Beaver Dam (Wis.) DE Owen Salzwedel Commits to Gophers!

GI has learned that Beaver Dam (Wis.) DE Owen Salzwedel has just commited to #Minnesota.

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI

GI has learned that Beaver Dam (Wis.) DE Owen Salzwedel has just commited to #Minnesota.

I read a tweet I think from Lucas Trickle that he was very impressive at camp. Welcome aboard!

From schools of interest, it looks like someone to coach up a little, but it is still early in the recruiting for the bigger name/helmet/BCS schools.

Reminds me of Drew Goodger. Big, athletic kid who could play End on either side of the ball.

This class is starting to shape up with Alex Mayes, Owen Salzwedel, Keelon Brookins plus Brian Bobek. Now we need a couple of stud linebackers.

Is this a really deep Wisconsin class? Looks like he wasn't in the pre-season WI top 10.

edit: Just realized half of the guys ahead of them on that Rivals list don't even have the MAC offers that Owen does.

Congrats Owen, we are all excited about you bringing your talents to the Gophers!

So we only have like 10 more schollys (at this point)??

He sounds like a sack machine. I like that they had him in camp too. Welcome aboard Owen!!

It appears his high school team's nickname is the Golden Beavers. Some Bemidji-U hybrid haha.

id still like to see a big athletic DT

If he's a legit 6'6" 235 lbs right now, Mr. Salzwedel might be that big athletic DT. A kid that age can really put on weight in a hurry. Lincoln Plsek is over 250 right now (his rivals page has him at 6'3" 235 lbs). Plsek could very well end up a DT as well.

I know nothing about Owen Salzwedel, so he could very well be best served as a college DE or TE, but at 6'6" and already pretty stocky, he could likely throw a lot of weight on.

scout has owen as a de/te but i hope one of these kids can bulk it up..

If he's a legit 6'6" 235 lbs right now, Mr. Salzwedel might be that big athletic DT. A kid that age can really put on weight in a hurry. Lincoln Plsek is over 250 right now (his rivals page has him at 6'3" 235 lbs). Plsek could very well end up a DT as well.

I know nothing about Owen Salzwedel, so he could very well be best served as a college DE or TE, but at 6'6" and already pretty stocky, he could likely throw a lot of weight on.

I'm just guessing, but I doubt he'll be able to add enough weight to become a big DT. FBT writes, "Body type wise, he's more similar to ​Thieren Cockran​ than anyone else on the roster, though his playing style is more Cameron Botticelli​."

Top Bottom