Be honest!!!

If Fleck held on to win last year I wonder how much less obsessed the board would be with Bert. Way too much credit put into a three year stretch.

Bielema at Illinois: 22-19, 13-15 in the B1G

Fleck at Minnesota: 52-36, 29-33 in the B1G.

Fleck is probably slightly better with the better overall record, but Big Ten record is almost identical.

Exactly. There is no money on the scale of the helmet schools. Minnesota does NOT have a billionaire benefactor. Seriously, MN along with Purdue, NW, and some others will not be part of the first tier of college football once this is all played out.
Actually we do - Denny Sanford

Bielema at Illinois: 22-19, 13-15 in the B1G

Fleck at Minnesota: 52-36, 29-33 in the B1G.

Fleck is probably slightly better with the better overall record, but Big Ten record is almost identical.
The peaks matter. A coach that goes 2-11 and then 11-2 accomplished more than one that goes 6-7 and 7-6.

The peaks matter. A coach that goes 2-11 and then 11-2 accomplished more than one that goes 6-7 and 7-6.
I'm a Fleck guy, but was just trying to be somewhat objective. I have zero interest in Bert as our coach.

Not ignoring but that was 12+ years ago. He's had 8 full seasons as a head coach since he left Wisconsin. The results of those 8 seasons have not been better than what Fleck has done at MN.

And if we're going to include that, then we also need to look at what Fleck did at W Michigan.

We’re getting pretty deep into the cherry tree here.

OK, going forward we have a level playing field and head to head opportunities to prove/disprove everyone’s opinions on program trajectories and coaching excellence . They are recruiting at similar overall levels, have fully installed their own players and staff culture etc. May the best man/man and a half win.

He's been donating a lot of $ to Dakota State University lately.

Link

Nothing would make his stone heart warmer than unveiling his big money donation for the new Sanford Gophers at the University of Sanford, in Sanford, Minnesota.

Top Bottom