Bateman wants back in per Pete Thamel

Guessing he either saw/heard it via GI directly or perhaps secondhand.

They're really feisty about warning their members against "blabbing" it on gopherhole before it goes public.

So at a minimum, if Dunlap had torn his ACL ... you'd think that would be out there by now? STrib would be on it? But I guess we never heard peep about Braelen Oliver. Maybe they won't dig around until closer to the first game.

Wade and Davis cleared for Ohio State. Has to be a good sign!

So at a minimum, if Dunlap had torn his ACL ... you'd think that would be out there by now? STrib would be on it? But I guess we never heard peep about Braelen Oliver. Maybe they won't dig around until closer to the first game.
There has been nothing on GI about Dunlap tearing an ACL.

Our blood may not be blue, but he is considered one of the most exciting players in the conference? Maybe that counts for something.

Exactly. The Blue Bloods got theirs because they always do. But that doesn't mean that flows down to the rest of us because it rarely does.

Will never take anything for granted as far as the NCAA is concerned but has to be seen as a great sign for Bateman if Mayfield was in fact cleared to play after signing with an agent. Hopefully we hear something very soon in regards to Bateman's status. Will be a huge boost to the offense to get him back.

Honestly not sure how the NCAA could justify letting Mayfield back in and keeping Bateman out given the similarities in their situations.

Will never take anything for granted as far as the NCAA is concerned but has to be seen as a great sign for Bateman if Mayfield was in fact cleared to play after signing with an agent. Hopefully we hear something very soon in regards to Bateman's status. Will be a huge boost to the offense to get him back.

Honestly not sure how the NCAA could justify letting Mayfield back in and keeping Bateman out given the similarities in their situations.

Hope you're right, but one plays for Michigan, the other for Minnesota. That right there is enough to make me sweat this out.

Isnt pretty much everyone in the same situation? Opted out because of covid or opted out because wanted to concentrate on NFL after hearing of no fall season. Has anyone been denied yet? I doubt they will deny anybody.

Last edited:

Bateman's reinstatement makes complete common sense based on what we think we know about the similarities with other players that also signed with an agent. I believe we know that Bateman accepted money, but I have no information on whether others that signed with agents also took money. It may just come down to that, or the ability to repay the loan. Getting Bateman back will be a huge plus for this offense and the entire Gopher Nation!

Maybe Bateman and PJ have heard back, but want to do a cool social media announcement thing like the homage to Michael Jordan when the B1G announced we were playing again?

One can hope it's something like this.

The biggest and really only difference is that Rashod opted out and signed before the Big Ten officially canceled, while Mayfield was after. That's why I'm nervous.

The biggest and really only difference is that Rashod opted out and signed before the Big Ten officially canceled, while Mayfield was after. That's why I'm nervous.
And apparently Mayfield signed with an agent but never took money.

And apparently Mayfield signed with an agent but never took money.

That is the million dollar question with Bateman. Hopefully, the NCAA does not try to be cute and allow re-instatement in Rashod's case. Did he take normally impermissible benefits from his agent?

Maybe Bateman and PJ have heard back, but want to do a cool social media announcement thing like the homage to Michael Jordan when the B1G announced we were playing again?

One can hope it's something like this.
Called it. These videos probably took at least a day or 2 to make, which lines up with when all the news about the other players becoming eligible happened:

The longer this topic goes on the more magical thinking and delusions occur.
If you hire an agent and take money you cannot come back.
The NCAA will do what it will do but I find it difficult to imagine they would open the floodgates to multiple players on a team leaving, doing the above and then allowing them to come back.
The disruption it would cause to the teams' roster would be considerable.

Sounds like Less might be 2 for 3 ..... and hopefully not 3 for 3. :confused:

Top Bottom