Ben Johnson growing 'a culture of winning' with UMN (video)

We can't do any better is patently false. Coyle might not care about basketball that much, but he's not stupid. And give it time is a joke considering 8-9 of the guys on the roster are seniors with no eligibility left. Time for what? This is an NCAA or bust year and next year will be an almost total rebuild whether it's Ben or a new coach.

Even if Coyle only cares about $$, there's no financial incentive to keep Ben if they fail to make the NCAAs this year. His buyout will be minimal and fan interest/tickets will be at an all-time low.
OF COURSE we COULD do better. We could contend for Final Fours. But our administration will never allow this.

I always hated how they hamstrung & sabotaged us. And still do. But I can't blame them for not paying huge money to the students...that goes 100% against my ethics.

That's fair. However, you have three audiences:

Coyle- who it appears can be satisfied by fogging a mirror
The players- who probably are happy with low expectations
The fans- who are rapidly losing interest in paying for the product because their own expectations are so low.

Make me expect SOMETHING! Tell me that we are determined to have a defensive identity. Tell me that we are going to surprise in the Big Ten this year. Make me imagine that I am a customer that you want to buy the product. Or else don't expect that the fans will be there to build a rabid home court advantage to help the team win.

I have held season tickets since the 1980s and I didn't buy them this year. I'll go to some games. I will watch them all on TV, but I am tired of not competing and being told to be happy about it.
Well...reality is that there is no hope.

Except...this all-seniors strategy is at least worth a look. I am interested in how it goes. We'll probably get an idea very early on.

Oil being made, coral reef regrowing and BeJo creating a winning culture.

Three things I don’t expect to happen in my lifetime.
Substitute BeJo with any coach here and I agree with you.

2 NCAA wins in 27 years...and now hamstrung even further by players & recruits taking money every year...I don't except a contending team in my lifetime.

The U plan re: men’s bball makes 0 sense. Stopped in To post this but logging off….Spaulding is not dead but will be taking a break! Enjoy!
At least before this off-season, there was something to debate. After 3 long years...I was really looking forward to making you eat your words about Ben this coming season.

But now there's officially NOTHING.

I don’t know about the “growing a culture” part… still waiting for the winning part.

Top Bottom