Ben Johnson is a Disaster

Which is why we are not elite
False. We had a HOF coach here and he was mediocre in the conference, getting to the dance once, maybe twice.
Clem was closest to creating a sustainable program, but his kids let someone else do their school work.

False. We had a HOF coach here and he was mediocre in the conference, getting to the dance once, maybe twice.
Clem was closest to creating a sustainable program, but his kids let someone else do their school work.
Tubby is only HOF because Rick Pitino went to NBA and left a juggernaut at Kentucky. He slowly turned that into a sinking ship then didn’t really do anything at the U.

Indeed
Should Tubby still be coaching the Gophers?
No. He made 3 NCAAs but he was visibly tired out of coaching and he never got the Gophers above 500 in the Big Ten. He was adequate but there was most certainly no future.

If we don't beat Nebraska at home, I don't see a W on the schedule

This season is going to be an absolute disaster no doubts about it. We are very very bad, that said most every night a decent team loses to an atrocious one. Heck even MD who is solid got their doors blown off vs MI. we will probably stumble into 1 team playing worse than us on a given night.

This season is going to be an absolute disaster no doubts about it. We are very very bad, that said most every night a decent team loses to an atrocious one. Heck even MD who is solid got their doors blown off vs MI. we will probably stumble into 1 team playing worse than us on a given night.
Agreed. This team looks bad, but to go 0-20 or 1-19 would be outrageously bad because, as you said, upsets happen every night. We can't possibly be so bad that we don't pull off a few of them in a 20 game season.

Agreed. This team looks bad, but to go 0-20 or 1-19 would be outrageously bad because, as you said, upsets happen every night. We can't possibly be so bad that we don't pull off a few of them in a 20 game season.
We won't. 0-20 it is. I can hear my father-in-law, a Hawkeye fan, laughing at how miserable our basketball and football programs are. BTW: He will keep including football because PJ can't beat Ferentz.

And people said there wouldn't be an important game played at the Barn this year. Buckle up, fans; it's Big Game Saturday!

And people said there wouldn't be an important game played at the Barn this year. Buckle up, fans; it's Big Game Saturday!
Nebraska has an awful offense as well. First to 40 may win

We won't. 0-20 it is. I can hear my father-in-law, a Hawkeye fan, laughing at how miserable our basketball and football programs are. BTW: He will keep including football because PJ can't beat Ferentz.
And yet there is Hawkeye basketball, opher in the conference season just like us at the present time.

@Ogee Oglethorpe , my complaint is that many of you don't take in to account the circumstances of last year and the consequent rebuild. You all want an instant fix and then you go all "Karen" on the team when it doesn't happen exactly as you want it to happen. The rest of us are standing in line while all you "Karen's" keep railing on the staff. It's tiring to watch you go all "Karen."
Well it is his middle name 😉

How many times in the last 20 years have we beat them on their home floor?

We only lost by 3 to #14 team, out rebounded them substantially and the TOs did us in - tonight is an improvement and the realistic on here get it.

If incremental progress ain’t your thang, then maybe don’t watch for a while?

Last edited:

And yet there is Hawkeye basketball, opher in the conference season just like us at the present time.
Well, some folks don't understand how important college football is to college basketball.

We only lost by 3 to #14 team, out rebounded them substantially and the TOs did us in - tonight is an improvement and the realistically on here get it.

You sound like Vikings fans and their irrational love of Kirk. There is a galaxy of difference between losing 3 point games and winning 3 point games. It's called not embracing mediocrity. It is not making that one more incremental step across the threshold from losing to winning.

You sound like Vikings fans and their irrational love of Kirk. There is a galaxy of difference between losing 3 point games and winning 3 point games. It's called not embracing mediocrity. It is not making that one more incremental step across the threshold from losing to winning.
You sound like a five year old who gets upset when he’s told to pick up his 🧸.

Per Bucky's website Richard, we have beaten them once in Madison, 2019, since 2010 and only 5 times total in that timeframe.

Last edited:

We only lost by 3 to #14 team, out rebounded them substantially and the TOs did us in - tonight is an improvement and the realistic on here get it.

Agree completely. As we were watching I kept think how the youth on this team are figuring out the league is stronger and quicker than anything they have played against. It will take time, but I am seeing the effort and the improvements. The Ws will come.

Agree completely. As we were watching I kept think how the youth on this team are figuring out the league is stronger and quicker than anything they have played against. It will take time, but I am seeing the effort and the improvements. The Ws will come.
Brick by Brick
Row by Row

Players cheated while he peeked through his fingers and said he knew nothing.

a) The Gophers are not going 0-20 or 1-19 or even 2-18, I'd say. I put the o/u at 3.5 B1G wins

b) That said, about 90% of posts about last night's game make comments that are desperately lacking the context of Wahl's absence. For instance, talking about the rebounding edge. Hard to take too much away from it, although the Badgers will suffer from that same lack of depth all year.

Top Bottom