Beau Allen

Reaction score
Beau Allen enjoyed his visit to Minnesota this weekend.

“It was good. It was a lot of fun.. Informative. I got a lot of questions answered, so it went well."

"We had dinner at Brew’s (head coach Tim Brewster) house on Friday night. Saturday, just watched practice and had meetings with the coaches. We went to the basketball game and then had dinner. It was good.”

Allen said that he doesn't have any more visits coming up.

"I do not have any planned right now."

Allen said that he has narrowed his list of schools to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Stanford and hopes to make his college choice soon.

"I’m getting ready to make my decision in the next couple of weeks."

Allen said that there is not one thing that he is looking for in picking his potential landing spot.

"I think it is the right combination of the many things that I am looking for."

Allen said that all the schools have their strength, such as Wisconisn, his mother and fhater's alma mater.

"They had a good year and I think that Coach (Bret) Bielema has his job secured. I don’t think that he is going to go anywhere soon. I think that they have done pretty well."

Allen thinks Notre Dame also has plenty to offer.

"I like the tradition and the good academics stuff, but I want to get to know the coaching staff again, because everyone that I knew was cleared out, so I want to see how that goes."

Allen also likes the hometown school.

"Minnesota is right here. Twenty-two miles from my house and TCF is awesome and I really get along with their coaching staff."

Allen feels that Stanford has plenty of strengths.

"It has really good academics and you have to set yourself up for something after football."

Don't expect a big splash when Allen makes his college choice.

"I don’t think so. It’s not really my style. Kind of low-key, I guess

Beau Allen enjoyed his visit to Minnesota this weekend.

“It was good. It was a lot of fun.. Informative. I got a lot of questions answered, so it went well."

"We had dinner at Brew’s (head coach Tim Brewster) house on Friday night. Saturday, just watched practice and had meetings with the coaches. We went to the basketball game and then had dinner. It was good.”

Allen said that he doesn't have any more visits coming up.

"I do not have any planned right now."

Allen said that he has narrowed his list of schools to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Stanford and hopes to make his college choice soon.

"I’m getting ready to make my decision in the next couple of weeks."

Allen said that there is not one thing that he is looking for in picking his potential landing spot.

"I think it is the right combination of the many things that I am looking for."

Allen said that all the schools have their strength, such as Wisconisn, his mother and fhater's alma mater.

"They had a good year and I think that Coach (Bret) Bielema has his job secured. I don’t think that he is going to go anywhere soon. I think that they have done pretty well."

Allen thinks Notre Dame also has plenty to offer.

"I like the tradition and the good academics stuff, but I want to get to know the coaching staff again, because everyone that I knew was cleared out, so I want to see how that goes."

Allen also likes the hometown school.

"Minnesota is right here. Twenty-two miles from my house and TCF is awesome and I really get along with their coaching staff."

Allen feels that Stanford has plenty of strengths.

"It has really good academics and you have to set yourself up for something after football."

Don't expect a big splash when Allen makes his college choice.

"I don’t think so. It’s not really my style. Kind of low-key, I guess

Anyone have an idea on who the frontrunner may be of these schools? If you read into everything I got the impression that Stanford and Wisconsin were numbers one and two in either order followed by us then ND.

My three-year-old nephew told him the other day to "play for the Gophers." He's so cute it could be the deciding factor.

Going off of what I have read, people who know the family it would appear that it was ND all the way earlier, but with Weis and Ianello gone they went into a free fall. UW is a solid lock into 1 or two with like you said, Stanford. He is really enamored with Stanford and like I said in the other post, the extension to Hargaugh has to really help them. The interest in UM seems to be slightly above token. From my impressions he seems like a kid that wants to get away from home and go to a great academic school, hence ND and Stanford.

Losing this kid to Notre Dame or Stanford wouldn't be nearly as bitter losing him to Bucky.

It's obvious where Wisconsin is going with its negative recruiting of Allen.

It would be awesome if we--the Gophers--could land him. I think he's going to be a really good college football player. Ever since the Legania recruiting picked up and his subsequent commitment, I've had the feeling that Brewster and company aren't that confident about him coming here.

His parents are Wisconsin grads (much like Casey Dehn last year), but I don't know if that will be a deciding factor. I've had the feeling since he started talking Stanford in some of the Scout articles that he's really impressed with them. Great school.

Should be interesting and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

funny how he mentioned the job security when he talked about the coach at UW. i think brew not having an extension IS having a negative effect on our recruiting

Job security. There's only one coach that aint two bad years form being gone, or retiring and that's Ferentz. Wiscy's living on fumes. That will start unraveling in 2011.

funny how he mentioned the job security when he talked about the coach at UW. i think brew not having an extension IS having a negative effect on our recruiting

I noticed that right away, and it seems to imply that BB and crew are using Brew's questionable job security against us.

In defense of H. Pete, I think this is what he was referring to as well.

I'm not that high on allen........i'd go legania in a heartbeat

Job security. There's only one coach that aint two bad years form being gone, or retiring and that's Ferentz. Wiscy's living on fumes. That will start unraveling in 2011.

Funny stuff. At least the unraveling is going to start in 2011 now and not 2009 like you predicted. The Badgers get a pass in 2010. Excellent. The 2010 defense is going to be good. They will be young at tackle. The 2011 defense will return 9 starters. Many of them will be three year starters or contributors. They will be a junior and senior dominated defense, which after reading this board, is absolutely critical for success. Those starters will have won in the neighborhood of 18-20 games over the previous two years. I guess the unraveling can start in 2012.

