Best Summer Songs

Is this the 90s music thread?! Is this the summer music thread?! It doesn't matter!!

You ask me what album to throw on for a summer pool party, it's this LP, motherfuckers. Patio A-Go-Go by the Sugar Twins. So rare you can't find the CD anywhere, and even YouTube ain't got it except for this gem.

P.S. I've never seen the video to this song. I like how she has a Lifter Puller t-shirt on.

"Summer" is the opening lyric of this one, which transports me always back to high school as much as any mid80s tune. Still love the video.

The Cars - Magic

When not busy with Wilco, Jeff Tweedy keep himself quite occupied with side projects. TWEEDY is essentially just him with son Spencer on drums.

Summer Noon

I think this is the best from Boston and I have always liked the video. Buffalo Tom with simply Summer.

Bill Janovitz posted on his Instagram page today that Summer is actually an "end of" song, so BUMP.

Ode to summer of '23.

A bit autobiographical and a lot sentimental, every time I hear this song, it's the summer of '90, freshly graduated from high school and I'm packed into a car with my buddies heading towards a road party, following another car full of fellas with one of them somehow conveying to us (pre-cell phone era) to turn the radio dial to the station that was playing this song. *Whew*

Me and my loser friends, you know, we gotta get Aerosmith tickets. Top priority of the summer:

Top Bottom