Battle/Cooper/Garcia combine for 15 turnovers against Wisconsin

No its not. He has factually had two teams get better without him. One of them literally by the next week.

And he has not developed as a player. His limitations are still the same and his numbers have stayed consistent.

Again, you in providing no input whatsover. Actually proved to be the incompetent one. Amazing really.
You are making a false correlation. Go back to Milwaukee.

If we are building we Payne Evans JOJ...that is a lot of non-shooting...we better get some absolute snipers to space the floor....because we all know Payne only shoots from within 3 feet of the rim (or dunks) and JoJ really only shoots floaters / dunks as well. That is a really clogged lane.
Agree that this trio needs shooters around them. I will say that I saw Payne a number of times in high school, and even though he didn't take outside shots often, his shot was OK. Not his strength, but OK. He would even occasionally make 3-4 threes in a row in warm-up. Very confusing why he doesn't face up a defender and put up a 5-10 footer on occasion. And JOJ turned down a number of open shots last night.

JOJ and Evans both look to have decent form on their shots, so there's a chance they may develop in the coming years. That trio is going to be a strong rebounding presence eventually. So please, some more shooters and a little quickness at the point guard position, and this could evolve into something! ps Christie can shoot it, and I hope he has an easier time getting his shot off than Battle-teams now have a good blueprint for defending him. An athletic, smaller defender who stays up in his face. They're going to either have to get him posted up more or set more effective picks-6 turnovers isn't going to help this team much!

Agree that this trio needs shooters around them. I will say that I saw Payne a number of times in high school, and even though he didn't take outside shots often, his shot was OK. Not his strength, but OK. He would even occasionally make 3-4 threes in a row in warm-up. Very confusing why he doesn't face up a defender and put up a 5-10 footer on occasion. And JOJ turned down a number of open shots last night.

JOJ and Evans both look to have decent form on their shots, so there's a chance they may develop in the coming years. That trio is going to be a strong rebounding presence eventually. So please, some more shooters and a little quickness at the point guard position, and this could evolve into something! ps Christie can shoot it, and I hope he has an easier time getting his shot off than Battle-teams now have a good blueprint for defending him. An athletic, smaller defender who stays up in his face. They're going to either have to get him posted up more or set more effective picks-6 turnovers isn't going to help this team much!
Yeah, Payne is much more skilled than his FT% would make it seem.

I think the coaching staff will get with him, simplify his approach and I think he'll become an OK FT shooter. As you pointed out, he showed skill in HS and at times here too, just not at the FT line.

They (Battle, Garcia, Cooper) were also 17-43 shooting. 40%.

Our 3 freshmen were 7-11. 64%.

Yes, to win immediately our 3 transfers give us the best chance. But i hope we transition to the future more as the season goes on.
Cooper shot it fine- 7-15. The problem was Garcia and Battle 10-28- 36%

Just saw today Battle played all 40 minutes. So that type of play was can’t take off the floor type stuff? Whew…
That is amazing, but it tells you how badly they need shooters and scorers on this team, even when they're turning the ball over at an alarming rate..

Just saw today Battle played all 40 minutes. So that type of play was can’t take off the floor type stuff? Whew…
I hope it's 30 minutes for Battle, Garcia, & Cooper by the end of the season. Not 40. And far less of the team % of shots taken.

Shooting %?
40%
1.00 point per shot.

My math has been a disaster in this entire thread :).

I think my point was just that they are the only ones really doing anything, so they're going to be the ones with more turnovers, etc. But I might have just been overly encouraged after watching them play the Badgers close.

That is amazing, but it tells you how badly they need shooters and scorers on this team, even when they're turning the ball over at an alarming rate..
Yeah it's just not pretty.

Top Bottom