Ben Brust has a meltdown about the state of Badger Football

Furthermore.....Brust was on the basketball team. Got to wonder how his criticsm of the football program ("THEY SUCK!") goes over with other Badgers both former and current.

Well that was fun to watch.

But Wisconsin should still do 8-4 or 9-3 with a decent shot at making the CCG.

Why is someone like that allowed to broadcast for Big 10 basketball? Completely unprofessional.

Also Illinois has a decent coach unfortunately. Honestly Chryst is as boring as it gets. Don’t think Leonard will turn them around either.

Why is someone like that allowed to broadcast for Big 10 basketball? Completely unprofessional.

Also Illinois has a decent coach unfortunately. Honestly Chryst is as boring as it gets. Don’t think Leonard will turn them around either.
I would imagine Leonard would be a better recruiter.

How many fans from Wisconsin realize that is really disgusting and embarrassing? Especially, when the guy is a former player on the Wisconsin basketball team? Really moronic behavior.

How many fans from Wisconsin realize that is really disgusting and embarrassing? Especially, when the guy is a former player on the Wisconsin basketball team? Really moronic behavior.
According to the replies and comments, the WI fans agree with him.

Fast forward 10 years to me explaining to my future grandkids why badger fans are so entitled even though they rarely make it to bowl games anymore. "Let me tell you kids a story about a football team called Nebraska."

Well that was fun to watch.

But Wisconsin should still do 8-4 or 9-3 with a decent shot at making the CCG.
I think that’s what his frustration really is (despite just turning into a “we suck” rant). Wisconsin has seen the talent gap between them and the top tier of teams year after year against Ohio State in the CCG, and fans are getting frustrated that the team seems content to just stick with their old formula of targeting 3* recruits and coaching them up. They’ve had one really good quarterback in that entire span, despite having really good players everywhere else. Yeah, that’s given them consistent winning football for a couple of decades now, but they’re at their ceiling at 8-10 win seasons unless they change something. A lot of fanbases would be thrilled by that, but at some point you either make the next step or resign yourself to “pretty good” forever.

I think that’s what his frustration really is (despite just turning into a “we suck” rant). Wisconsin has seen the talent gap between them and the top tier of teams year after year against Ohio State in the CCG, and fans are getting frustrated that the team seems content to just stick with their old formula of targeting 3* recruits and coaching them up. They’ve had one really good quarterback in that entire span, despite having really good players everywhere else. Yeah, that’s given them consistent winning football for a couple of decades now, but they’re at their ceiling at 8-10 win seasons unless they change something. A lot of fanbases would be thrilled by that, but at some point you either make the next step or resign yourself to “pretty good” forever.
Scott Frost is available if they are looking for a new coach.

Scott Frost is available if they are looking for a new coach.
Funnily enough, it is very reminiscent of the opinion of Nebraska fans with Pelini. Too focused on where they “should” be, and not realizing just how much worse it can get.

I couldn’t make it through that.

I remember why I don’t listen to radio.
I honestly don't even know what to say about that. You could go at it from a number of different levels. The phrase "dumpster fire" or "grease fire" comes to mind, watching that clown blow his top.

Safe to say what you see here is the culmination of frustration after seeing so many teams that had the chance to do something on a national level and fell on their face every time.

#NOTAHELMETSCHOOL

This is a classic meltdown of someone that's had it really easy (being a Badgers fan) and when things get a little tough, act like a child.

It's going to be the same thing once the Packers no longer have a Hall of Fame QB at the helm for the first time in 30 years.

Wisconsin finished with the 3rd highest rated recruiting class in 2021, 5th the year before. They're usually right in the middle of the pack so I'm not sure their recruiting has changed a whole lot.

Top Bottom