UW does not have to do any negative recruiting when it come to Minny.

We just let little Timmy actions and records speak for Minny.

UW does not have to do any negative recruiting when it come to Minny.

We just let little Timmy actions and records speak for Minny.

Yeah that seemed to work out well for BB last year when he pulled in all of those top end Minnesota recruits. I'm sure BB's actions have nothing to do with that either.

IALTO. I think I saw a statistic that UW was one of the 2 or 3 youngest teams in the country. Those are some young fumes.

Funny stuff. At least the unraveling is going to start in 2011 now and not 2009 like you predicted. The Badgers get a pass in 2010. Excellent. The 2010 defense is going to be good. They will be young at tackle. The 2011 defense will return 9 starters. Many of them will be three year starters or contributors. They will be a junior and senior dominated defense, which after reading this board, is absolutely critical for success. Those starters will have won in the neighborhood of 18-20 games over the previous two years. I guess the unraveling can start in 2012.

2010 is when I said the team strength begins to fall. And it does. You will be close enough though to still maintain your denial that your best days are behind you. Every year you will get closer to your rightful position on the bottom of the big ten. Then all will be right with the world.

Let's not forget that even though Wiscy's team strength favors them this year they are still only four points away from having the same record as the gophers. And your team strength from this point on declines every year while ours rises. That should scare you. And then consider both teams finished exactly where their team strength indicated it would. Enjoy. I know I will.

2010 is when I said the team strength begins to fall. And it does. You will be close enough though to still maintain your denial that your best days are behind you. Every year you will get closer to your rightful position on the bottom of the big ten. Then all will be right with the world.

Let's not forget that even though Wiscy's team strength favors them this year they are still only four points away from having the same record as the gophers. And your team strength from this point on declines every year while ours rises. That should scare you. And then consider both teams finished exactly where their team strength indicated it would. Enjoy. I know I will.

I am terrified. The Badgers are the 5th youngest team in the NCAA in terms of underclassmen on the two deep. That talent drain is really hurting.

I know you don't get this, but I will say it one more time. Once the kid steps on campus, what some internet site ranked the player is meaningless.

Can the kid play? Does he fit in the system? Will he improve? How hard is he going to work? Will he stay eligible? Will he get the proper coaching? Will he get hurt?

Those are the things that matter. Not some silly internet ranking for players.

Anyone can play the 4 points game. Last time I looked, the Badgers did not win 3 games by 1 point, but what do I know. The Gophers could just as easily be 3-9 as 6-6. So what. They are what the are.

Good luck at the Camp next year.

i know you don't want to get this. As soon as your young two deeps get exposed and your on field overall talent is less than your competitions and you have to fight for every win you get, you will soon understand the problems of sub par recruiting. Think Mason. You will be living those ten years we had. good enough to think you've got a shot, but not deep enough for it to ever happen.

I'll give you a clue, if you've got the youngest two deeps in the conference, it probably has more to do with the failures of the classes ahead of them. And thus hope gets plugged in. When they expose themselves another layer of underclassmen get's plugged in. We've lived through this. We know.

Good teams have juniors Seniors, and some sophmores dominating their two deeps. Almost always when younger players dominate it's because of the lack of the upper classmen talent, not the excess of the under classmen talent. But use whatever delusion you need to get you through.

I vote for beating Wisconsin before engaging in internet flame wars?

That's no fun. What the hell good are badger trolls if you can't play with them.

i know you don't want to get this. As soon as your young two deeps get exposed and your on field overall talent is less than your competitions and you have to fight for every win you get, you will soon understand the problems of sub par recruiting. Think Mason. You will be living those ten years we had. good enough to think you've got a shot, but not deep enough for it to ever happen.

I'll give you a clue, if you've got the youngest two deeps in the conference, it probably has more to do with the failures of the classes ahead of them. And thus hope gets plugged in. When they expose themselves another layer of underclassmen get's plugged in. We've lived through this. We know.

Good teams have juniors Seniors, and some sophmores dominating their two deeps. Almost always when younger players dominate it's because of the lack of the upper classmen talent, not the excess of the under classmen talent. But use whatever delusion you need to get you through.

Ok, here you go. Explain the talent drain that is coming.

Rivals Rankings for Wisconsin since 2002.

2002 50
2003 40
2004 39
2005 33
2006 42
2007 34
2008 41
2009 43.

I may be an idiot, but those look really similar to me. The 2007 class, which are redsirt freshman or sophomores now is the "best" and I use that term loosely of the last 8 classes.

So, no talent drain yet. If you think there is a big differnce between the 33rd and the 43rd ranked class, then I don't know what to say. There is no point in arguing.

I vote for beating Wisconsin before engaging in internet flame wars?

I'm willing to make a deal. You stop posting until we win the Rose Bowl? Maybe try not to be so grumpy, like our guests?

Ok, here you go. Explain the talent drain that is coming.

Rivals Rankings for Wisconsin since 2002.

2002 50
2003 40
2004 39
2005 33
2006 42
2007 34
2008 41
2009 43.

I may be an idiot, but those look really similar to me. The 2007 class, which are redsirt freshman or sophomores now is the "best" and I use that term loosely of the last 8 classes.

So, no talent drain yet. If you think there is a big differnce between the 33rd and the 43rd ranked class, then I don't know what to say. There is no point in arguing.

You are right. There is no point in arguing. So go back to the becky board. You are a waste of space and our time.

Hayo is gonna dominate Wisconsin next year.

Argument over.

Top Bottom