered a drawing for each game for a bowl package for 2 (travel/tickets) that the fans didn't chant ES/FU.

They had 0 drawings

Yes, our fans chant who hates iowa, we hate iowa most games (it really pisses off iowa fans) that's a bit tame
I adore the absurdity of the Who Hates Iowa chant, especially during non Iowa games. haha 0 drawings

I'd like to think they wouldn't heckle a 11 year old, but they are much more crass. During every game student section chants out Eat shit, to which the other side responds Fuck you. I don't think thats a deal breaker for 11 year old ,but it exists. I was peppered with insults my first trip, 2nd trip was much more subdued, but wife did ask me to not wear gopher gear after first trip (I replied I won't let the terrorists win, and wore my gopher gear).

Nebraska was much more sober and friendly.

Based purely on locale and fan interaction, I'd chose lincoln every time

Eh, just block em out. Last time I was in Lincoln I was a 9 year old kicking extra points on the field in summer, but wisconsin doesn't get to me.

I wore M&G sparkle sequins to Kinnick this year. Heckling is overrrated. Bunch of wimps don't want to be hauled away by the police...if they win the fight...

I've brought my family to both locations. Both are good, fun road destinations but in the end I'd recommend Nebraska (although it might be tough weather this year because it is the last game). This is true especially if you want to tailgate.

There are great tailgate options at Nebraska and the people are super-nice. Just a great experience all the way around.

You and your family are much more likely to be heckled at Wisconsin (which may be an issue with family) but the advantage there this year is the potential for better weather and the game is always meaningful.

If you get your tickets through the U, you will get crappy seats at either location (which is par for the course for visiting fans in any B1G stadium).

Really don't need grown men heckling my 11 yr old SuperGopher daughter. Is WI like that?

I once saw wisconsin students chant "Asshole!! Asshole!!" at a guy and his five year-old on their way to the stadium in Madison. If you are looking for family friendly, I'd say Lincoln is a safer bet.

I adore the absurdity of the Who Hates Iowa chant, especially during non Iowa games. haha 0 drawings

I used to roll my eyes at this but now also find it hilarious. It's just tradition at this point.

Nebraska over Wisconsin if you are taking the family. I've never met a nicer fanbase than the Nebraska fans. My group had something like 3 beers bought for us when we were at the bars prior to the game (as 25 year olds). There was one fan heckling us early in the game and the surrounding Nebbie fans told him to shut up. We are doing Wisco this year but I would go back to Nebbie in a heartbeat.

Eh, just block em out. Last time I was in Lincoln I was a 9 year old kicking extra points on the field in summer, but wisconsin doesn't get to me.

I wore M&G sparkle sequins to Kinnick this year. Heckling is overrrated. Bunch of wimps don't want to be hauled away by the police...if they win the fight...

I'm able to block it out but it exists. I'd go back to Camp Randall, I'm now 1-1 there

I once saw wisconsin students chant "Asshole!! Asshole!!" at a guy and his five year-old on their way to the stadium in Madison. If you are looking for family friendly, I'd say Lincoln is a safer bet.

Their bag policy is the worst in the Big Ten. There's porta-johns on the 2nd level (as of 2015-ish) because they can't figure out pipes that flow downwards.

I'm excited about the Wisconsin road trip not falling on Thanksgiving and less excited about Nebraska because it does fall on thanksgiving, that is making the decision for me. It's too bad because I like Nebraska's vibe much better than Wisconsin's for tailgating.

Having been to both places numerous times, I definitely prefer Lincoln over Madison.

If you like to be verbally and physically assaulted, go to Madison. If you want to enjoy yourself at the game go to Nebraska.

Well? Was the kid being an asshole?

Yes, the students will curse. If Eat Shit/Fuck You offends your child's ears then I suggest you go to Nebraska (though I'd be willing to bet your 11-year-old hears worse on the school bus). I wouldn't come to Wisconsin and expect everyone to be creepily nice and demand that you tell them they're the nicest people ever.

Okay, so here’s the way I see it.

I’ve been to Madison twice, Nebraska once.

I loved the experience at Nebraska. Awesome stadium, arguably one of the best out there. It’s really cool to see the “sea of red” walking into the stadium. Their fans are extremely welcoming and there are decent places to eat. Not a whole lot to go see besides the game, but there’s more than there is to see in Madison. They have a couple shopping malls. I don’t recommend going there next season because it’ll be a November 27th game, might be pretty chilly.
If you go to Madison, it’s a more entertaining matchup obviously. It’d be nice to pack their stadium with as many Gopher fans as possible. Me, my wife, my mom, my mother-in-law, and my wife’s stepdad will all be out there in Madison this coming year. Really great energy in that place. I drove out there alone when we won the axe, went down by the field against the railing and got a high five from PJ, touched the axe, slapped some players on the helmet. Awesome time. I also met the team back at athlete’s village immediately after the game to have the post game pep rally and saw that whole “The Axe Is Finally Home” speech. Touched the axe again, band played school rouser and other songs. One of the most memorable moments of my life. Their fans are a lot nicer in their own stadium than when they travel to ours. I still think Nebraska fans were the best as far as places we’ve gone for away games.

for next year since we play Becky earlier in the season, I recommend going to Madison. But next time when we play in Nebraska earlier in the season, I recommend going. It’s a good experience.

we’re trying to go to a road big ten game a year. We started with seeing the Gophers play Mich in the Big House (Gophs got rolled big time), then we went to Nebraska (Gophs got rolled big time there too), then I went to Wisconsin and saw us win the axe back by myself, then this year we went to Iowa (and got our hearts broken). Next year we’re all going to Madison. 2021 I think we’re going to make the trip to Boulder, CO to see the game against Colorado, and then also fit in a road game against either Purdue or Northwestern.

Yeah, WI being earlier in the season, and not over T-day may be the deal breaker here, too. Thanks all for the insight. Any recs on where to sit in Camp Randall?

I've never been to Lincoln but I love traveling to Madison for games and have been to the last three. Then again, I'm a guy in my 20s and the drunken obnoxiousness is part of the appeal. I'd probably feel slightly differently if I had a family with me.

Top Bottom