Be honest!!!

I was at PJ's radio show this week. Room is full of big time donors. They all have fever and it rubs off. Privately they say he is a good coach but does not have the players. It is their money that is talking so I have to agree. Plus one of them picked up my tab.
Fever to win? Then show me the money

I was at PJ's radio show this week. Room is full of big time donors. They all have fever and it rubs off. Privately they say he is a good coach but does not have the players. It is their money that is talking so I have to agree. Plus one of them picked up my tab.

PJ is responsible for recruiting the players. And we are in the ballpark with the majority of the B1G to pay players, including Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, etc

I wondered about that too. And they said "close the boarder", but it is not like we have much to protect. I know they are dropping coin but it takes a lot of coin.
Are they talking about not letting instate recruits go elsewhere? If there's one thing Fleck has done really well with, it's in-state recruiting.

Bielema recruits at about the same ranking as PJ. He has better game prep and in game coaching. I like PJ, but it is frustrating to see him regularly outcoached in games in which nominal talent is essentially equal. Since Ciarocca left our offense doesn’t seem to put defenses in stressful decision situations.

Yes.

Analogy: I hated Brett Favre because he was a Packer but wished the Vikings had a QB like him, then loved it when he came to MN.
The difference is Favre had a recent history of being a much better QB than what the Vikings had. In the past 9 full seasons as a head coach, Bielema has had a conference winning record 2 times.

Bielema recruits at about the same ranking as PJ. He has better game prep and in game coaching. I like PJ, but it is frustrating to see him regularly outcoached in games in which nominal talent is essentially equal. Since Ciarocca left our offense doesn’t seem to put defenses in stressful decision situations.
If they recruit at the same level but Bielema is better at prep and in game coaching, you'd think he'd have seen better results in recent years than Fleck's teams.

Is that like…$20 a month, or what was the number to get in the room

Our offense is constantly putting our defense in stressful decision situations, particularly in the second half🤣

Explain Arkansas.
That is a tough one to explain. It seems like every time we played Wisconsin and now Illinois the teams are exactly the same... tough football players who play hard. If I would have to explain Arkansas, I think it would be his teams just weren't good enough to compete with Alabama, LSU, Auburn, etc. To be honest, I am basing my opinion off of his games vs. the Gophers, which may not be fair!

I wouldn't mind watching that on every Saturday out of my favorite team.

Explain Arkansas.

Arkansas is a middling program in a tough SEC West division with Alabama, Auburn when they were better, LSU. He did ok all things considered but they bounced him out with far less leash than we’ve given our HC. Bielema, like it or not, is a Fry disciple that did extremely well at Wisconsin.

We’ll know more by the end of this year, on trajectory for both coaches.

Top Bottom