Battle and Cooper leaning towards moving on from Gophers after the season

Yeah, Cooper and Battle are not the kind of players that can't be replaced however there will be a lot of pressure on Johnson to find those replacements and he can't afford to miss....especially on the Point Guard(s) he brings in.
Battle has been a solid asset, but as with everyone there are always better players available out there. Whether they can be recruited and committed is another question and they have to fit into the team structure and philosophy.

Good thing you won’t have Battle to complain about next year
Everybody likes Battle. He plays hard. The problem is his role. He is just not a star. He's a role player who is over used. Last night was typical of the season 13 shots- 13 points. He is 1 point per shot all year.

The other players
JOJ- 5 shots- 8 points
Henley - 9 shots- 14 points
Garcia - 13 shots - 18 points
Cooper - 7 shots-16 points
Payne - 3 shots- 6 points
Carrington - 2 shots - 3 points

I'd love it if he stays as a 20-25 minute player. Same with Cooper. Good guys, good players, not stars or 35-40 minute per game guys on a good team.

We saw last night in the Nebraska game that battle is important to the offensive flow. That opens things up for Garcia and others. Good to have some others step up, especially Henley, who looked confident and aggressive.

Everybody likes Battle. He plays hard. The problem is his role. He is just not a star. He's a role player who is over used. Last night was typical of the season 13 shots- 13 points. He is 1 point per shot all year.

The other players
JOJ- 5 shots- 8 points
Henley - 9 shots- 14 points
Garcia - 13 shots - 18 points
Cooper - 7 shots-16 points
Payne - 3 shots- 6 points
Carrington - 2 shots - 3 points

I'd love it if he stays as a 20-25 minute player. Same with Cooper. Good guys, good players, not stars or 35-340 minute per game guys on a good team.
Agree. Battle is a very solid Big Ten player, not a star. You can win a lot of games with a team of Battles and I’ll take that.

Brutal how Andy Katz was talking about Battle and Cooper last night like they could both potentially be coming back to keep the core.

Big time inside info. and work there....

I’m not complaining about him. He has been largely awful this year. That doesn’t mean I want him to move on. I think he could be much more effective if Ben put him in a better position to be successful, which he did offensively last night. However, once he had three fouls he should have moved him off a player who is just going to go to the hoop and back him down - that wasn’t Battle’s fault. However, you read as much as you want into it.

Top Bottom