Ben Johnson is a Disaster

Was in San Antonio for the regionals with my fiance', now wife. Her boss had given her his tickets. 10 rows up, about center-right. I remember the UCLA fans exiting after the Gophers beat Clemson saying "Minnesota Who?" They weren't talking so much after we took them down.

Minnesota fans on the Riverwalk. It was a giant festival!
Huge regrets that we didn't get there for that. We'd been in Kansas City the weekend before but didn't think we could get away for the regional, with work commitments and the like. So short sighted!

And just a reminder, as someone else posted recently, that the last coach beat five ranked teams the year he was fired. It remains steeply uphill to claw ourselves back to that level of accomplishment and relevance.

And he is currently leading a ranked team, at a school with less resources, in his 3rd season, in a league that may have more NCAA tournament teams than the B1G.

Was in San Antonio for the regionals with my fiance', now wife. Her boss had given her his tickets. 10 rows up, about center-right. I remember the UCLA fans exiting after the Gophers beat Clemson saying "Minnesota Who?" They weren't talking so much after we took them down.

Minnesota fans on the Riverwalk. It was a giant festival!
Yeah, we were there too. Center court for two great games. And three days nonstop party on the Riverwalk! As a lifelong Gopher BB fan and alum who went to all the home games and some of the road games for 30+ years, it was the absolute best! Nothing else even compares. Unforgettable.

Sadly we came home a week later after one game in Indy, and it’s been all downhill from there. But it was a great run and lots of fun!

Yeah, we were there too. Center court for two great games. And three days nonstop party on the Riverwalk! As a lifelong Gopher BB fan and alum who went to all the home games and some of the road games for 30+ years, it was the absolute best! Nothing else even compares. Unforgettable.

Sadly we came home a week later after one game in Indy, and it’s been all downhill from there. But it was a great run and lots of fun!
I was there too, driving 18 hours from the Cities with my buddies. The games were legendary, the partying non-stop and the food and weather were incredible. I'll never forget going down there, those were some of the best sporting events I've ever watched (and I was at Games 6 and 7 in the '91 Series). THAT is what I want Gophers fans to experience again, but we have to hold the powers that be to account for creating a program that's set up for success.

I have no idea how anyone can honestly say with a straight face that Ben should be coaching the Gophers.
That could have been said--and was said--the day he was hired. Hearing that news when it broke is still one of the most shocking things I've ever experienced.

You must lead a charmed life.
I mean, it wasn't like the 35W bridge or my dad dying--which happened within five weeks of each other--but there are some sports things that shock you, admit it or not. When Ganglegate broke, when Korey Stringer died: those were shocking news. Similar to the news of the academic scandal, I was overcome by an overwhelming feeling of doom when they confirmed it was going to be Ben.

I mean, it wasn't like the 35W bridge or my dad dying--which happened within five weeks of each other--but there are some sports things that shock you, admit it or not. When Ganglegate broke, when Korey Stringer died: those were shocking news. Similar to the news of the academic scandal, I was overcome by an overwhelming feeling of doom when they confirmed it was going to be Ben.
I probably mentioned this at some point in the thread but my initial reaction was, "why the hell are they hiring an assistant before the head coach?".

Did something go wrong? Tech issues? Very quiet here! (asking for a friend)

Tell your friends Mn fans are overjoyed at winning a road game against perhaps the worst team in the conference. That might help them understand.

Tell your friends Mn fans are overjoyed at winning a road game against perhaps the worst team in the conference. That might help them understand.
Will do that, also will mention there was about a 27% chance of that occurring on the road!

I admit I'm surprised with the W.

I still think it takes more than a W at PSU to change the tide.

With that said, it was a nice comeback win for 'em.
I know what woulda shoulda coulda is, but if mitchels little 10 footer had rolled 6” either way against WI this is a different season. Perfectly designed missed FT play. The effort is always there!

So, you’ve been against him from the beginning, before he even coached one game. At least you’re honest about your bias.

I know what woulda shoulda coulda is, but if mitchels little 10 footer had rolled 6” either way against WI this is a different season. Perfectly designed missed FT play. The effort is always there!
This program is full of woulda coulda shouldas to their core. Win the game for a change and this has value. Stop being the little brother in every interaction.

What does that say about the team to the East then?
Because Wisconsin lost to them? I guess when you're in 1st place and ranked 13th, and have a long history of making the NCAA tournament, you have a little more rope to lose a clunker than when you're 10-38 trying to get to a 4th year.

Ok. You're here for a popularity contest. Got it. Makes sense as your bb takes aren't great.
LOL! Yes, I am lonely and need friends. Would you please come and sit by me during a game?

(Actually, you may not be aware of this, but on a forum such as this the “like” button is used to indicate when you agree with a post, not to indicate popularity of the poster.). You are funny, though!

Because Wisconsin lost to them? I guess when you're in 1st place and ranked 13th, and have a long history of making the NCAA tournament, you have a little more rope to lose a clunker than when you're 10-38 trying to get to a 4th year.
It also makes you a target for every other teams beat

LOL! Yes, I am lonely and need friends. Would you please come and sit by me during a game?

(Actually, you may not be aware of this, but on a forum such as this the “like” button is used to indicate when you agree with a post, not to indicate popularity of the poster.). You are funny, though!
Barn, Your buddy here is a GH internet expert who has been on GH less than 60 days. Please bow to is awesomeness. Fairly sure Go4POV will end up with the ROCK on the ignore list.

Top Bottom