BB Ticket Prices <Rant Warning>

Great posts and I totally agree that we are being taken advantage of. Face value on the 2 exhibition games are $35 and the same as the home Wisconsin game? C'mon!!!!!!
At least, for my minds sake, charge me $15 for these two games and spread out the other $20 over the course of the Big Ten schedule. Do they actually think that someone is going to pay $35 to watch either of these games?
And do the same for the non conference games. Put a face value of $25 for these games and charge me the difference over the Big Ten schedule. I understand it's a wash.

The season ticket price for BB this year is $558 (excluding p/h). That equates to $31 per game for 18 games. There are actually 19 games on the schedule, but I believe the 2 exhibition games are counted as 2-for-1. A few years ago they were charging full price for the exhibition games as well. I posted a similar rant (under a different user name) complaining that we were paying full price to what amounts to glorified pickup games (I believe one of the opponents may have been Athletes in Action or something like that). The rant struck a cord with many members of this board and at least one of them said he had forwarded it to Maturi. The very next season the exhibition games were half price (which is still too high). Coincidence? Maybe, but I like to think that common sense complaints occasionally pay off.

By putting a higher face value on the individual tickets ($35 vs $31), the Gopher Athletic Dept can claim that they ARE giving the season ticket holder a price break - it sure doesn't feel like it to me when compared to what other B10 schools are charging. I agree with you about putting a higher price on the B10 games than on the NC games.

Top Bottom